Monday, 13 October 2014

NYX Cosmetics New Products Showcase (Part 1)

I was so excited to be invited to my second beautyheaven Beauty Degustation event last week. This beauty degustation showcased the new NYX Cosmetics products about to be released in Australia and included a masterclass makeup lesson from makeup and beauty supremo Dean Nixon. I love learning tips and tricks from the experts.

NYX Butter Lipstick
My favourite makeup items are lipsticks and lip glosses. I don't mind leaving the house without eye makeup but I always need to have a lippie on. So I was very interested to try the new NYX Butter Lipsticks.

There are 22 colours in the NYX Butter Lipstick range including nudes, pinks, corals, reds and purples, offering full coverage high impact pops of colour for lips. Unfortunately I don't have a full set of these butter lipsticks to photograph and swatch for you, although I will definitely be buying quite a few of them when I see them hit the shelves in Australia. However I did find these photos on the internet of the entire colour range.


The hottest NYX Butter Lipstick colour in the US is Licorice, a stunning deep burgundy colour. Elizabeth was the lucky BH member to have this shade applied to her lips by Dean Nixon in the masterclass. One of Dean's tips was to use a concealer brush instead of a lip brush to apply the lipstick, as it is a longer and flatter brush and gives a more effective, cleaner looking result.



I was lucky to receive the Taffy colour Butter Lipstick, a beautiful pink mauve colour with great pigmentation. It felt hydrating, creamy and comfortable to wear. It was non sticky and had a satin like finish. It actually seemed to melt onto my lips like butter, so calling this range "Butter Lipsticks" is very apt.



I like the NYX Butter Lipsticks' packaging. Although it isn't luxe packaging it is highly practical, cute packaging. The outer tube is colour coded the same shade as the lipstick it contains which makes finding the shade you're after quick and easy. You can also see the lipstick colour through the side of the tube.

NYX Lip Primer
Another of Dean's lip tips included exfoliating your lips regularly with a soft baby toothbrush and applying shea butter. He also recommended applying a lip primer under your lip products to help them apply more evenly and last longer. 

I applied this new NYX Cosmetics lip primer under my Butter Lipstick to help the lipstick last longer. I found this lip primer to be smooth and easy to apply.
  

NYX Colour Mascara
Finally, another exciting new product NYX Cosmetics showed us is the coloured mascara range they're introducing to Australia. This includes blue, brown, and my favourite purple mascara. Believe me when I say I felt way too happy to discover the purple mascara in my goodie bag! It's a fabulous and fun return to the 80s! Yes, I admit, I'm old enough to remember the 80s first hand! But I promise not to bring out the disco ball from storage ........ or maybe I could show my kids a disco move or two!!!!!! Haha!

This purple mascara added a fun yet subtle pop of colour to my lashes, which are naturally quite dark. I needed to put on several coats but was happy with the end result. I'll probably buy the blue mascara as well when I see it in the shops. It will be a bit of fun for summer.



Thank you beautyheaven for inviting me to this Beauty Degustation. I really appreciated it and enjoyed learning more about the new NYX Cosmetics products about to be released in Australia (thanks Dean & Kerrie) and also how to curl my hair (thanks Annalise). Thank you beautyheaven and NYX Cosmetics for the fabulous goodie bags. More reviews to come!

Which colour Butter Lipstick do you best like the look of?

xx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram: 

13 comments:

  1. Great tips there. Up until recently I rarely wore lipstick. I was more of a gloss girl. I really like the look of the statement lipsticks, so I'm trying to grow my collection now. Great tip on exfoliating with a toothbrush. I will have to try that. I'll look out for these ones in the stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love learning tips from experts like Dean Nixon.

      Delete
  2. Love that mascara! I'm not much of a lipstick girl, I'm usually just wearing lip balm (my fave at the moment is Go-To's Lips!) but I pretty much wear mascara every time I leave the house. Being in a fairly constant state of sleep deprivation, I find it's the number one thing for making me look close to being alive! Lol! Those lipsticks do sound nice though, I will definitely keep an eye out for them.
    (Visiting from #teamIBOT today x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Kylie. Sleep deprivation is hard! When my twins were babies I never got around to wearing any makeup at all! For your info the lipsticks will be in Target stores in November and are available from Target's website from today.

      Delete
  3. Pops looks likes my colour! I've taken more to lip liner with gloss these days. But I won't leave home without my eye-liner on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pops is one of my favourite colours as well!

      Delete
  4. I'm a huge fan of the NYX brand. I definitely want to try the lip primer out.
    C x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lip primers are great for making your lipstick last longer on your lips.

      Delete
  5. Hi Ingrid! Great post! I haven't actually tried many of NYX's products yet but I do love the look of the shades. I like the look of Gumdrop. Such a pretty pink shade xx Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss 17 & I just stumbled on NYX cosmetics at Target today, she is such a makeup aficionado she knew all about NYX and was very excited to see them. I bought an eyebrow pencil so looking forward to trying that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYX are great products at a wonderful price! They have such an extensive product range, I'm yet to try their eyebrow pencil.

      Delete
  7. This was such a great review!

    http://jeveuxx.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete