Monday, 22 September 2014

Fabulous Fashion Finds: Spring Jackets

I love spring! It's my favourite season. The flowers start blooming, the birds become chirpier & the days become brighter. But despite the days becoming sunnier & warmer, the mornings & evenings can still be quite crisp & cool in Sydney. Thus the need for layered spring dressing. One of my essential spring wardrobe items is jackets.

In spring I put away my heavier winter jackets & coats and look for lighter, brighter spring options. This year my favourite spring jacket fabulous fashion finds include:

1. Three Parsons Floral Drape Cape Jacket


I absolutely LOVE my new Three Parsons Floral Drape Cape Jacket. I love its glorious colours, its pretty floral design & its flattering cut and shape. Florals are a recurring spring trend every year, so hopefully I will get several years wear out of this jacket.

I can't believe I originally hesitated when I first saw this jacket on the Three Parsons website because I was nervous buying a "one size fits all" garment over the internet without trying it on.

Luckily for me the gorgeous looking Kimba from Kimba Likes posted a photo wearing this jacket a couple of weeks later on her Instagram account. When I saw it I instantly knew my previous hesitation had been a mistake! Although in hindsight my delayed purchasing was actually fortunate, as in the meanwhile the jacket was marked down on sale. Yay!

2. Sussan Denim Jacket


Another recurring spring trend is denim. Denim never seems to go out of fashion. Different seasons just have different shades of denim. I found this fabulous pale denim jacket at Sussan. It features breast pockets, long sleeve styling and a crop finish making it great for casual spring styling. I always have a denim jacket or two in my wardrobe for spring.

3. Spring Wraps 


My final spring jacket fabulous fashion find is not a jacket at all but a wrap.I find wraps really versatile to use in spring. I bought this wrap new on ebay and once again love the floral print on it. It is warm to wear in the mornings and evenings and easy to remove when it gets warmer.There are also so many different ways to wear a wrap.


What are your spring wardrobe essentials?

xx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram: 








20 comments:

  1. Yay for Spring and a chance to break into some new threads! Seriously will be looking into that Sussan jacket - love denim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a comfy yet stylish denim jacket. I'm sure I'll be wearing it heaps this spring.

      Delete
  2. I too love the florals that are out at the moment! I've been sporting two lovely new shirts from Sportscraft. My husband hates them but I love them! It also helps that I've been given a few compliments when I've worn them out :) I will have to check out the Three Parsons range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sportscraft have such beautiful and classic clothes. If you love your floral shirts and you get compliments wearing them, they must look good!

      Delete
  3. I love the floral drape cape. I think this type of cover and kimonos are rocking for Spring. I love me my floral kimono. I also love just getting out my colorful cardi's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Capes and kimonos are so flattering! I'm glad they're fashionable again.

      Delete
  4. I'm a fan of a cardy in spring. Warm enough to keep you from being cool, but so light and flowy. But this is my first spring ever, so I'm open to ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why but I don't have many cardys. They would be good for spring.

      Delete
  5. I love the nice and flowing dresses for spring. I also love that it's not quite stinking hot yet, but warm enough to wear singlets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everybody seems to be wearing capes at the moment. I really need to get myself one. I love that all of the shops are stocking floral at the moment. It's so deliciously spring. Visiting via #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Renee. Florals definitely equal spring.

      Delete
  7. I love Spring dressing, because all those layers can come off. Love that denim jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ingrid, nice to meet you over at Redcliffe Style and thanks for your lovely comments about my blogs. Wow I love the Three parsons floral drape cape jacket above - just right for Spring. And what a lovely name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I appreciate you visiting my blog and commenting.

      Delete
  9. I seem to be wearing monochrome and denim a lot this Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monochrome is like denim. Always in fashion!

      Delete
  10. Awesome buys!! I love a denim jacket and that is one you can wear all year around - for years and years. I love all your picks. Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. That comment means alot to me coming from someone whose style I'm a total fan girl of!

      Delete