Monday, 4 May 2015

Recent Empties + MOR & Ted Baker Limited Edition Luxury Soap

In the past couple of weeks I have finished quite a few beauty products. Keep reading to see which products I've finished, which of these products I've loved and why, which of these I will repurchase and which I definitely won't be repurchasing!



Chanel No.5
Chanel No.5 is my all time favourite fragrance! Knowing my bottle was almost finished for a while, I've been using it very sparingly trying to make it last longer but alas my bottle is now completely empty! 

Luckily it is a refillable bottle and I will definitely be purchasing a refill for it! Much as I love discovering and trying new fragrances, Chanel No.5 is one fragrance I will always repurchase! I absolutely love it! 

Subtle Energies Rose & Cardamon Hand Cream (Sachet)
This Subtle Energies hand cream is one of the most effective hand creams I have ever tried. It is a luxurious, rich cream which absorbs well and left my hands feeling soft, nourished, hydrated and rejuvenated BUT unfortunately cardamon is not one of my favourite scents! I tried to love this cream, I really did, firstly because it felt so beautifully luxurious, secondly because it's so effective, and thirdly because a while ago I won a full sized tube of it but unfortunately I couldn't! I just don't like the scent of cardamon!

It was lucky I opened my sample of this hand cream and not my full sized tube. My loss will now be my mum's gain. I will be adding my full size tube of this hand cream into my mum's pamper hamper that I have put together for her this mother's day. Unlike me she does not have an aversion to the scent of cardamon. 

Natio Lavender And Rosemary Hand And Nail Cream
This was a beautifully scented hand cream. It was non greasy, absorbed well into my skin and left my hands feeling soft, smooth and supple. I liked the fact that this product also helped strengthen my nails.

It is well priced at $9.95 and I will possibly repurchase this product again in the future once I finish the additional 3 or 4  hand creams I have stocked up and waiting in my bathroom cupboard. I swear hand creams seem to magically multiply in my bathroom cupboard!  

MOR Emporium Classics Snow Gardenia Triple-Milled Soap
I received the divine gardenia scented triple-milled soap in the Autumn Edit of Marie Claire's The Parcel subscription box. Talk about a luxurious soap!  It smelt so amazing I confess that I actually wandered into the bathroom quite a few times for no other reason than to sniff this soap! Unlike a lot of soaps it was also very nourishing and hydrating, and not at all drying, thanks to its inclusion of shea butter, vitamin E and sweet almond oil.



Would I repurchase this soap? Definitely! It added such an indulgent touch of luxury to my bathroom. But before repurchasing I will use my MOR and Ted Baker Limited Edition Cucumber & Casaba Pretty Trees, equally exquisitely scented, triple-milled soap bar which I kindly received from MOR to review. Have a look at how pretty the packaging of this soap is! It features a signature Ted Baker "Pretty Trees" motif & includes an embossed harlequin pattern with the MOR logo which is a bit hard to spot on my photo below. The gold screen printed satin-like pink ribbon adds the perfect finishing touch!




This is a vegetable based triple milled soap and provides a luxuriant lather. Like the Snow Gardenia soap it also contains shea butter and vitamin E making it very moisturising.

The fragrance of this soap is once again amazing! It's a soft uplifting scent combining melon, white jasmine and rose petals, with undertones of beige woods and white musk.

This exclusive triple-milled soap is open to Ted Baker customers who spend $275 or more in store from 27 April to 11 May 2015.

Sukin Sensitive Cleansing Gel
This cleansing gel was a very gentle yet effective purifying cleanser. I did find it a bit bland however. It would be perfect for people with sensitive skin, which my skin is not. As a result, although there is nothing wrong with this cleanser as such, I would probably not repurchase it. I also have several other cleansers at home waiting to be opened.

