Monday, 22 December 2014

Favourite 3 Christmas Trees in Sydney

I love Christmas! I love everything about it. It is my favourite time of year. I especially love the huge decorated Christmas trees in Sydney city. 

Last week my daughter and I took a day off work and school respectively to visit the city and get into the Christmas spirit, viewing all the beautiful Christmas trees and Christmas decorations.

Below are our top three favourite Christmas trees in the city of Sydney.

Number 1 is the Queen Victoria Building's Swarovski Christmas Tree. It spans three levels of the QVB, stands 24 metres tall, has 60,000 lights, is decorated with an amazing 144,000 Swarovski crystal ornaments and looks absolutely amazing!

This tree took 40 hours to install and decorate and was put together by a team of 72 people, including technicians, engineers, lighting consultants and crystal makers from Australia and Austria.



Number 2 is the unique Lego Christmas Tree in Pitt St Mall. This tree was built by Australia's very own Lego Certified Professional, Ryan McNaught. What a job title! I think every young child would love to have his job! This Lego tree is 10m tall and built from almost 500,000 Lego bricks. 

Each evening it comes to life with a magical light show set to Christmas carols. Near the top of the tree is a cute Lego koala, a favourite with overseas tourists. 



Our third favourite tree is the festive red Christmas Tree in Sydney's historic Strand Arcade. This tree was inspired by Alex Perry. It stands 11 metres tall, has over 2000 baubles, 1000 fairy lights and 200 butterflies.

                                              strand-arcade-christmas-tree


Finally, a bonus, our absolute favourite Christmas tree is our own decorated family Christmas tree. It's not quite as tall nor elaborate as the Christmas trees above, but it was put up with love by us as a family and is decorated with lots of baubles with special meaning to us.



MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Where is your favourite Christmas tree this year?


xx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram: 




8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, these look amazing! Thanks for sharing:) #TeamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to go down to Sydney to visit my grandparents every second year Ingrid. We'd always check out the window displays at David Jones. Now I love the Queen Victoria Building at Christmas, it's so classy! Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit disappointed with the David Jones Christmas windows this year. Although it was still good, other years have been alot better. The QVB however was more spectacular than ever! Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. I love that lego tree! How beautiful is that?
    Our own tree is very special looking. I don't mind that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lego tree was certainly beautiful. I'm sorry that I didn't have a video of it at night to show everyone! Merry Christmas to you and your family Jess.

      Delete
  4. The QVD and Strand Arcade are always my favourites!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two trees are definitely worthy of a special trip into the city!

      Delete