Monday, 8 September 2014

Makeup Rut Remedy

Every so often, especially now that I'm a bit older, I get into a makeup rut. Products that I've previously been using AND loving, no longer seem to meet my needs.

Much as I hate to write this, my skin has changed with age. It has become less elastic, less radiant, less "plump" and the following have appeared:
  • fine lines and wrinkles
  • skin dryness
  • pigmentation & sunspots, and
  • redness!
Deep sigh!!! Ageing is no fun for your skin but at least I no longer have pimples! (There has to be some positive silver lining!)

Recently I found myself in a makeup rut with my foundation. My previously effective foundation suddenly seemed to be drying and not cover my skin's redness. I also became very aware that it did not include any SPF, necessitating me to have an additional sunscreen step in my daily makeup routine. 

Rather than automatically go to the same brands I've used in the past I decided to go to Mecca Maxima to remedy my makeup rut and get their expert advice on what brand and product would best suit my changed needs. The reason I love going to Mecca Maxima is because they have a wide variety of brands, the staff are experts in beauty products and you can have the products applied to your face in-store to trial. I love Mecca Maxima's friendly and fabulous customer service.


At Mecca Maxima I requested a light to medium coverage foundation that would not be drying, that included an inbuilt SPF and would cover my redness. So what products did they recommend to me?





  • Clinique Superprimer Colour Corrects Redness
  • Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF30 Hydrating Colour Corrector
  • Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm in Amp'd Up Apple



  • The Clinique Superprimer Colour Corrects Redness is a lightweight yellow tinted face primer which effectively evens out my skin tone and reduces my redness. I've also found it helps my foundation to last for longer.

    The Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF30 Hydrating Colour Corrector is once again light weight, contains SPF30 and hydrates my skin perfectly. Thus it meets all my requested needs. It also further evens out my skin tone creating a younger, natural, glowing look. Hallelujah! I've been very happy with this product since purchasing it two weeks ago.

    Finally, to finish off my look, Mecca Maxima's expert used NARS Laguna bronzer and then Clinque Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm in Amp'd Up Apple. Once I saw the ease of use of the Chubby Stick and its perfect colour, of course I had to buy this as an additional treat! Oops! The Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm provided a gorgeous sheer, rosy colour to my cheeks. I have since started using it on my lips as well. I love products that multi-task!

    Makeup rut remedied! Thanks Mecca Maxima for your expert advice.

    Do you ever suffer from makeup ruts? How do you remedy them?


    xx
    Ingrid

    You can also find me on Instagram: 

    10 comments:

    1. Gorgeous!! I'm a bit of a makeup lover! I love Clinique products but find it so hard to move past my MAC foundation! Mecca Maxia is awesome for makeup goodies, isn't it!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Lucy, thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, Mecca Maxima is awesome, it's makeup heaven!

        Delete
    2. I have to say I haven't really got into makeup but attended L'Oreal makeup thing hosted by Elsa someone special and got taught some nifty tricks to help the face look WAY younger! Em - visiting as part of #teamIBOT

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The L'Oreal makeup thing at ProBlogger sounds like it was fun. I would have loved to learn some nifty tricks!

        Delete
    3. I tend to go mostly with tinted moisturisers these days, but I do use a mineral foundation for special occasions.
      I do love makeup though. So many options :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I have my easy makeup days and my more effort makeup days too.

        Delete
    4. I haven't come across Mecca Maxima before. Sadly, I still get zits even as my skin is drying out and wrinkling - what's that about?!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope a Mecca Maxima comes to a shopping centre near you soon.

        Delete
    5. What a great idea! I have never shopped there and I am scared of the day I start. Great buys! Rachel x

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes, shopping at Mecca Maxima is scary! I always end up buying more than I planned!

        Delete