Monday, 26 January 2015

Fabulous Fashion Find: Top 10 Uses For My Watermelon Sarong



I love watermelon! Especially chilled watermelon eaten outdoors at the beach! Nothing symbolises summer more to me! 

So as soon as I saw Lyloh Sarong's delicious watermelon sarong I knew I had to buy one! I was lucky to be able to utilise Lyloh's generous two for the price of one special introductory offer to buy myself and my daughter one of these gorgeous circular 'Delicious Watermelon' sarongs each for Christmas. 

Since receiving them we have discovered many different uses for these sarongs. Here are our top 10 uses. 

1. Wear it as a traditional sarong skirt. You can vary the length of the skirt by how much you double over the top of the sarong at your waist. 



For those interested, my daughter is also wearing the Seafolly Prismatic Tank bikini top with its multi rouleau straps at the back.

2.  Wear it as a dress.



3. Wear it as a top. I have used a photo from Lyloh Sarong's Instagram account to illustrate this one.
Image credit: @lylohsarongs                                 
4. Use it for extra sun protection outdoors.


5.  Use it as a beach mat.


6. Use it as a lightweight towel. Great for when you are travelling light and don't want to pack bulky towels.

7. Use it as a picnic rug.


8. Use it as a tablecloth either inside at home on the dining table or coffee table or outdoors at a park table.




9. Use it as a lightweight summer sheet when napping outdoors and in hammocks.

10. Wrap it around your shoulders for a bit of extra warmth when the wind picks up and it gets a bit cool at the beach.

Bonus Use - because everyone loves a bonus!
11. Wear it as a fun scarf wrapped around your neck in slightly cooler weather.


What I also love about this gorgeous sarong is the fact that $10 from each Delicious Watermelon Sarong bought from Lyloh Sarongs is donated to the Women of Laos who are raising money to empower vulnerable single mothers in Laos with education and to start their own businesses. Lyloh's aim is to raise $1000 which will help one woman out of poverty. So when you buy one of these sarongs not only are you getting a gorgeous and extremely versatile item of clothing but you are also helping others in need. 
A perfect win-win situation!

Please note this post is not sponsored nor were the sarongs gifted. I just really love them and wanted to share my love of them!

What other uses would you have for this sarong?

xx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram:

 and Facebook:



49 comments:

  1. What a cute sarong! Love it as a skirt and top! I too love watermelon and gee they have been scrummy this season - so sweet and juicy! Yum! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cute sarong! It's such a clever design idea!

      Delete
  2. Oh my it is soooo cute!! Really like it's versatility too.

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used this sarong so much! I love it's versatility!

      Delete
  3. This watermelon sarong is so lovely and summery! I love all the different uses you have come up with for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous sarong. I love it. I think it would make everyone who saw it smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this lovely comment. It has made me smile!

      Delete
  5. Oh my God! I want one! I love what you've done here. You're so creative. I think I'd try to wear it as a dress. It looks so cute. The kids would like to use it to have a picnic on though, I'm sure! #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee "Oh my God! I want one!" was exactly my reaction too when I first laid eyes on a photo of this sarong!

      Delete
  6. What a cool sarong. My daughter has a thing for watermelon and would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh this is the cutest sarong ever! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get lots of use out of it if you do decide to get one! My daughter and I use ours all the time.

      Delete
  8. I can honestly say I never thought I'd want a watermelon sarong. But. That. Is. So. COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love scarves and sarongs for all these reasons. What else would I use it for. An emergency towel when the kids forget theirs, and I have even been know to use it on my dog when we couldn't find a lead :) Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is seriously the cutest sarong I have ever seen. I want one like really badly xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg I love this sarong! You have shown just how versatile it can be too - I'm headed to the website to check them out now for myself and I think they would make great gifts! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh lordy, that would have to be the cutest sarong EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cutest sarong ever, haha :-) I love it. And it has so many purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh it's amazing! And yummy looking. So summer, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ingrid , I love your watermelon sarong. I have the cutest watermelon earrings.

    If you love a bit of fun and live in Sydney would you like to run through the Rocks in Cupid's Undie Run ?
    Seriously - it for Children's Tumour Foundation.
    (Ps I found your blog via Lisa)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous sarong - and you're right, they are so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness this sarong is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I kid you not, I think I just found the perfect present for my better half, he's a watermelon lover. Thanks for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's super cute, and easy to see why you're able to get so much use out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. seriously adorbs, I'd wear that all summer.
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! I've worn it heaps since I bought it!

      Delete
  21. Looks so good i can eat it lol! I love they way you wear it in different ways. Thanks for stopping by to link up:)

    www.tipsyheelz.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Best sarong ever! I love the first photo where you literally look like a slice of watermelon walking around.

    #mondayformoms

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness, this is so cute and I love how you came up with so many uses for it. I could see myself using it for each and every one of these!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahhh...this is the cutest thing I've seen all day!! Must have!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE this!! I want one!!

    You look great!!

    XX,
    EE

    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This sarong is THE greatest find! I'm lovin' it tied up into a tube top. So freaking cute for the summer! x Nicole | www.changeanddress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! This sarong is cute and so versatile!

      Delete
  27. What a beautiful and fun print! Love all the ideas you have for ways to use this pretty sarong.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute and fun sarong! Seeing this made me think.... I cannot believe I'm about to admit this...I haven't had watermelon ALL SUMMER LONG! Thank you for the reminder, I will make sure to make that happen. Also, I need a sarong. :)
    XOXO
    www.mrsaokaworkinprogress.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very cute! I also love watermelon. It's a summer must for me! Thanks for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ah, it's gorgeous! Love the table cloth idea, I think I use my ordinary (and slightly boring compared to this beauty) sarong for most of your other ideas, but never on the table - looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesome uses and a great impactful organization. I had no idea that Sarongs could be worn and styled into shirts too, neat.
    Thanks for linking up to "bloggers Who Have Inspired Me."
    Rachel xo
    Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me link up is now LIVE, link up here

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this and how you can use it as well. I love and am addicted to watermellon in the summer, so why not a watermelon sarong! Would love for you to join us at Turning Heads Tuesday a link up I host weekly
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very cute! Thanks for linking up at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a cute sarong!
    http://www.hiteastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a fun sarong. Thanks for linking up at Who's Wearing What Wednesdays at Pastries, Pumps and Pi!

    ReplyDelete