Monday, 20 July 2015

Antipodes Grapeseed Butter Cleanser

Recognisable by their distinctive green flora wallpaper design packaging Antipodes skincare products tap into the abundant and powerful natural ingredients uniquely grown in New Zealand and have strong scientific validation of their performance.

Antipodes also has a very strong green beauty ethos which aspires to ecologically sound values, full organic certification, trace-ability of sustainable ingredients, the use of renewable resources and the lightest of carbon footprints. Yay! Definintely a brand I want to support!

As a result of the above I was very excited to receive a couple of Antipodes products from the recent Glamour Affair Sydney event (read the review of this event here), including the Antipodes Grapeseed Butter Cleanser.


Antipodes Grapeseed Butter Cleanser

Being a cleansing balm, this cleanser is different to any other cleanser I have previously used. It comes in a convenient to use screw top 75 gram plastic tub with a small spatula included. I love it when brands provide spatulas. It's so much more hygienic than dipping your fingers into the product!

The lovely and thick cleansing balm is yellow in colour with small seed-like granules in it which provide a mild exfoliation. You can just see the granules if you look closely at the above photo.

Antipodes advises that 100% of the ingredients are from natural origins and 76% of the ingredients are from organic cultivation.

So what ingredients does it contain? 
Olive oil, Shea butter, beeswax, harekeke flax oil, coconut oil, evening primrose oil, lavender oil, cocoa butter, Vinanza Grape extract, blue chamomile flower extract, hibiscus flower and Vitamin E are all included ingredients. It's a refreshing change to be able to read the ingredients and recognise what they are rather than reading a list of chemicals! 

The balm is beautifully scented with chamomile and lavender, which also work to calm and soothe the skin. All the oils and butters listed above help to moisturise and soften the skin and the harekeke flax oil has proven antibacterial properties.The Vinanza Grape extract is reported to be full of antioxidants to help repair free radical damage, whilst the hibiscus flower provides a gentle exfoliating action.

To use this cleansing balm you need to apply it to your skin and then gently massage it onto your face with upward circular movements. The balm unsurprisingly feels quite buttery in texture and I massage it into my face for a couple of minutes.

Removing this cleansing balm from your face is a bit more work than removing normal cleansers. You can't fully remove it with water alone. You definitely need to also use a wash cloth.

Despite the extra work to remove this product I love it for the results it gives. My skin always feels so soft, smooth, moisturised and deeply cleansed after use. Well worth the effort required!

If you are interested in buying the Antipodes Grapeseed Butter Cleanser to try it yourself you can click HERE to buy it from Ry Australia.

You can see more of the Antipodes product range HERE.

Have you used any Antipodes products?
If so, which ones and what did you think about them?
What style of cleanser do you prefer to use?

xxx
Ingrid

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on Instagram:

Pinterest:
Fabulous and Fun Life

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

*Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. I was kindly gifted them at the recent Glamour Affair Sydney event for editorial consideration. As with all my posts, this post is 100% honest and my own personal opinion.

38 comments:

  1. Hi Ingrid! These products sound gorgeous! Just perfect for winter!! Ive not tried Antipodes, but its definitely a brand I would love to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina! This butter cleanser is definitely a great winter cleanser!

      Delete
    2. Hello! Just wondering if you know where Antipodes is stocked? Im not sure if its online only? Thank you very much! :))

      Delete
    3. Thanks Ingrid, Ill check out Priceline!! :)

      Delete
    4. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. certified organic skincare

      Delete
  2. I've been considering trying a cleansing balm, this one from Antipodes sounds great. Hmmm, with a 40% off skincare sale at Priceline, it's tempting to buy this! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Priceline 40% skincare sale is perfectly timed isn't it!

      Delete
  3. I'm hopeless at skincare but I do need some kind of cleanser. This sounds lovely. Thanks for linking with #TeamIBOT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are looking at purchasing a cleanser, like IndieAna mentioned above, the Priceline 40% off skincare sale which is happening next week is the best time to be purchasing skincare.

      Delete
  4. I hadn't heard of Antipodes, but it sounds lovely. I love a good cleanser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great cleanser, especially for my dry skin.

      Delete
  5. This sounds really nice. I prefer a buttery cleanser to remove my makeup so this sounds right up my alley. I love the sound of it being exfoliating too! xx

    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of Antipodes but they do look and sound lovely! I only ever use natural products and organic ticks my boxes!! Are they very expensive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This cleanser is $42.68 but the best time to get it would be in the 40% off skincare sale at Priceline which I believe is happening on the 28th and 29th.

      Delete
  7. Ooh this looks great, especially for Winter skin! I need a good balm. Must check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't used Antipodes products but have heard of them. Winter is taking its toll on my skin so this sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the love of Antipodes Grapeseed Butter Cleanser Ingrid. It has been designed to soften and moisturise, as it combines nourishing cacao butter with soothing oils and quintessential Vinanza Grape® antioxidant from New Zealand's sauvignon blanc grape seeds. #lovethearoha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does what it has been designed to do! It's a perfect cleanser for my 40+ year old skin!

      Delete
  10. :) What a neat product. Thanks for sharing this review with "Bloggers Who Have Inspired me" link up.
    Rachel xo

    Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me is now LIVE here
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I've never heard of this product but will totally be looking out for it now. It looks great and I NEED something for my crappy skin at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I've got an Antipodes Hand Cream, which I love. This looks like a luxurious cleanser and kind of reminds me of the Lush UltraBland Cleanser because you need a wash cloth to get that off too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've not heard either - my skin is tired so maybe I should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never tried Antipodes, but this looks great. I'm a graduate of the Lazy School of Skincare, and a face wipes are my cleanser of choice! Thanks for linking up with the Ultimate Rabbit Hole x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, that sounds intriguing! As a Kiwi, I'm rather fond of supporting Kiwi brands. I have their lovely lipbalm, but haven't tried the cleanser.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds lovely! I usually make my own skincare products, but sometimes the convenience is worth the cash ;) I love the little spatula idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never heard of these prods but very interested after reading this! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have heard of Antipodes products but haven't gotten around to trying them yet. Might just have to pop into Priceline tomorrow and get me some cleansing balm!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like something I'll love - the all natural ingredients are definitely a bonus, great read as always hon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely looking cleanser! I'd never heard of this company before. Thank you for sharing your post at the #AnythingGoes Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've heard lots of good things about this brand! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This just makes me feel like some pampering :) I do really need to give my face a good deep cleanse. I really don't spend much time on myself.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sounds amazing!! I love new and natural products and I love that they care for the environment! I have a link up on my blog if you'd like to share a post!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can just imagine how beautiful I'd smell and feel after using this cleanser.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This sounds heavenly! I'm a total sucker for great skin care. I'll have to see if I can get this here in Canada. I doubt it, you guys have all the good stuff! :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, I found it. I'd have to save for it though. It's expensive here!

      Delete
    2. Having the Priceline 40% off sales here helps us Aussie girls stock up on our skincare purchases! Do you have a store there that regularly has discounted sales?

      Delete