Monday, 19 January 2015

9 Makeup Picks in Pantone's 2015 Colour of the Year Marsala



The Pantone Color Institute has recently announced Marsala, "a naturally robust and earthy wine red" as the Color of the Year for 2015.

Leatrice Eiseman, the executive director of the Pantone Color Institute declared "This hearty, yet stylish tone is universally appealing and translates easily to fashion, beauty, industrial design, home furnishings and interiors."

The Pantone Color Institute has further declared that Marsala is "an incredibly versatile color for beauty". That it is an "appealing and sophisticated shade that's flattering against many skin tones." I tend to agree with this statement. Personally I like the colour Marsala in beauty products but browsing through various social media channels it sounds like some people are a bit unsure about Marsala and how to apply it. 

To assist people to adopt this trend beauty-wise, if they wish, I have compiled 9 easy to wear marsala coloured beauty products.



1. Stila Eyeshadow in Pigalle ($24)

2. NYX Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Rust ($10.95)

3. Essence Silky Touch Blush in Kissable ($5.10)

4. NARS The Multiple in G-Spot (Can be used on lips, eyelids or cheeks) ($52)

5. Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lipstick in Brick ($46)

6. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Adore ($17.95)

7. Essie Nail Polish in Bordeaux ($16.95)

8. Zoya Nail Polish in Marcella ($19)

9. NARS Blush in Almeria ($39)

If you are wanting fashion advice about wearing 2015's colour of the year without a childhood flashback Fox In Flats has written a great blog post on this topic :) 


What do you think about the colour Marsala? 
Will you be utilising Marsala shaded makeup and fashion items this year?

xx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram:

 and Facebook:

21 comments:

  1. Awesome post Ingrid - thanks so much darling lady for doing this much needed research, will DEFINITELY be wearing this shade asap! ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour and will embrace it when the weather cools down, it's too deep for a very hot Queensland summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My initial reaction was that it was more of a winter colour too but when I started looking through my current makeup I realised I do actually wear a lot of this colour even in summer!

      Delete
  3. Love marsala ... as you can probably tell from my blog LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really versatile colour the more you think about its various uses!

      Delete
  4. Ohhh fantastic picks! A few of these have been popped onto my wishlist now ;)
    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! I've got a couple of the items pictured above but others are on my wish list too!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE this colour so much. It's my favourite colour really. I think I need that eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to be an enabler and say you totally need that eyeshadow ;)
      It is a gorgeous and flattering colour!

      Delete
  6. Huge fan of this colour, it goes well with most of my heritage decor. I hadn't thought to look for it make up wise. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This colour would be very heritage decor friendly! These colours seem to go in cycles!

      Delete
  7. I have a handbag in this colour and if it's in, I must start using it again! I am not sure I would look good wearing this colour as makeup though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely start using your handbag again! You'll be totally on-trend ;)

      Delete
  8. I am absolutely loving this colour! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy, I love it too! Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  9. It's a great colour, what a cool idea to have a colour of the year. #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love this colour. I'd be interested however in knowing a bit more about how Pantone choose which colour is going to be bestowed the honour of the "Colour of the Year" title each year.

      Delete
  10. I LOVE that marsalla colour. so rich and delicious looking xx

    ReplyDelete