Monday, 18 August 2014

Self-Balayage Your Hair in 5 Easy Steps

A couple of months ago I was lucky enough to be selected by beautyheaven to participate in the Schwarzkopf Blonde Ultime trial to self-balayage my hair with Schwarzkopf's expert Grant Withnell on hand for guidance and instruction.

The process was a lot simpler and easier than I thought it would be. The five easy steps included:

Step 1: Form two high pigtails, one on either side of the head.


Photo Credit: Beauty Heaven

Step 2: Tease/back comb the pigtails.


Photo Credit: Beauty Heaven
Photo Credit: Beauty Heaven

Step 3: Apply the Schwarzkopf Blonde Ultime product to the ends of the teased pigtails, as high as you want the colour to go.



Step 4: Wait for your hair to lighten to your desired shade of blonde. For me this took 30 minutes as I was after a subtle blonde colour. 


30 minutes

Step 5: Wash the product out of your hair, then wash and style your hair as normal. Admittedly for this step I had some much appreciated pampering help from the Schwarzkopf professionals.

Photo Credit: Beauty Heaven

Was I happy with the end result?

Yes! This easy method resulted in no harsh lines across my hair, the colour was subtle, there was no yellowness and my hair felt surprisingly soft afterwards. I also received numerous compliments from my family, colleagues and friends.

I would highly recommend Schwarzkopf Blonde Ultime and this method of self-balayage. It is easy, economical and effective. Exactly what is needed for self-balayaging your hair at home.


xx
Ingrid


You can also find me on Instagram:

8 comments:

  1. That looks great, love it! I was wondering why you tease it, but I suppose it's to prevent a harsh colour line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's right, the teasing prevents the harsh line across your hair.

      Delete
  2. wow how great does your hair look? Fantastic and looks so easy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, this method was surprisingly easy & effective. Plus much cheaper than paying high salon prices for a balayage!

      Delete
  3. It looks fab on you! And so easy even I could probably do it ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet. It really was as easy as the pictures suggest. If I could do it anyone can!

      Delete
  4. Looks gorgeous! I've been wanting to do my own again but last time I ended up really brassy, will have to check out this dye :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got no brassiness using the Schwarzkopf Blonde Ultime. Just make sure to check your hair's progress as the time progresses. 30 minutes was all my hair needed. Good luck, hopefully you will get a better result this time.

      Delete