Monday, 27 October 2014

NYX Cosmetics New Products Showcase (Part 2)

One of the new products that NYX Cosmetics showcased to us at the recent beautyheaven Beauty Degustation event was their new BB creamBy my definitions I found it to be almost more a foundation than a BB cream as it gave more coverage than most other BB creams I've tried. But who cares what it's defined as, I absolutely love it! Miraculously this BB cream covers my skin's redness and evens out my skin tone making my skin look more radiant and smoother, and thus more youthful! Perfect for my aging 40+ year old skin! 



I found this BB cream easy to apply and blend, lightweight, oil free and with good pigmentation. It results in natural looking, smooth skin. I find there is no need to apply foundation over the top of it, making it perfect for use on my work days when I start work at 7am and want a quick and easy makeup routine before I leave home. I just apply the BB cream, set it with powder and then apply my blush. Using this method I've found the BB cream to last well throughout my entire work day. My only additional wish is that this BB cream also contained SPF.

NYX Cosmetics' BB cream comes in three different shades: nude, natural and golden. The shade I was gifted at the beautyheaven Beauty Degustation was Golden which luckily is the perfect shade for me. This BB cream is priced at $18.95 and is available at Target's online site here (currently on sale for $13.26) and my understanding is that it will also be on Target stores' shelves in November.


Another new NYX product I'm enjoying trialling is the Sunkissed Radiant Finishing Powder. It contains 6 different shades within the one product including bronze, brown, rose, peach, yellow and champagne toned powders.

The powders all contain a hint of shimmer but this is not overly glittery. It gave my skin a soft subtle healthy glow or you could call it a "sunkissed radiant" look, making this an aptly named product!

I found this finishing powder easy to apply, lightweight and silky smooth. I applied it after my makeup and found it helped to set my makeup. I like how I can vary the colours I swirl my brush over to vary the shade I apply to my skin depending on whether I want a more highlighting or bronzing look.

Like all NYX Cosmetics, Sunkissed Radiant Finishing Powder is good value, priced at $16.95, but is currently even better value, being on sale for $11.85 at Target Online. I love bargains! Especially good quality makeup bargains!


What was your last makeup bargain buy?

xx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram: 


15 comments:

  1. I might need to 'case' that finishing powder. Just what I was looking for and how good is the Target price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The finishing powder is worth 'casing'. I hope this post has made it less of a 'mystery'.

      Delete
  2. Love a good BB cream. (I blogged some reviews recently too if you want to compare.) I have not heard of this brand yet but thanks for letting me know about it. I had a fun shop in Target on the weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your Violet Box review. I'm planning to get some Popcorn Lip Scrub next time I go shopping.

      Delete
  3. I really do have to give BB cream a go. On the shelf in November at Target... I'm on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BB Cream has simplified my work day beauty routine.

      Delete
  4. I actually haven't bought make up in a while now... only because I have so many I am trying to finish up or at least get out from the packaging! Lol. I started thinking I have to calm down with the obsession a bit. These NYX goodies look awesome though and they are so well priced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably shouldn't buy anymore makeup for a while either to use up what I've got, but it is hard to ignore a bargain!

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of finishing powder. I do like makeup though, so I'll have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the current sale prices its probably the best time to give it a go.

      Delete
  6. Did you know, as well as being an over-packer I'm also a product floozie? I will investigate your recommendations as soon as I'm back from Byron! Thanks for the tips lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I continuously continue coming to your website once more simply in case you have posted new contents.oro gold

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good article, your all provided information is all right, keep your blogs on- Greets. Vine Vera Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love their lipsticks, so that finishing powder is looking pretty good right now.

    ReplyDelete