Monday, 20 April 2015

April Fabulous Favourite Finds!

I love trialing new beauty products and this month I feel so lucky to have trialed a variety of brilliant products that I have fallen totally in love with.



Lancome Renergie Multi-Lift Day Cream (Light)
I was lucky to receive a jar of the new Lancome Renergie Multi-Lift Day Cream (Light) from Beautyheaven to trial as part of their Beautyheaven trial team.This cream is perfect for anyone concerned with the early signs of ageing.

This moisturising day cream comes beautifully packaged in a silver box with a gold embossed rose. The cream itself is contained in a luxurious purple and silver glass jar. 

Purple used to be the colour associated with royalty and this cream is definitely luxurious enough to be used by royalty. I can imagine both Princess Mary and the Duchess of Cambridge, applying this cream to their faces each morning.



Lancome Renergie Multi-Lift Day Cream (Light) has a lovely light floral scent and the cream itself has a silky, thick luxurious consistency, pale pink in colour. 

Lancome recommend applying this cream, massaging it outwards and upwards. I found the ritual of this massage each morning to be very relaxing and therapeutic in itself. There is a video of the recommended massaging technique on the Lancome website here.

I found the cream to absorb easily and quickly into my skin and my skin felt smoother, silkier and definitely more hydrated after application.

I love the fact that this cream contains SPF15 which I see as an important anti-ageing inclusion in day creams. This cream is advertised by Lancome as being a "redefining lifting cream, anti-wrinkle, firming and contouring".

Following one month of daily usage I have found my skin to feel smoother and firmer and to look more radiant. My skin also looks "plumper" and as a result some of my fine lines have noticeably diminished.

I absolutely love this cream and will be repurchasing it, which says a lot as this cream is not cheap, at $147 for 50ml, but fortunately a little of it goes a long way.

Beyonce Rise Sheer 
One of my all time favourite beauty products is fragrance! I don't feel fully dressed unless I have a fragrance on. I've been wearing fragrances ever since my much loved Nana gave me a bottle of her favourite fragrance 4711 for my 9th birthday. I remember feeling so grown up and sophisticated when I unwrapped it. Of course my tastes in fragrances have changed and developed somewhat since then! 

As a result I was extremely happy this month to receive a bottle of Beyonce's new limited edition Rise Sheer fragrance from Coty PR Australia.



I love Beyonce! She is a talented, sheer genius in my eyes, who has risen to super star status, constantly reinventing herself and her fragrances. 

Rise Sheer is a limited edition fragrance and part of Beyonce's third fragrance family, Rise. Her first two fragrance families being Heat and Pulse.

Rise Sheer is a lighter, fresher version of Rise. Just like Beyonce herself, Rise Sheer is captivating and alluring! It is a gorgeous, sparkling, floral scent blended with the following notes:

Top notes: Italian Bergamot, Sicilian lemon, iced basil sorbet
Middle notes: Gold symphony orchid, white peony, hydroponic jasmine
Base notes: Blonde woods, sheer musk, white amber.

Not only do I love the scent of Beyonce's Rise Sheer, I also love the elegant gold lidded bottle design. It looks stunning sitting on my mirrored fragrance tray with my other fragrances.

This fragrance lasts up to three hours on my skin after which I need to reapply it. Tip: I often spray a bit on my clothes to make it last longer! 

OPI Hawaii Collection Nail Polishes
This month I've also really been loving these three nail polishes from the OPI Hawaii collection. I wrote a blog post on them here last week so I won't repeat myself too much other than to say the creamy formula of these polishes is excellent. I achieve a completely opaque look with just two coats of these polishes. When applied with a base and top coat these polishes last me for 5 days with no chips. A brilliant result considering how much I use my hands at work and home.



Typo Pink Flamingo Pencil Case Makeup Bag
My last April favourite item is from Typo. I know this is a stationery store and not a beauty store but when I saw this totally gorgeous pink flamingo pencil case I simply had to have it.
As my current makeup bag was worn out and slightly ripped it was definitely time to replace it and what better to replace it with than this pink flamingo Typo pencil case! I love it!


I might have a slight obsession with pink flamingos! I also bought the matching pink flamingo notebook from Typo which I now use for my blogging notes plus I bought a fluffy pink flamingo pen from the $2 shop. 

One can never have enough makeup, fragrances, beauty products OR pink flamingo products! Don't you agree?



