Monday, 6 April 2015

Beauty Heaven Beauty Degustation Event

I feel so lucky and grateful to have been invited to beautyheaven's latest Beauty Degustation event at their HQ in Rozelle at the end of March. 

The definition of "degustation" is to trial something carefully so as to appreciate it fully, and at this fabulous beautyheaven beauty degustation event there was definitely a lot of trialing and appreciating of new beauty products!


About 20 beautyheaven members attended and we were divided up into 4 small groups to rotate around 4 different beauty stations. The beauty stations included Colgate Optic White, Garnier Miracle Cream, Physiogel Skin Care and Claire Murray naturopathy.

The first beauty station I visited was the Colgate Optic White, teeth whitening information station. This station was manned by both a Colgate representative and also by a dentist, Dr Sue.

Teeth whitening is something I have been considering for quite a while now but what has always held me back has been the niggling doubt in the back of my mind as to whether teeth whitening would weaken or damage my teeth in the process. Having Dr Sue present to answer all my questions totally allayed my fears, as did the fact that Colgate is such a reputable company. Dr Sue advised me that Colgate Optic White Express is a totally enamel safe teeth whitening product. Yay!


Dr Sue advised that using Colgate Optic White Express White products could whiten your teeth by 3 shades over 4 weeks of regular use. The following photo shows the colour guide of teeth shades. 



Below is a photo of the contents of the goody bag I received from Colgate Optic White. I'm really excited about trialing these products over the next 4 weeks to hopefully achieve 3 shades whiter teeth! Look out for a review in about 5-6 weeks time with photos to see how these products worked on my teeth!




The second beauty station I visited was the Garnier Miracle Room station. At this station the new Garnier Miracle Skin Cream (Day) and Miracle Skin Cream (Eye) were introduced to us.


Garnier Miracle Creams are really amazing. They comes out of the tube white but when applied to your face they transform to match the colour of your skin and to even it out! They work like a primer, a moisturiser, an anti-ageing cream and also as a light makeup base.
They're numerous products rolled into one, they're really a lazy girl's dream products!

One of the biggest beauty concerns of women, myself included, is the effects of ageing on our skin. These Garnier Skin Cream products contain 7 anti-ageing actives plus SPF15.

As a result these products claim to have both instant effects of smoothing, evening out and illuminating the skin plus lasting long term effects of reducing wrinkles, dark spots and pores!

This sounds perfect for my 40+ year old skin. I will let you know the results of my trialing of these products and whether they live up to their claims or not! Fingers crossed they do! The instant effects to date are promising to say the least!

Here's a photo of the contents of the goody bag I received from Garnier with the products I will be trialing over the next couple of weeks.


The third beauty station I visited was the Physiogel skincare consultation station. Physiogel is a relatively new brand to Australia and no, it's products are not similar to Dencorub, as their name might suggest, but are actually hypoallergenic skincare products, formulated to protect and repair dry, sensitive skin.


At this station we all had an individual skincare consultation with the Physiogel professionals to determine which of Physiogel's 2 skincare ranges suited us best:
       i) Calming Relief (red) range designed for dry, irritated and sensitive skin, perfect for                 those with eczema or dermatitis, or
       ii) Daily Moisture Therapy (blue) range designed for dry, sensitive skin.


The Daily Moisture Therapy range was found to be more suitable for my skin type and I received the full sized Daily Moisture Therapy Cream, Lotion and Body Wash in my goody bag pictured below to trial over the next couple of weeks.

I also received a sample pack of the Calming Relief Cream and Lotion which I will pass onto my niece who suffers from eczema.


The fourth beauty station we visited was hosted by naturopath Claire Murray. Claire was advocating a holistic approach to our diet with the aim of healing our skin and treating it from the inside out.


Skin is the body's largest organ and anything that affects our digestive system also affects our skin Claire advised.

Claire reminded us of the importance of balancing our diets by eating more of the "good" foods for our skin such as greens and good fats, for example, avocados and nuts, and eating less of the foods that are potentially damaging to our skins, such as processed foods, refined sugar which can cause premature ageing (no thanks!!!), and dairy. 

She then made us a smoothie full of all the good stuff!!! Here's her recipe for a glow-boosting skin smoothie!


Claire's Glow-Boosting Skin Smoothie
Ingredients:
1-2 cups nut milk/coconut water
1/2 avocado
1 heaped teaspoon chia seeds
1 handful baby spinach leaves
1 dessert spoon coconut butter/oil
1 chopped frozen banana

Optional Extras:
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon greens powder
1 teaspoon honey

Method:
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender, blitz until well combined.
2. Drink and enjoy daily to promote your skin's glow!

