Monday, 13 July 2015

Lush Goodies!

Lush products are some of the most heavenly fragranced products I've ever had the pleasure to indulge in! I also love the fact that Lush products are handmade, vegetarian and vegan products and that the brand does not test on animals. Lush is one of the most environmentally conscious beauty companies out there, committed to ethically sourcing their ingredients and using minimalistic packaging! Yay Lush! 


Lush Goodies Galore

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to attend the amazing Glamour Affair event in Sydney (read more about this event here) where Gine and Aisling from Lush gave us a demonstration of how to make mermaid water and then demonstrated some of their other best selling products to us before generously gifting us with the photographed wonderful Lush goodies above to take home and trial further.

Big Blue Bath Bomb RRP: $6.25 per bath bomb


Lush Big Blue Bath Bomb
My favourite product was definitely the Big Blue bath bomb. The scent from these bath bombs filled the Glamour Affair event room with such a divine lavender scent! In addition to lavender oil, the Big Blue also contains lemon oil, seaweed and sea salt to clear your mind and soften your skin.

Gine and Aisling informed us that even people without a bath can enjoy the amazing scent of these bath bombs. What you do is sit the bath bomb on your vanity and pour a tiny bit of water onto the top of the bath bomb to release its divine fragrance! Mind you, my bath bomb already gave off an amazing scent without even having to release the scent with water! 

Gine and Aisling advised that you can keep doing this over and over for absolutely ages to have a divinely scented bathroom or any room of the house really. There's no need to keep these bath bombs hidden away in the bathroom. 

This is how I planned to enjoy my bath bomb's scent for several weeks but it became just too tempting for me and so after less than one week I succumbed and enjoyed the most relaxing bath ever with it! 

A tip to make your bath bomb last for two baths instead of one is to cut it in half! I found half my Big Blue bath bomb was more than enough for one bath. The Big Blue turned my bath water a beautiful ocean blue colour and released a number of seaweed particles into the water which I used to give my skin an exfoliating rub. 

If you don't like a "messy" bath with particles in it however, this bath bomb might not be the best choice for you or you could place the bath bomb into a stocking to contain the seaweed particles. I personally loved the particles. The colour of the bath bomb did not stain my bath tub. After these baths I was sooooo relaxed and my skin definitely felt softer.

Lush Dream Cream RRP: $29.95/240g


Lush Dream Cream
Lush's number 1 selling product is the Lush Dream Cream hand and body lotion.This cream has a beautiful lavender and tea tree fragrance and felt soothing and cooling on my skin, possibly due to the inclusion of the lavender oil, tea tree oil & chamomile blue oil in its ingredients. The oat milk base to this cream would have also contributed to its soothing properties.

The Dream Cream has quite a rich, thick consistency. You only need to use a little bit at a time. It can take a little while to fully absorb into your skin if you use too much at once. I've been using it on my legs after shaving them to minimise any subsequent skin irritations and have also been using it to combat winter's dehydrating effect on my hands. It has left my skin feeling silky soft. I can fully understand the popularity of this cream!

Shades of Earl Grey Massage Bar RRP: $13.95/100g

Lush Shades of Earl Grey Massage Bar

At the Glamour Affair event we paired up and massaged each others' arms with the new Lush Shades of Earl Grey massage bars. Let me tell you it was definitely no punishment being massaged with this product! It's beautifully yet subtly scented with earl grey and citrus and has a rich, buttery feel to it. It felt like such an indulgence to receive an arm massage with it from a previous stranger and afterwards although it was just my arm being massaged I felt completely relaxed and blissed out!

To use these massage bars you can either warm them up between your hands or rub them straight on to your skin. You then massage in the oils and butters from the bar. 

At Glamour Affair we then dusted our arms with Silky Underwear dusting powder (yes, there is definitely a theme happening here with these products!!!). This helped ensure our arms didn't feel at all "sticky" afterwards.

Popcorn and Mint Julips Lip Scrubs RRP: $9.95/25g


Lush Popcorn and Mint Julips Lip Scrubs
I already owned the Mint Julips lip scrub pictured above and was happy to receive a Popcorn lip scrub at the recent Glamour Affair event. I use these lip scrubs quite a lot and have repurchased them a couple of times! 

Lush's lip scrubs are perfect for buffing away dead skin from your lips by rubbing the scrub gently onto your lips resulting in smoother, softer, more moisturised lips which in turn makes them look more beautiful and helps ensure your lipstick lasts longer on your lips also!

Both of these lip scrubs smell good enough to eat! The Mint Julips lip scrub has a refreshing mint chocolate scent and results in a slight tingly sensation on my lips which I like. The Popcorn lip scrub smells like a butter, caramel popcorn.

