Monday, 16 March 2015

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Velvet Meteoric Matte Review

Being 40+ years old I sometimes feel that glossy bright lipsticks can be a bit too much for me to wear comfortably. I tend to think matte bright colours look a lot more flattering. So I was super excited when Rimmel London recently released their new Apocalips Matte Lip Velvet range of lipsticks in Australia. 

The Apocalips Matte Lip Velvet range includes four different shades: 
206 Atomic Rose, a light dusty rose 
307 Meteoric Matte, a gorgeous berry/plum 
405 Orange-ology, a bright tangerine, &
505 Burning Lava, a bright red.

I was lucky to receive my favourite shade, Meteoric Matte, from Coty PR Australia to review for this blog post.




As stated above Meteoric Matte is a gorgeous berry/plum colour. It's close to Pantone's 2015 Colour of the Year, Marsala, so it's definitely an on-trend colour for this autumn and winter. 

Like the original Apocalips these matte lipsticks are a liquid lipstick. It might be a bit hard to see in the photo below but the applicator has a slight indent in it, so it stores quite a bit of product on it. This increase in the amount of product on the applicator made applying the lipstick a little bit trickier than normal, especially given the strong pigmentation of it, but I'm sure I'll get used to it with a bit more practice. To begin with you just need to go slow and take care to avoid mistakes. This is definitely not a lipstick for me to apply quickly on the go.

For trialling purposes I wore this lipstick without lip liner but will definitely be using lip liner with it in the future to prevent any risk of feathering.


My findings after trialling the Meteoric Matte are as follows:
-  Lovely intense pigmentation
-  Gorgeous rich colour
-  Flattering smooth velvet finish
-  Good staying power
-  Leaves a pretty stain on your lips once the colour does eventually wear off
-  Surprisingly moisturising on my lips and not at all dry like some other matte lipsticks I've 
   tried
-  Comfortable to wear!


The Rimmel Apocalips Lip Velvet Matte Lipsticks are available online from Priceline for $15.95 each. If you love a bargain as much as I do then hurry because they currently have a 3 for the price of 2 special offer on these lipsticks.

What is your current favourite lipstick?

xxx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram:

 and Facebook:

18 comments:

  1. This shade looks wonderful on you, Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous shade and one of my favourites from the entire collection! This looks so nice on your lips! xx

    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine :) I do love this colour!

      Delete
  3. Very luscious lips ;) I love that it leaves a stain after it wears off. This is a definite plus for me. I'm still wearing glossies for the main part. I was given a collection of Laura Mercier (spelling) ones for Christmas and love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how a pout makes your lips appear more luscious ;)

      Delete
  4. I really like the look of this. I'm hopeless when it comes to finding a lipstick I like. Especially one that will stay on for more than 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The longest lasting lipstick I've found is the Rimmel London Provocalips. That one lasts the whole day without losing its colour despite any and all eating and drinking!

      Delete
  5. OOOH! That is a lovely vampy colour on you. So on trend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shade and perfect timing for the weekend! (stopping by with #FYBF)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great shade on you! I love the matte effect too. I'm not really a beauty person so hadn't heard of this before, looks like something I'll check out next time I'm in priceline :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I'm currently in search of a deep berry colour too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Grace. If you're after a matte deep berry lipstick it would be worth trying this Apocalips one.

      Delete
  9. I am using mainly lip glosses at the moment. I love this colour though, it would be perfect for bringing some colour into the wintery days that are coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is also my favourite shade from their new matte collection. It looks so lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete