Monday, 12 January 2015

Last Month's Empties

In the past month I've finished quite a few beauty, skincare and hair care products. Keep reading to see which of these products I've loved and why, which ones I'll be repurchasing and which ones I won't be repurchasing!


Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser - Age Smart Range
This dual action exfoliating creamy cleanser was perfect for my 40+ year old skin. It cleansed my skin effectively & exfoliated the surface dullness away whilst being wonderfully hydrating. After using this product my skin felt ultra clean, soft & smooth and looked brighter, fresher & younger! YAY!!!! This cleanser contains a lactic acid concentrate, vitamin E & rose flower oil. I could see a significant improvement in my skin texture with daily use of this cleanser. It was easy to lather up in my hands and apply to my damp face, massaging it in for 30 seconds. I absolutely loved this product!

I have a couple of cleansers at home that I want to open and use, as I love trying new products and hate wasting them, but when I next purchase a cleanser I will definitely be repurchasing this Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser.

Biore Steam Activated Cleanser
I received this Biore Steam Activated Cleanser in my free skincare gift bag with purchase at Priceline last year when I spent $65 and received over $340 worth of skincare products. I love beauty bargains!

I liked the cool, refreshing, tingling sensation of this cleanser on my skin in the shower. I found this Biore Steam Activated Cleanser to be effective as a cleanser but not hydrating enough for my mature 40+ year old skin. I think this cleanser is more aimed at a younger skin than mine. There was nothing as such wrong with this cleanser but I won't be repurchasing it.

Dr LeWinn's Line Smoothing Complex S8 Instant Line Eraser Serum & 
Dr LeWinn's Line Smoothing Complex S8 Hydrating Day Cream
Read my previous review of these two effective Dr LeWinn's wrinkle warriors here. I can't rave enough about these two products. I absolutely love them and noticed a huge improvement in my skin when I started using them. I have already repurchased them in December 2014. 

The best thing about running out of products in December is that there are often special Christmas gift packs available at cheaper than normal single item prices. I repurchased these products in a gift pack together with a Dr LeWinn's Foaming Cleanser at Priceline for $79.95. Individually these products would have cost me $144.39. As I've said many a time before, I love bargains, especially when it's for some of my all-time favourite products.


Dr LeWinn's Private Formula Puressence Day & Night Fluid
Prior to discovering the Dr LeWinn's Line Smoothing Complex S8 Hydrating Day Cream it was this Dr LeWinn's Puressence Day & Night Fluid that had been my go-to product. I really like this product, it is lightweight, quick absorbing and effectively hydrates my skin. I have repurchased this product a couple of times but won't be repurchasing it this time as I have now started using the other Dr LeWinn's products as stated above as I think my 40+ year old skin needs the extra wrinkle warrior power of the Dr LeWinn's Smoothing Complex S8 products. 

L'Oreal Professionnel Serioxyl Conditioner and Denser Hair Serum
I am participating in a 3 month trial of L'Oreal Professionnel Serioxyl products through the beautyheaven website and am now up to my third month. The products consist of a clarifying shampoo, bodifying conditioner, densifying mousse and denser hair serum. In the last month I have finished 2 bottles of the hair serum and one bottle of conditioner. These products are designed to combat thinning hair. 

The denser hair serum is an everyday scalp solution for denser looking hair. It claims to improve your hair density in just 3 months time by an average 1700+ hairs. 

If readers express an interest I might do a complete review of the Serioxyl range of products once I have finished my trial.



KMS Free Shape Hot Flex Spray
This product definitely falls into the 'love it' category for me. I have already repurchased it for at least the 5th time. It protects my hair from heat damage when I use my GHD hair straightener and helps maintain my hair's style post straightening. I love how my hair feels normal after using it, not crunchy or stiff which is how other hair sprays leave my hair feeling. I will definitely continue to repurchase this product over and over again!

Rimmel London Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner - 063 Eastend Snob
Once again I've already repurchased this product as this colour is one of my everyday lip liner go-to colours. It's a beautiful muted pink/nude 'like my lips but better' colour. It goes on smoothly, helps my lipstick last a lot longer than it otherwise would and prevents any bleeding of my lipstick. I've found this lip liner to have good staying power.

This lip liner has a wind-up mechanism which is convenient to use but in my experience has resulted in the lip liner having a tendency to snap off at the end whilst I'm using it. This unfortunately results in some product wastage which I don't like. However the pros of this lip liner, especially its flattering colour, outweigh this con, so I will continue repurchasing it.

Gucci Envy Perfume
This perfume was given to me as a gift. It was pleasant, easy to wear and I did like it but I won't be replacing it as there are other perfumes such as Chloe and Calvin Klein's Euphoria that I would prefer to purchase first and I also have my favourite perfumes which I do regularly replace such as Issey Miyake and Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy, and my all-time favourite perfume for special occasions, Chanel No.5. 

The fragrance notes in Gucci Envy were hyacinthus, lily of the valley, rose, jasmine, green notes, magnolia, iris, woods and musk.


What products have you used up in the past month?

xx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram:

 and Facebook:






17 comments:

  1. I am seriously hopeless with a beauty regime, nothing has been used up from 2013 as yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to use up my skin care products faster than my makeup products.

      Delete
  2. Great round up of products and mini reviews.
    I love empties' posts. It is like peeking in someone's bathroom cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pink Hornet. Just as well I recently cleaned out my bathroom cabinets! ;)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love the KMS spray.. I've bought it about 5 times as well haha it's amazing! Great empties!
    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be time consuming and expensive testing out products but the feeling when you find something you love it excellent. I love Euphoria perfume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After Kat Shephutt recommended Euphoria on her Instagram account I sniffed it the next time went to the shops. It smells great. It's on my perfume wish list!

      Delete
  5. I have been absolutely loving the Lipliner in Eastend Snob too! I love it for all over the lips as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I sometimes wear the lipliner all over my lips on its own too. Works well.

      Delete
  6. I agree with you about Dr Lewinns. I have used the nail care range for a while and it is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Dr LeWinn's nail care range yet. Based on your recommendation and my love of their other products I suspect I'll like it.

      Delete
  7. It sounds as though I need to get my hands on some of that hot flex spray. Mine gets so dry from the straightening and my swimming. I really need to have a look into what can protect my hair better. Thanks for all of the tips! #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh so many great products here!!! I've been thinking of trying out some Dr LeWinns products - especially for that around the eye area! Thanks for the tips :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am a little too low maintenance and products last forever with me. i will admit i don't even use a moisturiser but have pretty good genes so am grateful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser sounds great!

    ReplyDelete