For more information and advice from Claire about unearthing your glow and restoring radiance see her website www.clairesholisticpursuits.com. This website also contains a free skin healing e-book she has written.

Thank you beautyheaven for an amazing fun-filled and informative afternoon of learning about and trying new beauty products and talking beauty with other beautyheaven members. I had an absolutely fabulous and fun time! Thank you to all the companies involved for the great goody bags. Much appreciated!

Have you tried any new beauty products recently?

xxx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram:

 and Facebook:



33 comments:

  1. OMG - a beauty degustation sounds fabulous! I am a fan of pampering! Pampering of ANY kind! Must say I have been impressed with Garnier of late. I'm using one of their BB creams and it is fabulous and so affordable! Must give that Skin Glow recipe a go! I could always do with more glow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! All pampering is good pampering!

      Delete
  2. What a great event to go to Ingrid. I'd love to see how the Colgate products work for you. I have wanted to whiten my teeth too but I've always wondered what it does to the enamel. As for that green smoothie recipe, thank you for sharing. I definitely don't want to age faster than normal! I knew avocado was good for your skin. Love that it's in a smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Bec. I'll be writing a review of the Colgate products in 4-5 weeks time. I'm curious myself as to how well they will work. Fingers crossed my teeth will become three shades whiter!

      Delete
  3. What a fun day! I have just bought the new Miracle cream but have not tried it yet, looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be interested to read what you think of it. I think it's great, potentially replacing several other products in my beauty routine on some days. It's the perfect "lazy girl" or "busy girl" cream!

      Delete
  4. My goodness this looks awesome! I've never been to a food degustation, it's on my to-do list but a beauty one? WOW. There are so many products out there and I know about none of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was definitely a fantastic way to trial a number of new products!

      Delete
  5. A beauty degustation? Holy shitballs that sounds like pure heaven. I havent tried anything new lately... I think I need to change that and get a little more adventurous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautyheaven indeed! Hehe! Definitely a very apt name!

      Delete
  6. What a great event! You're so lucky. I can't wait for your teeth whitening post. I have often thought about it too and have also worried that it would weaken my teeth. I also don't want to come out the end of it blinding people with my smile. I love Garnier too. I couldn't live without their milky cleanser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were advised you only get the blindingly white smile with teeth veneers unfortunately. 3 shades whiter will be quite a subtle change but I'm taking photos so I'll be able to show you the exact difference.

      Delete
  7. What a great idea - I love a food degustation, so this would be right up my alley :)
    I'll defintiely be interested to see how the teeth whitening goes, as I have terrible tea stained teeth, to the point I hate smiling!

    Hello from #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Don't stop smiling for any reason RedDirtCaveGirl! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

      Delete
  8. This looks like so much fun. I have commitment issues so I am a big fan of degustations, because I can enjoy a little bit of everything. I'd love to know how you go with the Garnier Miracle range because I've heard so many good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garnier Miracle Skin Cream is the perfect "lazy girl" or "busy girl" cream, it's perfect for early mornings when you don't have much time as you can use this one product instead of numerous other products. It works well for me.

      Delete
  9. What an awesome event. That smoothie sounds sensational x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know that what you are drinking is benefiting you from the inside out!

      Delete
  10. Wow that must of been a great day, a real experience. I really need to take better care of myself and put more of an effort into my beauty regime. It will be interesting to see how the teeth whitening goes.

    Thanks for sharing your experience.

    Over from #SITSblogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Kate. I have my fingers crossed re the teeth whitening!

      Delete
  11. This sounds like an awesome event, and I can't wait to hear what you think of the teeth whitening and Miracle line.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow that sounds like a great event to be part of! And look at all of those goodies you got! I hope you have lots of fun trying them and you get the results you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beauty degustation sounds amazing!! I have to try that garnier miracle cream!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth trying! Can save a lot of time and the need for other products!

      Delete
  14. Seems like we keep on missing each other at BH Degustation events - I didn't attend this one as I was in Perth but I've been to 2 or 3 of them already and they are always fantastic. Can't wait for the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we will both be invited to the next one and meet then!

      Delete
  15. Oooh, that skin smoothie sounds absolutely delish! Will have to try it out. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Grace! Let me know what you think of the smoothie!

      Delete
  16. Lucky you, looks like an awesome event! Love big pearly whites so you will have to share how the teeth whitening goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! Fingers crossed my teeth do go three shades lighter!

      Delete
  17. How I would love one of those goodie bags! I really should get into healthy smoothies. I say that as I drink a hot chocolate with scotch finger biscuits.

    ReplyDelete