Monday, 6 July 2015

Luxcurly Lux Natural - My Holy Grail of Curling Irons!

Do you struggle with styling your hair? 

Do you have major hair envy of girls with beautiful beachy, boho, tousled or glamourous curls? Think Miranda Kerr, Sonia from Sonia Styling blogKate the Duchess of Cambridge, and almost every Hollywood star gracing the red carpet these days! They all have beautiful enviably styled curled hair!

Enviable Curls!

Would you like a quick, easy, fail-safe & fuss-free way to create gorgeous curls?

If like me you answered yes to any or all of the above questions then you need to keep reading!

A couple of weeks ago the opportunity arose to trial a Luxcurly Auto Rotating Curling Iron. 

As my answer to all the above questions was a big yes I knew I needed to push aside my memories of burning my hand on a previous curling iron and having totally uneven curls especially around the back of my head, to grab this opportunity and give DIY curls one last try! 

The Luxcurly was described as "the simple solution to make luscious locks achievable for even the most apprentice of hair curlers". This sounded like exactly what I needed!

There are two styles of Luxcurly auto rotating curling irons: 
  • the Luxcurly Lux Classic, with a cone shaped barrel. This is suitable for fine and/or short to medium hair. It creates more defined, tighter curls, like Hollywood classic starlets.
  • the Luxcurly Lux Natural, with a round shaped barrel. This is suitable for thick hair and/or medium to long hair. It creates more natural, relaxed curls.
As my hair is long and it was the more natural, relaxed wavy type of curl I was after I trialed the Luxcurly Lux Natural.

Luxcurly Natural

The Luxcurly Lux Natural is a 28mm barrel made from high quality tourmaline ceramic which results in the barrel heating up evenly and quickly, within 30 seconds. It has a 360 degree 2.5 metre long swivel cord which is very convenient if your mirror is not right next to a power point. It is an ergonomic weight and size and fitted well into my hand. It has a built in stand to rest the curling iron on to avoid scorching any furniture you rest it on. 

The auto rotating barrel of the Luxcurly is brilliant in minimising the risk of burning your hands, especially as you reach to curl the hair at the back of your head. 

With a previous curling wand I used to hit my hand against the barrel when manually winding my hair around it at the back of my head, resulting in several burns to my hand. This is the main reason I abandoned using my previous curling wand and resorted to always straightening my hair instead.

The Luxcurly is so much easier, quicker and safer to use than previous curling wands I've used as it does all the hard, winding work for you automatically at the push of a button. All you need to do is follow these simple steps and luscious locks will be effortlessly yours within minutes, even if you're a curling novice like me!
  1. Spray your hair with a heat protectant.
  2. Plug your Luxcurly into the power point. Turn the power point on. Press the Luxcurly "on" switch.
  3. Set the temperature on the Luxcurly using the "+/-" buttons. The temperature clearly displays on a mini LCD screen at the base of the curling iron. The temperature setting automatically sets to 180 degrees but can be varied up to 220 degrees Celsius and also down. After a bit of experimentation I found the 180 degrees temperature worked best for me. 
  4. Divide your hair into three layers and then one layer at a time, starting from the bottom layer, take a small section of your hair and place the ends under the clamp of the Luxcurly.
  5. Press either the L or R button depending on which way you want your curls to be formed.
  6. Leave your hair in the curler for 10 seconds, then press the opposite directional button to release your hair away. Release your hair from the clamp and voila one perfectly formed curl! How quick and easy is that!
With Luxcurly beautiful hair is a touch away! I still might not look like Miranda Kerr, Sonia or Kate, but at least I have an alternative easy & fuss-free go-to hairstyle now!

Below is a before and after photo of my first attempt at using the Luxcurly. Originally I had planned to practice using it several times before photographing the end result but I changed my mind and decided to show you my first attempt instead to show how easy the Luxcurly is to use for even an apprentice hair curler like myself! 

Before & After Luxcurly
These Luxcurly Auto Rotating Curling Irons are available from the Luxcurly website. RRP: $119. Luxcurly is currently holding an EOFY 20% off sale until midnight Thursday 9th July 2015 AEST during which these curling irons are reduced to $95.

*Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post nor am I an affiliate of this product. I was kindly sent this product for editorial consideration. As with all my posts it is 100% honest and my own personal opinion.

