Monday, 27 April 2015

Aceing Your Base Quickly & Easily!

Aceing your base just became so much quicker and easier with Rimmel London's two latest face product releases here in Australia - Rimmel London's BB Radiance Cream & Rimmel London's Lasting Finish 25HR Powder Foundation. Boy that's a mouthful to say and write!


Rimmel London BB Radiance Cream
On the days I work I get up extremely early in the morning and as a result I'm a bit lazy with my makeup on those days. Quite often when the alarm goes off I start doing trade-offs in my head, calculating how much extra time I can stay in bed for leaving out certain steps in my regular morning routine! 

My new makeup saviour which allows me to gain quite a few valuable extra minutes in bed is Rimmel London's BB Radiance Cream. This is a 9-in-1 skin perfecting super makeup product! The 9 benefits it advertises fulfilling include:
1. Primes
2. Smoothes
3. Conceals
4. Helps minimise the appearance of pores5. Provides natural looking coverage
6. Moisturises for 24 hours
7. Awakens tired skin
8. Brightens the skin with vitamin C complex, and 
9. Gives a radiant finish!

This cream also contains SPF20. Bonus! I save more valuable time not having to apply sunscreen as well! Sun protection is such a vital anti-ageing necessity living in Australia.
 
This cream also contains shea butter so not surprisingly I found it moisturises and nourishes my skin really well and results in my skin looking smoother, brighter and, yes, more radiant, making it an aptly named product!


This product felt lightweight to use and did not feel at all heavy on my skin yet it still minimised the appearance of my pores and provided good medium coverage to even out my skin blemishes and dark spots. It gave me a natural and healthy glowing look.It really is a great time saving, multi-tasking product for those of you who don't want to use 9 separate products!

The photos below show me firstly with no makeup on, then with just the Rimmel BB Radiance Cream and finally with the addition of Rimmel's Lasting Finish Powder as well. Apart from these two products I am not wearing any other products, primers concealers, blushes, anything! I have purposefully not used any filter on these photos to try to give you the best indication of how these products look when applied. 
Rimmel BB Radiance Cream comes in three shades: Very Light, Light & Medium. The medium shade is the best match for my skin. It retails for an extremely reasonable $12.95 and is widely available from Priceline, Target, Kmart, Big W, Chemist Warehouse and selected Woolworths and Coles.

Rimmel London's Lasting Finish 25HR Powder Foundation
I used this lightweight powder foundation dry as a finishing powder on top of my BB radiance cream. It further helped to give me an even more flawless and shine-free finish. I chose the dry method of application due to it being a bit speedier than applying it wet. Anything to save a bit more time to stay in bed that extra minute or two! 

This powder foundation can also be used wet and is buildable with adjustable coverage that masks imperfections. Yay! Using it wet gives it a full coverage look as opposed to the light to medium coverage the dry powder offered. I did not find it cakey like some other products.

Using my kabuki brush I found the finely milled, velvety powder applied evenly and smoothly. It did a really good job of keeping my face shine-free all day. I only touched it up once on my nose at the end of the day when I was heading home. Although I must admit I did not test it for 25 hours straight! My days of partying all night and then working the next day are well and truly over! 

This product's packaging includes a mirror inside it which is handy for touch-ups on the go.

Given the great results I experienced with this powder foundation, especially in keeping my face shine-free all day, I am happy to recommend this product to anyone.

Rimmel London's Lasting Finish 25HR Powder Foundation comes in 4 shades: 01 Light Porcelain, 02 Soft Beige, 03 Silky Beige and 05 Warm Honey. Warm Honey was the best match for my skin. It retails for $17.95 and is available at the same above stores as the BB Radiance Cream.


Thank you Coty PR Australia for sending me these products to trial. I will definitely be purchasing both of them once I finish my current trial ones.


How long does applying your morning makeup take you on a typical work day?
Do you have any time-saving makeup shortcuts you're willing to share here?

xxx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram:

 and Facebook:











51 comments:

  1. I always feel so much better when I manage to get my make up done before work. With two little kids it doesn't always happen! #TeamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always such a rush in the mornings when I work! I too feel a lot better having my makeup on before I get to work.

      Delete
  2. I use a Revlon one step product but it doesn't have sunscreen in it so I might just have to try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surpirsed they didn't call this cream a 10-in-1 as with its SPF20 it does the additional function of a sunscreen also!

      Delete
  3. Wow it looks great. I'm very tempted to buy some of the 9 in 1. Slightly off topic, but have you tested any masks recently? I'm looking to give my skin a bit of a treatment with the cooler (Queensland) weather coming in. I'll search your site now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it from just a few months ago :) I even commented on it lol. Thanks!!