At the Lush presentation it was interesting to learn that these lip scrubs are in fact fully edible!!! A quick check of the ingredients confirms that all the ingredients are edible, with the main ingredient being caster sugar. There is also a bubblegum scented lip scrub.

Lush American Cream Hair Conditioner and R&B Hair Moisturiser
My apologies but due to the already long length of this post I will review these two Lush hair products in a subsequent post at a later date.

You can find more information about all the above Lush products and more on the Lush website here.

Do you use Lush products? 
Which Lush products do you love?

xxx
Ingrid

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on Instagram:

*Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post nor am I affiliated with any of these products. I was kindly gifted these products at the recent Glamour Affair Sydney event for editorial consideration. As with all my posts it is 100% honest and my own personal opinion.

80 comments:

  1. Gorgeous looking Lush goodies, I really need to try some more of their products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lush goodies are not only gorgeous looking but also gorgeously scented!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to move into my new home! I'll have a bath and I can finally make use of these bath bombs! LOL DF xo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget you can still enjoy the gorgeous scent of a bath bomb even without a bath!

      Delete
    2. I unfortunately don't have a bath in my house but I'm definitely going to grab one just to make the bathroom smell nicer, this is a fantastic idea not to mention that they look pretty cool.

      Maybe I'll purchase 2-3 and arrange it on a nice soap dish I have that's Parisian themed and then drop a few drops of water on all 3 just too see what scent all of them can come up with together.

      Delete
  3. Love the smell of Lush and I NEED to get some of that lip scrub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lip scrub is so useful in this arctic cold snap winter we're having!

      Delete
  4. I'm a bath addict so LOVE bath products. I really only use salts, bath bombs and bubbles but I am careful about not getting stuff with oil in as it marks the edge of the bath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lush's bath bombs are so relaxing to bathe in!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous photos in this post, Ingrid! I'm such a Lush lover :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di! Lush's products are so gorgeous, it would be criminal not to take a gorgeous photo of them! I share your love for Lush products!

      Delete
  6. So much to learn be in this post! What a great tip to display a bath bomb in the bathroom and pour a little water on top to let out some fragrance! I am so doing this! And I'm interested in that dream cream. I love anything with lavender in it. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bec! Happy to pass on the knowledge I learnt from the Lush experts who presented at the recent Glamour Affair event.

      Delete
    2. Have you used Kiehls moisturiser? Would you say the Dream Cream is just as good?

      Delete
  7. The only Lush prod I own is the bubblegum lip scrub...I love reading Lush reviews though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owning a Lush lip scrub sounds like the most appropriate Lush product for a lipstick blogger to own!!! ;)

      Delete
    2. He he! It does! Id still love to try a bath bomb or two!! :)

      Delete
  8. Oh, what a wonderful way to use a bath bomb! Thanks so much for the tip! I love lovely smelling bathrooms:-) Thanks for linking with #TeamIBOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent of bath products is such an important feature of them for me!

      Delete
  9. Mmm I'm very tempted to check out the Lush store near my work in the city tomorrow. It's a shop I haven't been in for years, but I think our bathroom could definitely do with some beautifully scented goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect you won't leave empty handed!!! There is so much divine scented Lush-iciousness to choose from!

      Delete
  10. I love Lush! Cruelty free and such a range. I've run through a few small Dream Creams in recent days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the environmental consciousness of Lush!

      Delete
  11. Lush's Dream Cream used to be mg HG when I could access it easier. I miss that and Fresh Face Masks most I think. :-)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you not have access to Lush in the Bahamas?

      Delete
    2. No we don't, unfortunately. The nearest stores are in the U.S. We actually don't have many brands or stores here. Just the most commercial stuff like a few of the big designer/department store names (i.e. Chanel, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Lancome etc), we got MAC a few years ago and some drugstore stuff. And because we are considered a travel jurisdiction new collections tend to come here a few months later. I tend to do most of my shopping in the States. :-)

      Delete
  12. I can almost smell this post from here! I love lush and was thrilled to find one even when we lived in Romania and in Dubai. Such great products and a great message too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I think of Lush it brings back memories of beautiful scents to me too!

      Delete
    2. Oh that's cool, I actually thought (silly me I know) that Lush was Aussie-based only.

      Delete
  13. I can always tell if there is a Lush store somewhere in a shopping centre the minute I walk in - they have such a distinct smell! I used to love the bath bombs..but haven't used one for ages...maybe it's time for a revival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never walk past a Lush store! Those beautiful scents hypnotically draw me in! Hehe - that'a my excuse anyway!