What is your go-to hair style for a night out?
Who do you have hair envy of?

xxx
Ingrid

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on Instagram:

87 comments:

  1. Hi Ingrid! Your hair looks great! This sounds like an uber simple styling tool! Once my hair gets some length I'll definitely check it out! Great review!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! Definitely simpler and thus safer than any other curling iron I've tried!

      Delete
    2. Oh for a bit more length ha ha! Cant wait til I can use these type of tools again! Have a great day :)

      Delete
  2. Gosh, I'm in mighty fine hair company there - thanks Ingrid! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mighty fine hair company indeed Sonia!

      Delete
  3. Your curls turned out so pretty! I am definitely going to have to look into getting this curling iron :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The auto rotating barrel makes it a definite winner for me!

      Delete
  4. I love hair styling thingy's! Cannot live without my GHD. I really do like the look of this Luxcurly and loving your before and after pics! I have naturally curly hair but not consistently so. I sometimes fully straighten and sometimes accentuate my curls using the GHD but always open to another appliance! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my GHD for straightening my hair and although I know it can be used for curling I could never master curling my hair with it! Hence my excitement of the Luxcurly Lux Natural - it's way easier!

      Delete
  5. Your hair looks gorgeous with those curls! I love styling my hair with curls so I'm going to have to look into this curler! The auto rotating function sounds amazing :)

    sayyip.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely compliment Yip :)

      Delete
  6. I LOVE my curler... your hair looks fab! The curls are just perfect- really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsten for the lovely compliment and for visiting my blog :)

      Delete
  7. I'm lucky that I have natural curls BUT with natural curls comes a whole lot of frizz. That looks like a fab product to give you the best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Much to my stylist's dismay, I love my curiling iron. Everytime I go for a haircut she asks if I've quit my quit my curling iron... never!

    How do the curls hold with this one? My hair usually looks great for an hour or two after I've done it, but the curls don't seem to want to hold longer than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My curls do drop a bit but still remain for the entire evening! They looked looser and more relaxed by the end of the night. To compensate I start off with the the curls a bit tighter at the beginning.

      Delete
  9. It looks awesome! I tried curling my hair with a curler a few years ago, but it never looked quite right. I should give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I'm glad I gave curling one last go! I've now got another go-to hairstyle I love!

      Delete
  10. Well that's pretty good for a first attempt! I bought a similar curling wand a year or so ago, tried it once and was so disappointed. I just have not got the technique...I must try it again as I love curls :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try this one as it truly seems to be fail-safe for novices like me! The Luxcurly does all the tricky winding for me!

      Delete
  11. Your hair looks so pretty curled with the curling iron!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh I've always wanted lovely luscious curls. I bought a curling wand a few years ago and it was ridiculously difficult to use. It came with a glove and I kept burning myself. My hair is a little too short now, but if I ever grow it again, I'll look to invest in a better wand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think I was the only one burning myself with the curling iron!

      Delete
    2. Hi Renee, luxcurly also has lux classic which is great for short to medium hair. Unless you hair is super short, it probably can help to achieve the 2015 hair trend - textured lob. :)

      Delete
  13. Great curls. I am absolutely hopeless at doing curls. Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe. The Luxcurly actually does the curl winding at the touch of a button so I can't really take the credit for my curls!

      Delete
  14. Oh nice! I don't have a curling wand at the moment but my hair is only just long enough now for me to remember I've grown it. It seemed to take so long to grow.

    My hairdresser recently showed me how to do beach curls (ie. only curl the middle bit and not the end) and I was very excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love learning new techniques from the experts, and who knows what suits your hair better than your hairdresser!

      Delete
  15. All these wonderful curling products come out after I start cutting my hair super-short. We needed these in the 80s when curled hair was the rage for everyone. Thanks for sharing your new product at the #AnythingGoes Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Murphy's Law in action for you!

      Delete
  16. This has turned out really well on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds and looks totally fantastic Ingrid. Love your hair with that loose curl - beautiful. I have tried to curl my new short hair with a straightener and it's just no good!! Serious lack of coordination! So I tend to keep my hair straight-ish. But I think curly is waaaaay more fun xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! Curling with my straightener didn't work for me either!

      Delete
  18. Your curls look lovely, soft and natural. I had been using the Nume curling iron but it died a few months ago so I'm in the market for a new one (though to honest with you, I haven't been styling my hair all that often these days, lol) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmy! I hope you find a new curling iron you are happy with.

      Delete
  19. Such an amazing review. You hair really looks quite soft and lovely! I love the curls you were able to achieve.

