Monday, 25 August 2014

Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb

The Sydney Harbour Bridge is an iconic Sydney landmark and top Sydney tourist attraction. And the most exciting and fun way to experience it is to climb to the top of it.






A while ago I won a double Bridge Climb pass in a competition in my local paper. "That'll be fun!" was my initial reaction. But I kept putting it off for longer and longer until it got to the stage where the pass was almost due to expire. Why?  Because the Sydney Harbour Bridge is HUGE and HIGH and I was terrified! 

Determined to overcome my fear in order to enjoy this amazing and fun experience however I finally booked my climb for the weekend before it was due to expire. I decided to take my then 10 year old son with me. If he could do it, so could I. (Note that 10 years is the minimum age for doing the Bridge Climb).

1337 steps, 4 loooooong ladders, 134m above sea level!


Did I make it to the top of the bridge? Yes! 
Did I have fun? Yes!
Was it fantastic? Yes!
Would I recommend it? Definitely yes!



The Bridge Climb guides look after nervous first time climbers like me really well. You are harnessed onto the bridge at all times and thus the climb is completely safe. Once I started climbing I was so engrossed in looking at the fantastic view and listening to the guide's fascinating commentary I forgot all about being scared.

This is not only a fantastic and fun activity for tourists to participate in, but it's an amazing experience all Sydneysiders should experience at least once in their lifetime. In fact, I enjoyed it so much I am now thinking about taking my other son up with me for a night time climb. I imagine a night climb would be a totally magical experience seeing all the glittering city lights from the view point of the bridge!

The view from the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge definitely provides you with the most exhilarating view of Sydney Harbour, the Sydney Opera House and the surrounding city and waterfront suburbs. This was fun with a capital F!

You can find more information regarding the different types of Bridge Climb, current prices etc on the Bridge Climb website: http://www.bridgeclimb.com/ .

xx
Ingrid


You can also find me on Instagram:


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12687263/?claim=yfmykxvty6p">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


16 comments:

  1. I can imagine the view from the top of the bridge would be magnificent, as someone who is incredibly scared of heights I think I'd struggle to make it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm scared of heights too so to make sure I was ok the guide had me at the front of the group right behind her. Once we started climbing I was so preoccupied with the view and listening to the guide's commentary I forgot all about my fear of heights.

      Delete
  2. I was just thinking of doing this about 2 days ago when I saw a brochure on it!! I don't think I will ever dare to jump out from an airplane but this, I should be able to do ;) Beautiful pics, Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'd be able to do the Bridge Climb. If I can do it, anyone can do it. I would never dare to jump out of a plane either!

      Delete
  3. Gosh! You daring daring chick! I am really afraid of heights, even though I would LOVE to get a chance to do this. But hmmm...we'll see! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do it if you get the chance Norlin. You won't regret it.

      Delete
  4. I went to Sydney with my twenty-four year old son recently and he wanted to do the bridge climb but I was too chicken thinking I'd either have a heart attack or a panic attack on top of the bridge. You and your son look like you had a ball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a ball. We absolutely loved it.

      Delete
  5. My problem with this, other than my fear of heights, would be that I wouldn't be able to take any pictures and that would kill me! haha. Good on you for getting out there and doing it!! -Aroha (for #teamIBOT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - yes, not being able to take your own camera is frustrating. My daughter took a few photos from the Sydney Harbour Bridge pylon lookout of my son and I as we climbed and the guide takes photos of you but it's not the same as taking your own.

      Delete
  6. I like the idea apart from the ladders. I'm not a fan of ladders generally. Might be different if I knew I couldn't fall down it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of ladders either, they were my least favourite bit.

      Delete
  7. First, thanks for visiting my blog. I admire you. I am gutless and could not do that. I am very ashamed about that given my 80 year old Aunty did it as a dare recently, lol. I will come back and visit again as I could do with some fabulous fun inspiration in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, your 80 year old aunty is amazing! I hope when I reach 80 I'm as active as she is.

      Delete
  8. Wow this looks amazing! This is definitely on my bucket list of things to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to do a Bridge Climb and tick this activity off your bucket list. It truly is amazing.

      Delete