Monday, 1 June 2015

Rimmel Oh My Gloss! Swatches and Review.

Oh My Gloss! I am absolutely loving these new Rimmel London Oh My Gloss! lip glosses! 

Oh My Gloss! lip glosses are lustrous and hi-gloss yet lightweight and comfortable to wear. It's probably the addition of Argan Oil and Vitamin E in their formula which makes my lips feel so nourished and moisturised whilst wearing them and not at all dry.

Unlike most of my other lip glosses these ones have the added benefit of being non sticky! Perfect for wearing in winter's dehydrating windy weather when I'm standing on the sidelines cheering on my son in soccer (sorry but I don't think I'll ever get used to calling it football).

There are 8 succulent shades of pink, red, mauve, nude and clear Rimmel Oh My Gloss! lip gloss available in Australia. I was lucky to receive 4 of these shades to trial.


The Rimmel Oh My Gloss! shades I trialed are from top to bottom:
  • 520 Rebel Red
  • 330 Snog
  • 130 Purrr...Glossy Cat
  • 800 Crystal Clear.
My favourite shade to date is Snog, a beautiful berry colour, perfect for the current winter season! Rebel Red is a close second! Although I do also love adding the Crystal Clear lip gloss over the top of my regular lipsticks. Who am I kidding, I love them all and want to buy the rest of the collection too, to complete my set!

Rimmel advises these lip glosses last for up to 6 hours on your lips however I've found I usually have to reapply them after about three hours when I've had something to eat and drink. At this stage the gloss is usually worn off my lips, although there is a remaining subtle stain of colour. This doesn't really worry me as it is so easy to reapply this lip gloss on the go with the applicator wand provided.


The foam tipped applicator wand is easy to use, providing just the right amount of lip gloss to coat my lips. The Oh My Gloss! lip gloss glides onto my lips smoothly and easily. It has a pleasant vanilla like scent. 

It feels so comfortable wearing this lip gloss. It really is a nourishing and hydrating formula, perfect for my mature 40+ year old lips!


Below are swatches of the three coloured Oh My Gloss! lip glosses I trialed. 


I love these lip glosses and have been wearing them either on their own or the clear gloss on top of my regular lipstick every day since receiving them. I definitely recommend them.

Rimmel London Oh My Gloss! lip glosses are available for $13.95 RRP each. 

Click HERE to buy these Rimmel London Oh My Gloss! lip glosses from Priceline.


All 8 Shades of Rimmel London Oh My Gloss!
Image Credit: Rimmel London Au

Do you wear lip glosses? Or do you prefer wearing lipsticks? 
Or do you do what I sometimes do & wear both together?

Priceline

xxx
Ingrid

You can also find me on Instagram:

 and Facebook:

64 comments:

  1. They're great colours! Like lots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The range includes colours to please eveyone!

      Delete
  2. Lovely colors! I love wearing lipstick and lip gloss :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely colours and such a great colour range also.

      Delete
  3. These all look really nice on you Ingrid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the purr colour, cute name too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty colour! So many makeup brands have the cutest names for their products! I'd love the job of coming up with these names!

      Delete
  5. I haven't been tempted by a lip gloss in a long time..well, until now!! LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wear a combination of lipstick and lip gloss!

      Delete
  6. While I've really been getting into my lipsticks, I'm starting to miss the glossy sheen of these babies! They look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love a glam gloss and these look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the blog party - it is fun to meet new people and
    I love learning about new products.
    All the best, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally welcome Mimi! All the best to you too!

      Delete
  9. Love these, I received a couple of shades to try myself and they are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad your loving them too Raychael!

      Delete
  10. I loved snog and Rebel Red. I've been impressed with how they've felt on my lips and I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review! I love the look of Snog, seems like a perfect my lips but better shade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di! Your right Snog is the perfect MLBB shade for me!

      Delete
  12. Oh, how lovely! I think Love Bug was made for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look of Love Bug too! Definitely on my purchase list.

      Delete
  13. I'm not a lip gloss girl, but you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These lip glosses are definitely worth a try Shari!

      Delete
  14. I prefer to wear lip gloss during the day and on date nights I wear lip stick. Snog is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love glosses. Rebel Red looks amazing! Putting it on my shopping list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebel Red would love stunning on you Rachel!

      Delete
  16. I love that one is called snog! I think Rebel Red is my favourite though ... I'm a big lip gloss fan. Keeps my lips hydrated too, necessary in this cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always amused by makeup shade names!

      Delete
  17. So pretty! I think my favorite is "Snog"!

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snog is such a lovely "my lips but better" shade!

      Delete
  18. I absolutely detest sticky lip gloss so will definitely check these out. Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These lip glosses are definitely an improvement on the normally sticky lip glosses I've used in the past!

      Delete
  19. Are these new? I've never seen them and they look awesome! Visiting from SITS! www.thebeautyisle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they've been released overseas for a while but they are new to Australia.

      Delete
  20. Ooh the red is my favourite! I love lipgloss, it's so easy on those days when you're feeling lazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wearing red lip gloss always perks me up on "blah" days!

      Delete
  21. Love these glosses Ingrid - I have Snog and it's beautiful (the name alone makes me smile lol). Thanks for a terrific review, and the reminder that I need to add quite a few more of these to my collection ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love the colours of those glosses! I'll have to seek them out coz I do need a lip gloss or two because some occasions call for lip gloss rather than lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep an eye out on Priceline. They frequently seem to have 3 for the price of 2 specials :)

      Delete
  23. I have just recently been trying these as well. Love how smooth they are! Not sticky at all. I have 'Glossaholic' & 'Pin Up' and love the pinks!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to add the pinks to my collection!

      Delete
  24. I've tried a few of these out and have been loving them - I love how they aren't sticky at all! xx

    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lip glosses have certainly improved over the past couple of years!

      Delete
  25. I am more of a gloss person these days. These sound great. I do like the Snog shade. Who ever came up with that word? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauty product names are so often funny!

      Delete
  26. I love the Snog shade but they are all so comfortable to wear! Now that I think about it I may actually grab the clear one just to wear over lipstick to keep my lips hydrated throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've been doing with my clear one! Works a treat!

      Delete
  27. Those are lovely shades - I think the red is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete

  28. I am reading your post from the beginning, it was so interesting to read & I feel thanks to you for posting such a good blog, keep updates regularly.

    Long Lasting Lip Liner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I will be posting a review of the new Rimmel 'The Only 1' lipsticks next week if you are interested in finding out more about that range of lipsticks also.

      Delete