Monday, 23 February 2015

Yay! Blinc Cosmetics Now In Australia!

Yay! Blinc Cosmetics products are now being sold in Australia! Why does Australia seem to be the last frontier for cosmetics companies I ask? Although to be fair, I must say more and more companies such as Blinc Cosmetics, Sephora and Urban Decay are finally realising Australians love their beauty products too and are slowly making their way to our shores.

Anyway, back to Blinc Cosmetics. Blinc Cosmetics is one of the top cosmetics retailers in the US. Their Amplified Mascara features every year on Sephora's top 10 selling products. They have now been in Australia for 6 months.

This post will review Blinc Cosmetics' Amplified Mascara as well as their Lash Primer.



Blinc Lash Primer
Blinc Lash Primer comes in a cute screw top tin, making the product extremely secure and safe for travel in handbags. This lash primer conditions, strengthens and volumizes your lashes.



I have been applying this lash primer both under my mascara in the mornings and also on its own at night before going to bed as a lash conditioning night treatment.

This primer is enriched with Vitamin E to nourish and protect your lashes.

I've found it has resulted in lengthening my lashes upon application whilst also conditioning and softening them.

The formula is white and upon initial application I felt a little bit like Princess Elsa from Frozen! But it does becomes clearer upon drying and under the mascara it's completely unnoticeable.

You need to allow 30 seconds in between applying each coat of this primer to allow it to dry before applying the next one.

Removal is easy, it comes off with the mascara. If worn alone, it can be washed off with warm water.


Blinc Amplified Mascara
Once again this product comes in a cute screw top tin. The product pictured is the travel sized amplified mascara.


Blinc's Amplified Mascara is an innovative product. It uses the original tube-technology mascara, meaning when applied tiny water resistant tubes are formed onto each lash, amplifying the volume and lengthening each individual eyelash! Once set the tubes don't run, smear, flake or penetrate the skin like traditional oil based paint mascaras.

I hadn't used any tube-technology mascaras before so I was very curious to see how this one worked. I found it applied easily with no problems. It was also easy to layer and apply more than one coat to achieve increased volumizing and especially lengthening.

I  tested the mascara out by wearing it to the gym, whilst going on a long & hot bush walk and also wearing it to work all day. I didn't have any problems with smudging, running or flaking, despite occasionally rubbing my eyes and wiping my face with a towel. The mascara stayed in place perfectly for me. So I agree with Blinc's marketing slogan that this mascara is "life proof".

I was a bit concerned as to whether this mascara would be easy to remove or not but I needn't have worried. It removed surprisingly easily given its great staying power during the day. 

Water alone and pressure alone will not remove this mascara. You need to use a combination of warm water and gentle pressure from either your fingers or a washcloth. This combination results in the tubes simply sliding off your lashes. It's quite amazing how it works.

If you're looking for a "life-proof" mascara or a lash lengthening one I recommend you give this a go. Click HERE to buy this Blinc Mascara from Ry Australia.

To view more of the Blinc Cosmetics range of products you can click HERE.HERE.

What mascara do you use? 
What new cosmetics brands have you discovered recently? 
Are there any other overseas brands you'd love to see in Australia?

xx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram:

 and Facebook:



12 comments:

  1. I've heard of Blinc mascaras before but have yet to try them. The only other "tube" mascara I've tried was from Mirenesse. Remember that one? I'm glad that brands like these are FINALLY available here in Australia - about time! Keen to try the lash primer a try for my short, stumpy lashes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norlin, my lashes are fairly long to begin with. I'd love to hear how you find the lash primer with short lashes.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of Blinc cosmetics or even lash primer but you have got me intrigued. I went to Benefit and got their mascara but haven't had an event to use it at yet. Thanks for the review and giving info about a brand I've never heard before. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Bec. I'd love to hear what you think of the Benefit mascara.

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of Blinc. I'll have to check out their full range. At the moment I'm wearing Napoleon mascara which I got as part of a gift pack. I really like it. All of my makeup is Napoleon actually, but I am looking to move on soon. Time for a change and I go through it too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I was recently sent some samples from Blinc and was rather impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raychael. I love trialling and discovering new brands.

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of Blinc before but I will definitely be checking out that mascara. My Nutrimetics one is almost done and I am going to be needing some new stuff soon.
    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Kylie. I definitely recommend this mascara.

      Delete
  6. I actually received the mascara recently, but have yet to try it! Good to hear it's a great mascara! xx
    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This mascara worked well for me. I look forward to reading your review of this mascara also.

      Delete