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely compliments Denise!

      Delete
  20. I just wrote about the curling iron today too!
    Only I wrote about how mine bites me.
    I love a good curl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curls are fun but injuries from curling irons aren't!

      Delete
  21. I need to do that - my hair's so limp and daggy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try Lydia! As you can see from my before photo my hair is normally quite limp and daggy also.

      Delete
  22. I do love good curls and your's look lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate the compliment! :)

      Delete
  23. Great tips. Curls always make me feel happy hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! When my hair looks good, I feel good!

      Delete
  24. I'm always in pursuit of great curls! You have convinced me to give this one a try!

    X Allison @ www.thetallmamastyle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see your results with the Luxcurly!

      Delete
  25. Wow, they're great curls! I'm giving this a stab for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post a photo up on Instagram if you do give Luxcurly a go! I love seeing our people's curled hairstyles!

      Delete
  26. Love those curls! I love the old curling iron but I hate the burnt hands! I think I might need to give this a go. Bron x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bron! You'll be amazed how much easier and safer this curling ironing is!

      Delete
  27. Your hair looks great! :) I'm no good with the old fashioned curling irons, I always burn myself, haha! So this sounds awesome!

    Thank you for joining the Wednesday Pants Link Up I co-hosted!


    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to see these appliances improved over time! :) If only I could stop burning myself on the oven racks now!

      Delete
  28. Wow the curls look so gorgeous and so effortless! Serious hair envy right now Ingrid :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Fatima for the lovely compliment!

      Delete
  29. This is ingenious because I try to alternate curling directions but I always forget which way I have just done. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try alternating my curling directions next time I curl my hair! I love experimenting with my Luxcurly to achieve different curly looks.

      Delete
  30. This looks too easy! Great result Ingrid. I just don't have the patience to curl my hair but I reckon I could with one of these babies! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! It takes me no more than 15 minutes max to curl my hair from start to finish.

      Delete
  31. The curls make your hair look so soft! I've never tried a wand, but think it would be fun to try instead of a curling iron. I love curling my hair for a night out, but haven't done it in so long! Usually I just straighten my hair, tease at the crown, and put the sides up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. I'm so happy I now have a curly option in my hair styling repertoire! I'm now experimenting with creating different types of curls.

      Delete
  32. Love the before and after shots - my hair is so thick and wavy in the worst way. I spend so much time trying to make it straight, that I don't think I have time to make it curly. If I had a spare 100 bucks and some extra time, I'd definitely give these a whirl because they totes look like the Kings of the Curling Iron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammie! I did hesitate before putting the before shot up!

      Delete
  33. Your hair looks great curled using this iron. I love to add curls for a special night as it gives some volume and a more polished look to my hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di! I love how curls give more volume to my fine hair too!

      Delete
  34. Oh la la! You look fab! I have naturally curly hair and so I straighten it. Is anyone happy with what they have?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right Jody - everyone wants what they don't already have!

      Delete
  35. Terrific review hon, and you should add your gorgeous pic alongside those of the babes at the top of the article ♥ I spend ages straightening my hair so I have no use for a curling iron, but I'm ever so thankful to know which one is the absolute best for gift giving, thanks sweetie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely compliment Kat!

      Delete
  36. Oh man, I wish I hadn't bought myself an old-school curling wand for Christmas now! I need one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  37. this looks awesome! my old curler is lying somewhere in the cobwebs. your hair looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous after photo. I have naturally curly hair so is it bad to say I have never owned a curling iron?!? Thank you for sharing this wand with us and for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me" last week. I would love to have you link up tomorrow as well.
    Rachel xo

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky to have naturally curly hair Rachel!

      Delete
  39. George Clooney's wife, Amal has such thick luscious hair. My hair is dead straight so thank you for this tips on how to get some glamour curls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amal does amazing hair! Definitely hair envy worthy!

      Delete
    2. Amal does amazing hair! Definitely hair envy worthy!

      Delete
  40. I usually straighten my hair if I am going out, and now it is longer I don't do it as much. This curler really does sound great, even though I have curled hair! I need to learn to tame my curls better.

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a great result, especially for your first go! You hair looks so nice and natural and pretty with the curled waves. :) Looks like a very nice hair tool indeed. Beautifully presented by the looks of your gorgeous photograph. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. I've seen these at the mall and I've thought about getting one, but they are ridiculously expensive. Maybe I'll start looking for them online.

    ReplyDelete