Monday, 27 July 2015

MOMMA Shea Butter Mineral Lipstick

Isn't the black and white packaging of MOMMA lipsticks just the cutest? 

MOMMA Shea Butter Mineral Lipstick

MOMMA stands for Ministry of Mineral Makeup Australia and was founded in 2014. The philosophy behind the MOMMA brand is that pure mineral makeup should be affordable and made without chemicals or cruelty.

MOMMA Shea butter mineral lipsticks are:

  • 100% natural 
  • 100% vegan 
  • chemical free 
  • cruelty free
  • and contain no FD&C dyes.    
YAY!!! They are also Australian made! What more could an Aussie beauty lover ask for?

I received a MOMMA Shea Butter Mineral Lipstick in the shade Rum & Raisin (L16) in my goodie bag at the recent Glamour Affair Sydney event.


MOMMA Shea Butter Mineral Lipstick
Rum & Raisins (L16)

MOMMA Shea Butter Mineral Lipstick
Rum & Raisins (L16)

I found the formula of this lipstick to be creamy and moisturising, with good pigmentation. It glided on smoothly and wasn't at all drying, waxy or sticky. The colour and hydration lasted well between meals, although I did reapply it again after eating.

It must be the Shea butter, jojoba oil and orange peel oil that make this lipstick so lusciously hydrating.


MOMMA Shea Butter Mineral Lipstick
Rum & Raisins (L16)
I did take some photos of this lipstick on my lips but due to the lighting the colour looked quite deceptive. So rather than post an inaccurate photo I've deleted them. In real life, this lipstick on my lips looked similar in colour to the above swatch.

I am impressed with the quality of this MOMMA Shea butter mineral lipstick, especially given its very affordable $12 price. It just goes to show that it is possible to make good quality, chemical free and cruelty free mineral lipsticks for an affordable price.

My only disappointment is that there aren't that many colours in the MOMMA Shea butter mineral lipstick range. On the MOMMA website currently I only saw the three shades of Shea butter mineral lipstick pictured below, all of which I am very tempted to get! There were however some more shades of different formula MOMMA lipsticks.


Source

Do you try to buy chemical free makeup? 
If so, what brands do you recommend?   

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on Instagram:

*Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post nor am I affiliated with this brand. I was kindly gifted this product at the recent Glamour Affair Sydney event. There was no obligation to write about it. As with all my posts it is 100% honest and my own personal opinion.

49 comments:

  1. Morning Ingrid! I love mineral lippies although its a little hit and miss. Taking chemicals out does tend to make products not as stable or as long wearing. My favourite mineral brands are Limnit Vegan lipsticks, Pur Minerals and Crush Cosmetics on ETSY :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky with the MOMMA mineral lipstick in that case. It's definitely a hit for me! I'll have to look into these other brands you mentioned as well! Always good to get a recommendation from a trusted beauty blogger.

      Delete
    2. Aw thank you very much- and back at you also :)

      Delete
    3. Im going to check out these guys online today!!

      Delete
    4. Im going to check out these guys online today!!

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous shade! I also really do like the packaging as well, it's so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my photo had worked better to share what it looks like on my lips!

      Delete
  3. These lipsticks sound so delightful. Do they sell them in store or just online? #TeamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this stage I think MOMMA is just sold online.

      Delete
  4. This sounds like my type of lippie, love that it contains high quality 100% natural ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think of you and your blog when I was writing this review.

      Delete
  5. I haven't bought new lipstick in such a long time. I don't normally wear it, just gloss. In saying that though I plan to go on a make-up, underwear, new dress shopping spree soon. Hopefully anyway. Must take a look at the whole MOMMA range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A makeup, underwear & new dress shopping spree sounds good! Have fun!

      Delete
  6. Oooh! I got the same shade! I'm looking forward to trying mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours. Love that they contain natural ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very easy to wear colours that suit me well!

      Delete
  8. That's my kind of price tag and my kind of ingredients list. You've got me wondering about their 'other formula's' though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a look at the MOMMA website to get more information about their other lipsticks.

      Delete
  9. Sure do! For me, I can't go past BITE Beauty lipsticks, even though I do feel some negatives towards them (mostly due to the matte formula highlighting any dryness + they sort of dry my lips out a bit, but I'm prone to chapping already). I can overlook the negatives because they are creamy & well pigmented, plus they smell nice & most of their range doesn't contain orange peel oil which I'm allergic to. Their Agave Lip Mask is my HG product, but their Lip Primer & Definer is one of the worst products I've ever tried (hit & miss in the lip lining department, it made my lips feel even drier + I've had issues with it giving me what looks a bit like eczema on my lips, probably due to the peppermint oil in the product). If you can afford one (they're anywhere between about $33 & $38 here), give them a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing about other people's HG products! I'll have to keep an eye out for BITE Beauty's Agave lip mask!

      Delete
  10. I don't normally buy chemical free makeup, but I do try to buy lip balms made from natural products because you're obviously going to ingest some of it. I've been wanting to get lipsticks that are also safe, so I'll have to look into these ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Fabulous and Fun Life :)

      Delete
  11. That looks like a gorgeous nude colour!! Bron x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great my lips but better shade!

      Delete
  12. These are some beautiful nudes. Love the look of Burnt Cherry. It would be great if they came out with more options. As you say, can't beat good quality, chemical free and cruelty free makeup for an affordable price. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to use more chemical free products. But, sometimes it's the price point that is too high. But at $12 these look great. Thanks for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Mauve looks so pretty on the skin! DF xo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's cool! I love seeing new beauty products hit the market ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. A vegan lipstick! Fantastic. As soon as I need a new lippy, I will check these out :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks good!! Not heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh yes I love the packaging and Australian made- yep I'm in. Where do I buy! (I also love the colours just up my alley when I need some sprucing up - that is often!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm loving the shade Blush Nude. I hadn't heard of this brand before!

    ReplyDelete

  20. Thanks for linking up with me! I do love that colour. Bron x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds like a great product.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This stuff looks amazing! Love the burnt cherry!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do they ship to the US? Found you (and pinned!) on Saturday Sharefest

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never heard of this brand of lipstick before. Love that blush nude colour and the idea of beauty without cruelty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really love that packaging and the burnt cherry looks like my kinda colour. I'm going to have a look for these. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ive got some MOMMA mineral makeup samples to try out!
    The lipstick sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm still pending to try my momma lipstick, I think i saw seashell mention Bite Beauty... now that's a brand that I've been eyeing for quite some time!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Ingrid, this is a really helpful review hon, thanks so much - I don't believe my lipstick refresh will be complete without a couple of these at least. That Burnt Cherry looks like it might just fill a gap in my colour range xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really like that Burnt Cherry colour. Will check this brand out :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sounds lovely and I like the shade, it's very wearable. I'm not very fussy weather of not my lippy is mineral or not. The shade and packaging are usually what persuades me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh lovely. Would you believe, I am allergic to shea butter. Unfair huh?! Lovely shades.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a lovely lipstick, I'm definitely interested in trying natural products. I'm curious, does it apply like normal lipstick and is the texture the same? Awesome review! x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for sharing beautiful information about Shea Butter Lipstick. Shea Butter is an ideal beauty ingredient, to help nourish and protect skin and hair. Shea Butter is a slightly yellowish or ivory colored and nutty, smoky scented natural fat extracted from the seed of the African shea tree. If we use African Shea Butter, You will get good results for skin and hair.

    ReplyDelete