Monday, 8 June 2015

Introducing Your Teenager to Skin Cleansing & Exfoliation

 As I opened the mystery parcel I could feel my daughter's eyes on me watching to see what goodies I was about to pull out and reveal! When she spotted the pink Clearasil Daily Clear Superfruits Refreshing Wash & Scrub she gave a little squeal declaring one of her best friends had just started using these products and could she pleeeeeease use them as well!

I was happy that my daughter was interested in cleansing her face and these products are definitely suitable for her 15 year old skin! Clearasil is such a trusted skin care brand, perfect for the changing needs of teenage skin.

So after a quick bit of negotiation, because I'm a mum after all, and I needed something to bribe cajole my daughter into cleaning her room, I agreed to let her have these products after I had photographed them and tried them first myself for the blog AND providing she cleaned her room TODAY! 

So please excuse the strawberries in the photos below. I am aware that these Clearsil products contain raspberry and cranberry extracts and not strawberry extracts, but strawberries were the closest superfruit I could find in our fridge that day!


Clearasil Superfruits Refreshing Wash & Scrub 

Clearasil Daily Clear Superfruits Refreshing Wash ($10.99)

Clearasil Superfruits Refreshing Wash

Clearasil Daily Clear Superfruits Refreshing Wash comes in a clear 150ml pump action bottle. It has a sweet, berry scent that my daughter loves!

As mentioned above it contains raspberry and cranberry extracts and is designed to be gentle enough to be used on your skin daily, keeping it hydrated and looking radiant. It also contains one percent salicylic acid.

One pump of this wash is enough to use on your face. I found it lathered up well with water. It felt gentle on my skin, cleaning it thoroughly but not stripping it of its natural oils. 

My daughter has been using this facial cleanser daily for over a fortnight now and loves it. She says her skin is clearer now than it used to be. Her two brothers have started asking questions about this wash also and I suspect I will be buying it on a regular basis for all three of them to use. I'm happy about this as I want them all to have good skin care regimes right from the start.

Clearasil Daily Clear Superfruits Refreshing Scrub ($10.99)


Clearasil Superfruits Refreshing Scrub

Clearasil Daily Clear Superfruits Refreshing Scrub comes in a 150ml flip top tube. Like the wash it has a fresh, sweet, berry scent that my daughter totally loves!

Once again it contains raspberry & cranberry extracts, known for their antioxidant properties, and also Vitamin B3 to protect the skin's barrier. It also contains one percent salicylic acid to fight existing blemishes and prevent future breakouts.

This superfruits cleansing scrub is pale pink in colour and thick in consistency. It is thus easy to dispense into your hands and massage onto your face. Perfect for first time skincare scrub users such as my daughter.

The exfoliating granules are a darker pink colour and quite small, resulting in a gentle exfoliation of the skin and unblocking of pores for a smoother complexion. 

After use my skin felt super clean but not stripped of its natural oils at all.

Although the tube recommends using this scrub everyday, both in the morning and evening, to keep your skin clear I've encouraged my daughter to start off using this scrub twice a week initially. We have built it into her cleansing routine in the shower each time after she washes her hair twice a week. For now this routine and frequency combined with the daily use of the Clearasil Daily Clear Superfruits Refreshing Wash seems to be working well for her teenage skin.

If my daughter's skin condition changes I will consult the Clearasil skin care guide on their website to determine what the best Clearasil washes, scrubs and other products are for her skin.


At what age have you or would you introduce your daughter to a skin care regime? What skin care products would you recommend to a teenager?

xxx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram:

 and Facebook:

48 comments:

  1. My 12 year old has problem skin so we started on a cleansing routing about a year ago. She's pretty forgetful with it but she's getting there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all a learning curve for teens! It's so good to get them off to a good start early.

      Delete
  2. This post brought back memories when I used clearasil as a teen for my problem skin. So glad your daughter enjoys using it. It posts their confidence when they know they are taking care of their skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great confidence booster! I think she feels very grown up using it also!

      Delete
  3. I started a skin care routine of sorts when I was 12 years old, so if I ever have kids full stop/had a daughter, I'd probably introduce it to her then. I guess I'd be guided by how early puberty begins for her & what her skin needs; but I think 12 might be a good place to start, even if they're forgetful like I was (and still am to a certain extent).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved to have started my daughter off with a skincare regime at 12 but she had zero interest in it at that age!