      Delete
  14. You had me at bath bomb! And those Earl Grey massage bars sound divine. Side note: we have an amazing bath put in during our extension... and I'm yet to use it. We're talking 2 years! I need to rectify that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonia, Sonia, Sonia! You need to buy a bath bomb pronto and spend the evening soaking, relaxing & pampering yourself in that new amazing bath of yours!

      Delete
  15. That bath bomb is the business!! I haven't used a bath bomb for years. Bron x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should use one again! They are such an easy indulgence to enjoy!

      Delete
  16. I love Lush bath products! That lip scrub sounds amazing, I'll have to check it out!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check it out Jill! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

      Delete
  17. Ah yes, the bath bomb…my favourite! I haven't had one of those in ages. Perfectly timed reminder as I do love a luxurious winter bath! (stopping by with #FYBF)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a perfect winter indulgence!

      Delete
  18. OoohI love the bath bombs at Lush and what a fabulous event to go to! They all look so delicious!!! I love your reviews so please consider if you have time my new linky #reviewroundup on Mamma Raj Says each Friday to share more of these great write ups

    ReplyDelete
  19. They used to have Arabian Bright hair treatment that had henna in it - they need to bring that back, it was awesome. I like the Cynthia Stout shampoo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good product! I hope they do bring it back!

      Delete
  20. Their bath bombs are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a favourite bath bomb Ruth?

      Delete
  21. LUSH!!!! I love it. I remember seeing their store in the city before there were many around at all. I spent ages in there and got a free hand scrub/massage. Divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to spend ages in Lush stores! I always need to sniff every product!!! Hehe! The lovely Lush ladies are always so helpful and patient!

      Delete
  22. So lovely! Thanks so much for linking up with me. Bron x

    ReplyDelete
  23. These sound like great products.

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE lush!!! I am lucky enough to have one a few minutes from my house. I am there all the time! I am thinking of doing a similar post. I love to share my love for these products! - Seri from www.Serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Write it Seri! I'd love to read about which Lush products are your favourites!

      Delete
  25. I love love lush! I walk past their QVB store often and it just smells so delicious. Their products make great gifts too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could ever just walk past a Lush store!!! Their beautiful scents draw me in!

      Delete
  26. I like the lip balm and bath bombs. Just smell so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love Lush products. I have a teeny tiny bath so find their bombs are a little over powering but they are so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit difficult to do but you can cut their bath bombs in half and only use half a bomb per bath. I do this and it still provides heaps of fizz.

      Delete
  28. I really need to get my hands on some of their products to see what all the hype is about! The American Cream would be what I'd pick up! The hand cream too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warning: Lush products are very addictive! Once you've tried some, you always want to try more - hehe! You should definitely try some!

      Delete
  29. I love all things Lush - their bath bombs and massage bars are my all time faves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both great products for total relaxation!

      Delete
  30. What a beautiful treat of goodies for you to indulge in! I absolutely love Lush as well, I can always tell when I'm getting close to the store when I'm out and about because I can smell it before I see it! haha! I've used a few glittery bath bombs of theirs before but I don't mind the glitter aftermath, I find it quite pretty. :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a great read hon - takes a bit of doing to put together this much info I know, so thanks, much appreciated. That tip for adding water to a bomb is...the bomb! I'm off to Lush ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat for the lovely compliment! I love sharing info about amazing beauty products I've tried and loved!

      Delete
  32. I have never ever bought or seen Lush products. They all look wonderful. Definitely looking harder for them.
    This makes me wish I had more baths!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Showers are so much quicker but when you have gorgeous products like these it makes you relax and take some extra time out! I take more baths on weekends when I have more time.

      Delete
  33. By the look of all these comments and their love of Lush products, I think I've been missing out on something! That bath bomb looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Big Blue bath bomb was totally divine Grace! Bath bombs are a great excuse for having some pampering time out!

      Delete
  34. Great post !! Thank you so much for sharing with #LINKUPWITHLISA @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/search/label/LINKUP%20with%20Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love LUSH products. They are lush-icious! I also use the mint julep lip scrub along with karma perfume (spray and solid) and the 'crack the whip' body scrub. The black colour was a bit off putting at first but it smells so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love LUSH! What a fun event that sounds like! The Lemony Flutter cuticle butter is a favorite of mine, along with the bath bombs and massage bars. Too many favorites lol! I never thought to pour a little water over the bomb to release the scent. Good idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many fantastic things about the Lemony Flutter, it sounds divine and I love how they say cuticle "butter". Do you use it solely for cuticles only?

      Delete
  37. Fantastic post. I've been into a Lush store before and it's absolutely gorgeous and of course smells amazing but I haven't ever gone there for a purpose of a particular item I'm looking for so I've looked around but not knowing what's good etc I've never purchased anything from there, I'm now going to check it out, maybe during the weekend and try a product or two.

    ReplyDelete