Puretopia Smooth & Renew Gentle Exfoliating Face Scrub
I received this product in Priceline's skincare goodie bag last year and I loved it! I've recently been using it in the shower twice a week. The particles in this scrub are fairly fine and were gentle yet effective in scrubbing away my dead skin cells. My skin was left feeling thoroughly clean, soft, renewed and smooth after use. It also looked more radiant, healthier and thus more youthful! Always a plus at my age! I will be repurchasing this product.

LonVitalite C3 Red Wine Collagen Firming & Moisturising Facial Mask & 
LonVitalite C4 Coconut Milk Hydrating & Nourishing Facial Mask
In the past couple of weeks I've used up the last of my LonVitalite facial masks. These hydrating and anti-ageing masks are perfect for my 40+ year old skin. They are easy, convenient and relaxing to use and more importantly they result in my skin looking more radiant and refreshed, and feeling softer, smoother, firmer and more hydrated than before. 

If you want to read more details about the anti-ageing C3 Red Wine facial mask I have previously reviewed it here. The C4 Coconut Milk mask is very similar. If anything, I love the scent of the coconut mask even more than the red wine mask. It brings memories of tropical island summer holidays flooding back to me. 

I highly recommend both of these facial masks. I will definitely be repurchasing LonVitalite's facial masks to pamper myself with.

You can click HERE to purchase these masks from Ry Australia.




Swisspers Make-up Pads
These makeup pads were highly absorbent and soft. They were perfect to use for removing my makeup and nail polish and didn't break apart or leave any annoying fibres behind. Having said that I'm not really particular about which brand of makeup pads I use. I normally buy the first brand I happen to see or any brand which is on special unless I have had a specific problem with that brand.

Swisspers Original Facial Cleansing Wipes (Sample Pack)
I received this sample pack of 5 facial wipes in Priceline's skincare goodie bag last year. 
These wipes smelt pleasant and were well moistened. They were effective in removing all traces of my makeup and were convenient to carry in my handbag. At home I don't usually use facial wipes but these would definitely be convenient when travelling. I will probably purchase a travel sized pack for this purpose in the future.

Aveda Lip Tint in Peony
I loved wearing this lip tint. Peony is a lovely natural looking shimmery pink colour.I'm definitely planning on repurchasing this lip product.

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Fig
I loved wearing this lip shimmer on my lips when I didn't have a full face of makeup on. It's 100% natural and extremely moisturising, preventing my lips from drying out and adds a hint of berry colour to my lips. Thanks to its inclusion of peppermint oil it gave a lovely slight cooling and tingling sensation to my lips when I wore it. I have already repurchased this product.

What products have you finished recently?

xxx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram:

 and Facebook:

47 comments:

  1. I LOVE MOR and you can't go past Chanel No 5 as a classic. Thanks for linking with #TeamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOR & Chanel No 5 both add a little touch of luxury to my life! I love them both!

      Delete
  2. Great empties!! I adore MOR, Natio, Sukin & Puretopia products! Looks like we have the same taste in lots of products! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candice! Great products are easy to love! :)

      Delete
  3. Well, that's an impressive list of empties you got through. Great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of these empties such as the Chanel No.5 I was sad to get to the bottom of!

      Delete
  4. I still haven't bought that mask and I tell you what I need it now more than ever! My mum is a huge chanel no 5 fan. Whenever I smell it, I think of her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go and buy a mask. Priceline and Sephora have loads of different brands and styles of masks to choose from. Treating yourself with a face mask is such a good excuse to have an hour of relaxation time. Once my mask goes on the kids know not to ask me for anything! I think that's why I tend to leave masks on for longer than required! They're such a great way for me to de-stress!

      Delete
  5. Mor products are absolutely gorgeous, the soaps feel so luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOR soaps do feel luxurious and I love their scents.

      Delete
  6. I seem to always run out of everything all at once! I'm out of moisturiser and keep forgetting to restock! Love Chanel too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, sometimes I go for ages without finishing any products but then they all run out at once! Definitely restock your moisturiser before the dehydrating colder weather really sets in.

