Monday, 3 November 2014

Dr LeWinn's Effective Wrinkle Warriors

I trialled Dr LeWinn's Line Smoothing Complex S8 Instant Line Eraser Serum for beautyheaven a couple of months ago and absolutely loved it. So much so that I went out and bought Dr LeWinn's Line Smoothing Complex S8 Hydrating Day Cream to use with it. Here are my reviews of these two products.



Dr LeWinn's Line Smoothing Complex S8 Instant Line Eraser Serum
Dr LeWinn's Line Smoothing Complex S8 Instant Line Eraser Serum is a light lilac colour with a creamy consistency as opposed to other more oily serums I've used in the past. The serum has virtually no fragrance. 

The advertising boasts that this serum contains "the power of 5 wrinkle warriors" including:
1) Snowflake Plant Extract that enhances skin firmness & boosts elasticity 
2) Fiflow BCX which visually smooths skin within 90 seconds
3) Litonin Express which visually reduces the appearance of wrinkles by 74% 
4) Hylasome EG-10 which boosts skin moisture levels 5 times higher than Hyaluronic Acid
5) Botox alternative Snap-8 which helps reduce the appearance of expression lines.



I've been applying 3 pumps of the serum to my face after cleansing and before moisturising every morning and evening. The serum absorbs quickly into my skin & although it sounds too good to be true, I really did feel and see immediate benefits. I felt an immediate tightening and firming of my skin  and noticed an immediate, significant visual reduction of my fine lines. 

After several weeks use I noticed some of my fine lines have disappeared altogether and my deeper wrinkles have softened. My skin's appearance has improved, looking smoother, more youthful, radiant & "plumper". A couple of my friends have asked if I have been on holidays as I've appeared "more rested and relaxed" to them.

My only slight criticism has to do with the packaging of this product. While I love the hygienic pump dispenser, & the 30ml opaque white plastic bottle with its silver and lilac lid looks stylish, I'd prefer to have a transparent bottle so I could see how much product I have remaining.

Overall I'm extremely impressed with this serum and highly recommend it. I will be purchasing this product ($69.95) to replace it once my trial bottle is finished. This Instant Line Eraser Serum really is an effective wrinkle warrior!

Dr LeWinn's Line Smoothing Complex S8 Hydrating Day Cream
Due to the effectiveness of the above Instant Line Eraser Serum I also purchased the Dr LeWinn's Line Smoothing Complex S8 Hydrating Day Cream ($69.95) to use in conjunction with the serum.



This Hydrating Day Cream is advertised as "a light, anti-ageing treatment moisturiser that has the slow release power of the Hydro-Boost Micropatch and the rich nourishment of Caviar to help minimise visual signs of ageing and provide continuous hydration throughout the day". It also contains Snap-8 which acts "to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles".

I found this moisturiser absorbed into my skin quickly without leaving any greasy residue. I found it lived up to its advertising in that my 40+ year old skin remained hydrated all day, which is something that does not always occur with other moisturisers. After use my skin felt silky smooth and soft. My fine lines and wrinkles were reduced as described in the above review. 

Once again I loved the hygienic push pump dispenser of this 30g moisturiser. I also liked the transparent jar which enabled me to see how much product I had remaining. 

Overall I noticed a huge improvement in my skin with the combined use of these two Dr LeWinn's products. I will definitely be repurchasing both of these products. They meet the needs of my 40+ year old skin perfectly!

xx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram: 


16 comments:

  1. I've often wondered about Dr LeWinn products. I agree that a transparent bottle is preferable so that you can see when you're running low. Are these very expensive? Min

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Min, both products are $69.95 each which isn't cheap but could be worse! They do seem to go on sale or have offers/package deals at Priceline quite regularly. I'm hoping they'll have some sort of relevant special coming up to Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Great Post. I had wanted to see the results of these products used together, as they were obviously designed synergystically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pink Hornet, although these products work well separately, they do work better together. I'll be rebuying both to continue using together.

      Delete
  3. I used to use Dr Lewinn products. I can't remember why I stopped. They suited me fine and I found them effective from memory. I am running low on face cream at the moment. Might give the old doctor another go :) Visiting via #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I've definitely found Dr LeWinn's effective.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for recommending these products - I too love transparent bottles and push pump dispensers! Makes things soooo much easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Push pump dispensers are so much more hygienic!

      Delete
  5. The fact you went out and bought another product in the range, says it all for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even more so when you know that I've got two unopened different moisturisers sitting in my cupboard waiting to be used! The problem now is I'll want to repurchase this one again, so I don't know if I'll ever get to the unopened other day creams.

      Delete
  6. I've not tried this range but it was a great review, you've convinced me to go and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've often seen these products on the shelf at Priceline and wondered about them. So I'm going to give them a go now you've reviewed them so well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, I'm happy to recommend these Dr LeWinn's products to you. I hope you find them as effective as I do. Thanks for reading my blog post.

      Delete
  8. I love serums and think I definitely need to check this out. The price point is excellent! Great review. Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, I never used to use serums when I was younger but now I'm in my 40s I wouldn't not use a serum!

      Delete