      Delete
  4. Love this scrub! I didn't properly get into a skincare routine until I was 18!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the scrub too and think I will be sharing it with my daughter!

      Delete
  5. Both my kids developed acne at around 15, we found Proactiv did the trick but be warned - that stuff bleaches towels! It worries me a bit what it does to their faces - but they both loved it.

    Visiting from #teamIBOT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That sounds a bit scary, bleaching your towels! But it obviously worked well or they would have stopped using it!

      Delete
  6. I'm planning on having some mother/daughter skin care bonding time this weekend. I'll have to check out the range.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This product sounds lovely, definitely something I would enjoy using. I used Neutrogena face washes as a teen, really loved them and they come at a decent price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great she's so excited about skin care. The product looks awesome and I bet it smells delish. It's so important to start looking after your skin from a young age. I'm glad my mother made me use moisturiser from a young age :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the sweet scent is a large part of the appeal for my daughter!

      Delete
  9. My son is 7 and I'm not even sure when I should start him on a basic skincare routine. He's probably a bit young still. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di! It's an interesting question when to start boys on skincare routines. My oldest two children are girl/boy twins which is why I spoke with my son about skincare at the same time as I spoke with my daughter. It will be interesting when I introduce my youngest son to skincare. I think I will wait until he hits puberty.

      Delete
  10. Looks fabulous. I have three teen girls (14, 15 & 17) and all have different skin types. I'm trying to find a foaming cleanser and a scrub that might suit all of them, to make things easier. This looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely easier to have one set of products rather than three!

      Delete
  11. My daughter is only 9, but has started mixing up her own skin-care potions based on You Tube teen beauty 'experts'. Yeesh, the good with the bad, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some kids seem interested in skin care so much earlier than others.

      Delete
  12. I love finding new skin care products, especially when they smell good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love well scented skincare products!

      Delete
  13. Skin care is one of those things we tend to neglect teaching to our children. But it's nice to see that brands like Clearasil are helping teenagers more aware. Teenage skin can bring lots of angst. I remember...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's enough angst during the teenage years already, if we can prevent the skin related angst, all the better!

      Delete
  14. What a trip down Memory Lane. I used to use Clearasil on my problem skin when I was a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's great your daughter has shown interest in her skincare routine! My teenage boys could care less, though I am always having them try the skin care that I get sent for the blog! My daughter is only 9, but I hope she will be a little more careful about washing consistently and taking good care of her skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your teenage sons may become more interested if their skin starts having breakouts due to teenage hormonal changes.

      Delete
  16. I think I'd enjoy this. I find that skin care products with strawberries in the ingredients really help my acne prone skin, even at 40+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how you think acne should be a teenage only problem but at 40+ we still have bouts of it! You should try this product, I must admit I have been using it as well!

      Delete
  17. I have a 15 year old girl too! She would go wild for these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent & the packaging is very appealing for this age group!

      Delete
  18. Good move getting your daughter to clean her room before letting her have the products. I'd do the same thing! lol I agree it's good to get them looking after their skin from a young age! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I need to utilise every trick in the "mum manual" to get her to clean her room! ;) Don't tell her but even if she hadn't cleaned her room I would have still given her these products to use as I've been wanting to get her into a good quality skin care cleansing routine for a while now!

      Delete
  19. Bribe/cajoe/coerce just a few of my favourite 'Mum' words lol :) These products sound really nice! I'll keep them in mind for a few people I know have similar skin issues- nice that Clearasil is an accessible, well priced brand. Thank you, as always, for hosting and allowing me to join in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As mums our bribing, cajoling & coercing skills definitely become highly developed! Hehe!

      Delete
  20. Both my teens cleanse and moisturise daily ... Lucky me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have been a good role model for them!

      Delete
  21. I remember Clearasil from when I was a teenager! These products sound great, I am tempted to buy them for my own skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These products work just as well on my more mature skin as my daughter's teenager skin!

      Delete
  22. These products sound great!! I love the pictures you took with the strawberries, :)

    Southern Glamourista

    ReplyDelete
  23. I introduced skin care to my son at age 13 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 13 sounds like an ideal age for introducing skincare!

      Delete