Monday, 29 December 2014

24 Days of Joy - The Body Shop Advent Calendar

24 Days of Joy is such an apt name for the 2014 Body Shop advent calendar. I absolutely loved it and yes, it literally did give me 24 days of joy! Much as I was tempted to rip into it and open every window to reveal all my surprise treats on the day I received my advent calendar, I showed unexpected great restraint opening only one window a day all the way through to Christmas Eve.




As can be seen from the above photos The Body Shop advent calendar was a pretty hefty calendar, requiring metal hinges to hold the two halves together! It also had a convenient carry handle which can't be seen in my photos. Each cardboard window had a cute inspirational saying behind it plus, of course, a great Body Shop product.

Now, to list the magnificent contents of this joyous advent calendar. Let me tell you the contents were amazing! There was a fabulous selection of bath, body, skin care, nail care and other beauty products. They included best selling, iconic Body Shop products as well as some brand new range products. 



Day 1:   Almond Hand and Nail Cream 30ml
Day 2:   Almond Nail File
Day 3:   Frosted Cranberry Heart Soap - I wish I could give you a sniff of this soap, it smells              absolutely divine!
Day 4:   Frosted Cranberry Shower Gel 60ml
Day 5:   Frosted Cranberry Shimmer Lotion 60ml



Day 6:   Black Eye Definer
Day 7:   Strawberry Heart Soap
Day 8:   Strawberry Lip Butter 10ml
Day 9:   Strawberry Hand Cream 30ml
Day 10:  Colour Crush Nail Colour Shade: Relish The Moment 6.8ml



Day 11:   Glazed Apple Heart Soap - another absolutely divine smelling soap!
Day 12:   Glazed Apple Body Lotion 60ml
Day 13:   Vitamin E Moisture Cream 15ml
Day 14:   Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask 6ml (1 mask)
Day 15:   Vitamin E Night Cream 15ml



Day 16:   Moringa Shower Gel 60ml
Day 17:   Moringa Body Milk 60ml
Day 18:   Shower Puff/Scrubber/Loofah (I'm not sure what the official name for this is)
Day 19:   Honeymania Lip Balm 10ml
Day 20:   Wild Argan Oil Body Lotion 60ml



Day 21:   Eyeshadow Brush   
Day 22:   Shea Shower Cream 60ml
Day 23:   Shea Body Butter 50ml
Day 24:   White Musk Eau de Toilette 10ml



This Body Shop advent calendar cost me $129 Australian and was well worth the cost. It was the perfect way to sample a wide variety of The Body Shop's fabulous and divinely scented products. It was the perfect beauty lover's way to pamper myself whilst counting down to Christmas. I'm already missing opening a cardboard window, reading the saying behind it and receiving a new surprise treat each day. At least, thanks to the generous size of the products in the calendar, I will be using them for a while yet. I definitely want to purchase another one of these calendars next year!


If you could have any type of products in an advent calendar you wanted, what type/brand products would you choose?

xx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram: 



2 comments:

  1. I love it! How you managed not to use any of those so you can take a pic with all of them still intact is beyond me! :p
    That is one good advent calendar!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard not to use everything straight away. I did start using the lip balms, Vitamin E moisturisers and the White Musk perfume prior to taking the photo but I have now opened and started using the other products as well. I love this advent calendar!

      Delete