Have you discovered any new beauty products recently 
which you've fallen in love with?

xxx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram:

 and Facebook:




39 comments:

  1. I just picked up a gorgeous new OPI - 'Chicago Champagne Toast'. The perfect blend of pink and plum for autumn. Love your new 'makeup' bag. xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out that colour next time I go shopping. It sounds divine!

      Delete
  2. It's always lovely to get new beauty products. I love the Mater Maternity & Baby Care range - their moisturiser is technically for babies but it's brilliant for dry mummy hands too! Thanks for linking with #TeamIBOT today. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying new beauty products! Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's definitely a good quality luxurious day cream! I love it!

      Delete
  4. Ingrid I'm sure I'd love all those products, especially the nail polish though I love that you said you got 5 days out of them, I know the base and top coat help but still 5 days that's great.
    I have a soft spot for fragrance too!
    Have a beautiful week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dannielle! Sounds like we like similar things! :)

      Delete
  5. My daughter loves Flamingos, so I might need to head in and pick up that pencil case and put it away for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your daughter loves flamingoes, she'll love the pencil case!

      Delete
  6. My sister is flamingo mad. She would love these. I love Lancome products too. Unfortunately, Ive just never been able to wear perfume since I first had morning sickness. Hopefully I'll be able to get used to it sometime again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sister and I are kindred spirits in our love of flamingos :)

      Wow! Your morning sickness must have been bad to leave such a longlasting legacy! The price we pay to have our gorgeous children! I hope one day you'll be able to enjoy prefumes again!

      Delete
  7. Flamingos are very on trend at the moment. They are lovely. I like the look of those nail polishes. Such fun colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, flamingos are popping up everywhere which I'm very happy about! Hopefully they won't go off trend too quickly! Lol!

      Delete
  8. I love OPI nailpolishes too - such great colours and coverage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have great colours and coverage don't they :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Ingrid,
    Thanks so much for the lovely visit to my blog and leaving the nice comment on my bb beauty balm stick blog post I did. I love Rimmel London's makeup too. I see that you love makeup and beauty too and I love the OPI nail polishes you have shown. They are perfect for spring and summer. I am now following you on Instagram and Bloglovin. I hope you would like to follow me too I'm Julie's Lifestyle on Bloglovin and on Instagram I'm @brklynhousewife. Take care and thanks again for the lovely visit today. Enjoy the weekend.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I'm now following you back and intend to visit your blog every Monday for your Monday Makeup blog post.

      Delete
  10. I love the flamingo case, such an awesome way to get a unique make-up case!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The new OPI colours are gorgeous aren't they Ingrid? I have one of those "makeup bags" from Typo too, the one with a deer on it. Anything from Typo gets me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike Lisa! Typo pencil cases make fabulous makeup bags!

      Delete
  12. Loving those flamingos and OPI come through with the good again I see. Always love their colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen an OPI I wouldn't be happy to wear!

      Delete
  13. I don't think I've meet an OPI nail polish I haven't liked! Love those Hawaiian colours. Genius idea using the bag from Typo. I need a new make up bag so I'll be heading there to get one - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen an OPI shade I haven't liked either Tash!

      Delete
  14. The flamingo makeup bag is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything with flamingos on it is cute in my eyes!

      Delete
  15. Those OPI polishes are soo gorgeous. I think I will have to pick myself up some of those to help with the winter blues ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These OPI Hawaii colours are definitely helping me brighten up the current Sydney wet, cold and grey days!

      Delete
  16. I love trying out new skin creams! Heck, I guess I love trying out all beauty products! lol I'm loving the pastel nail colours these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our love of trying out new beauty products make us perfect beauty bloggers ;)

      Delete
  17. I am loving your blog and hearing about all your wonderful finds. The Lancôme cream sounds amazing and I'm looking for a great day cream - thanks so much for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MammaRajSays! Your lovely comment has made my day :)

      Delete
  18. Oh my gosh I love the makeup case! Too cute! xx

    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to try that Beyonce Sheer perfume, it sounds delightful! I have a different one of hers (the name escapes me right now) in a light blue bottle which is lovely too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be Beyonce Pulse, another fragrance I love!

      Delete
  20. I am out of fragrance and you've reminded me of a thing I used to do when I was younger, and that is keep one of those paper swatches you spray perfume on in my handbag. I used to always have a great smelling handbag! Must get down to my local fragrance counter and get me one! Maybe some Beyoncé Rise! :)

    ReplyDelete