      Delete
    2. Since writing that post I've also tried LonVitalite's Coconut mask which is very similar to the Red Wine one but I prefer the coconut scent!

      Delete
  4. They look great! Haha I so know what you mean about making trade offs in the morning. I'm one of those people that couldnt leave the house with foundation, a lick of mascara and a bit of lip gloss - thankfully it's only a 2 minute job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good when you get it down to a 2 minute job! Well done!

      Delete
  5. I don't like leaving the house without BB cream, eye liner and lip gloss. That's my basic routine. I'm impressed with the coverage these have given you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do give good coverage and they definitely fulfill the concealer function.

      Delete
  6. The Rimmel powder sounds lovely! Nothing worse than a cakey powder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rimmel London's Lasting Finish powder is lovely! I'm wearing it again today.

      Delete
  7. Looks great. I'm scrapping the bottom of my cream at the moment and looking for new options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finishing a product and then having the perfect excuse to buy a new product that I may not have tried before.

      Delete
  8. I love Rimmel products and it seems like these are winners :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These two Rimmel products are definite winners for me!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the hot tips. I have always been terrible at applying makeup. These products look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're quick, easy & effective products.

      Delete
  10. Hi Ingrid,
    I will have to try the BB cream and finishing powder from Rimmel as they look really good. I never used a finishing powder before but I know my daughter loves using one. Thanks for the review on these!
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Julie. I find the finishing powder helps keep my makeup in place and my face shine-free all day.

      Delete
  11. I have recently tried both product and like you, fell in love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I try to do make up quick.. it tells me I am still young enough to not need it (actually I do need it I am just too old to realise). It is dark circles under my eyes that kill me... #fybf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I know what you mean Natalie!

      Delete
  13. I love a BB cream. Most days, that's all I wear! Thanks for the photo showing the different layers - interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the ease of wearing BB cream! And this one completes so many different functions.

      Delete
  14. I love a compact with a mirror! Looking lovely lady xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Mirrors are essential in compacts!

      And thanks for the lovely compliment :)

      Delete
  15. The bb cream and powder sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I'm glad the BB cream worked for you! I have a BB cream I wear every day - only on days I go into the office do I bother with 'proper' makeup! But it's only an SPF 15 and not very moisturising, with winter coming up I'll need something more moisturising. I'll need to check this out next time I'm in priceline :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check it out at Priceline and give it a go!

      Delete
  17. I'm a 5 minute girl. I don't have time to waste. But I'm like a super hero at the speed I can apply my products. I have been trying the Rimmel products too. I like the together for longevity. You look gorgeous. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! It's amazing what you can achieve in a small amount of time when you don't have time to waste!

      Delete
  18. Great before and after pics, it gives a really nice looking result!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a nice set of products, I am all about the light and natural looking makeup, might give the Rimmel BB a go.
    Looking at the comments above it seems like I am the slowest person on the planet when it comes to applying makeup - I usually need 15 min in the morning to do the basics (foundation, concealer, powder, blush, highlighter, mascara, brows and lips) :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks perfect. I find that often the products with the built-in sunscreens still don't do the job or are a bit strong for my sensitive skin, but this looks like it does the works. Might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bronnie! It works for me, hopefully it will work for you too!

      Delete
  21. It looks great on you! I've gone off BB Creams a bit just because they didn't provide me with enough coverage, but it has really evened out your skin tone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di. I love BB creams, probably as I tend to be a bit lazy in the early morning! I love my sleep too much to get up earlier! This BB cream does however provide good coverage for my skin.

      Delete
  22. Hi Ingrid! I saw these prods reviewed by a youtuber and they weren't too keen so it's interesting to see your thoughts :) I'll definitely keep my eyes open for these guys- I think Coles has them on special ATM :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess different reviewers are wanting to achieve different things from their BB cream. This BB cream certainly met my needs and more. 'd be interested to read what you think!

      Delete
  23. I am very time poor in the mornings as well, even though I have no choice but to get up at around 6:30 (7am if I'm lucky!) when the kids are up and getting into mischief! I am currently trialing these products as well and also love them! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great products especially if you're time poor!

      Delete
  24. I love BB's. Always go back to Garnier but might have to try this Rimmel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I currently have the Garnier Miracle Cream and Rimmel BB Radiance Cream on rotation!

      Delete
  25. I've been trialling that BB cream and I'm just not sure how I feel about it yet! xx

    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look forward to reading what you think about it!

      Delete