      Delete
  7. A red wine facial mask! That sounds interesting. I've never owned a bottle of Chanel No.5 but of course I want one. Its scent is THE most delicious of perfumes. I always recognise it if someone's wearing it. I just can't justify the cost. If I was wealthy it would be a different story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh all the perfumes I'd own and use with abandon if I were wealthy! I use my bottle of Chanel No.5 very sparingly so it lasts a long time for me. It's my special occasion perfume :)

      Delete
  8. I'm a huge fan of Chanel No 5 too and love how you can get a refillable bottle. I'm almost out of my favourite Napolean Lip Gloss which has now been discontinued - devastated :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so devastating when your favourite shades are discontinued especially when you have no prior warning and can't stock up beforehand!

      Delete
  9. I love collecting quality soaps. Even when I travel, that's what I choose to bring home with me. I like Paris perfume. Haven't sniffed Chanel in years but must try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We used to have a neighbor with the gardenia bush--the smell is so lovely. It would be great to use that floral-scented soap.

    I've used the lip shimmer before. When they first came out, I think I got three or four versions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In our previous home we had gardenias growing near our entrance too which used to be so fragrant!

      Delete
  11. I usually use shower gel but you've tempted me with the Mor soap. I love items with a good fragrance. It makes the whole bathroom routine so much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOR soap makes the whole bathroom smell beautifully!

      Delete
  12. My sister started working at Clear Skin lazor clinic and she got me onto using this BTX sirum and it is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to remember that one! I'm not familiar with it.

      Delete
  13. MOR products are definitely lush. Also love the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely both great products!

      Delete
  14. Im going to have to buy some MOR soaps! They sound beautiful! Ive heard they do a marshmallow scent, I'll have to check my local Myer when I'm in store! Agree re the Swisspers pads, they're my favourite too! I bought no name pads for years but I'm completely hooked since 'turning Swissper'. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you're right, the packaging is amazing on the MOR Ted Baker soap, So pretty! I love the Puretopia Exfoliating Face Scrub too, currently using one now. It's so good, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The MOR Ted Baker soap is almost too pretty to open!

      I'm definitely repurchasing the Puretopia Exfoliating Face Scrub!

      Delete
  16. What a great list for inspiration to do some retail therapy! Love it. What have I finished recently.....MOR hand cream actually. I love it and with breastfeeding for some reason my hands are getting really dry and I find that it makes them feel so silky and lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably washing your hands more than usual when breastfeeding and also after nappy changes. I noticed my hands were dryer when my kids were babies too! Doesn't the MOR hand cream smell divine as well! Is it the Marshmallow one you have?

      Delete
  17. I definitely need more MOR in my life... sorry REALLY bad pun lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes puns are just unavoidable! Hehe!

      Delete
  18. Wow you have so many empties!!! Good job for getting through them all! I also love the puretopia exfoliating scrub :) So affordable too. I've been wanting to try the Lonvitalite masks for ages! They sounds so amazing.

    Great post! I love reading about empties :) Thanks for the fun link up party!

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I love it when great products like the Puretopia exfoliating scrub are also affordable!

      Welcome to the link up! I'm glad you've joined in.

      Delete
  19. Mor products are just so luxurious! And as for chanel perfume, every woman should indulge in a bottle :) I also find natio great and it's also a great price point. Love this post, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for lovely comment and for visiting my blog Kellie!

      Delete
  20. Oh my gosh that Ted Baker soap packaging is sooo pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's one of those products I almost can't bear to unwrap and use!

      Delete
  21. I love Naito products! So reasonably priced but great quality. Will have to try out this hand cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to read what you thought about it if you do try it.

      Delete
    2. I'd love to read what you thought about it if you do try it.

      Delete
  22. I do so love finding out what other gals love, and your list is pretty darn impressive hon ♥ Going a bit MOR mad myself lately - love their products

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you'd love MOR products! They smell divine don't they!

      Delete
  23. Thank you for inviting me to your link party. I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams, starts on Fridays at 9AM eastern time and runs until Wednesday night. :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.

    ReplyDelete

  24. This is really a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete