Monday, 24 August 2015

Ageless Beauty - The Parcel - Beauty Subscription Box Review

Although I had self-imposed a limit of subscribing to one beauty box only, when I saw the ads for the new Ageless Beauty Parcel I knew I had to subscribe to this one too! 

Ageless Beauty Parcel Subscription Box

After receiving this inaugural box last month I am so glad I did! It truly is a beauty! Full of amazing products aimed at younger looking skin from cream to serum to wrinkle and spot faders! Perfect for my ageing 40+ year old skin and brilliant value like all the other The Parcel boxes!

Ageless Beauty Parcel Contents

Listed below are the products I received in this first ever Ageless Beauty Parcel. I have quoted the product information that The Parcel provides on its information card in italic print and I've followed this with my comments in normal print. Products are listed in alphabetical order.

Boots Laboratories Serum 7 Day Cream
Full Size: 50 ml RRP: $34


Ageless Beauty Parcel - Serum 7
"A light, easily absorbed moisturiser that protects your skin and targets fine lines. Skin feels softer, smoother and looks younger."

This sounds like a promising moisturiser that should meet my 40+ year old skin's needs perfectly. I'm looking forwards to using it.

Boots Laboratories Serum 7 Night Cream
Full Size: 50 ml RRP: $34

"A rich moisturiser that intensely hydrates your skin overnight. Skin is left feeling soft, smooth and radiant."

I love that the Ageless Beauty Parcel has included the matching set of day and night moisturisers from Serum 7. There's beneficial synergy to using matching day and night moisturisers rather than mixing different brands.

Designer Brands - Pressed Powder
Full Size: 11.9g RRP: $11.99


Ageless Beauty Parcel - Designer Brands Pressed Powder

"DB's Firming Age Revive Pressed Powder helps to minimise shine and creates a soft finish that doesn't cake or flake. Use alone or over foundation, the innovative formula is lightweight and infused with sericite mica to give skin a soft, smooth as silk finish."

I have read so many great reviews of Designer Brands makeup products recently that I'm excited to see if this product lives up to those other reviews. Based on previous Marie Claire The Parcel subscription box products I have received I dare say this product will be amazing also!

Estee Lauder Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum
Deluxe Sample Size 7ml Value: $22.17 
(30ml RRP: $95 50ml RRP: $140)


Ageless Beauty Parcel - Estee Lauder



"This intensive serum helps reduce the look of uneven skintone with the most comprehensive correcting technology from Estee Lauder. Instantly skin looks and feels fresh and hydrated."

I have loved trying the other Estee Lauder products I have received in the seasonal Marie Claire The Parcel boxes. It's fantastic that this Ageless Beauty Parcel box also includes a high end Estee Lauder product that I wouldn't otherwise get the opportunity to try.

Madame Flavour Tea
35g (mini) RRP: 75c.

Ageless Beauty Parcel - Madame Flavour Tea

"This thoughtful blend is for slowing down, calming down and stopping... If only for a few minutes, as you gently infuse the pod and inhale the fine citrus notes of Australian lemon myrtle and organic lemongrass that bring instant clarity. Every time you find yourself pulled into the whirlwind of life, this blend can help transport you to a place inside where it's peaceful."

I don't drink tea and am thus not interested in this product. I don't think it really fits into the "Ageless Beauty" theme. It won't go to waste however as my husband will enjoy it.

Revlon Line Filler
Full Size: 12.2ml RRP: $26.95


Ageless Beauty Parcel - Revlon Age Defying

"After using this non-injectable wrinkle filler, 90 per cent of women said their skin looked fuller and more plumped. The lightweight, colourless formula with hyaluronic acid instantly fills deep lines and wrinkles, visibly smoothing the skin and readying it for flawless makeup appplication."

Yes please! This product sounds like exactly what my 40+ year old skin needs! I hope it delivers on its promises. 

TRESemme YOUTH BOOST Youth Correcting Essence
Full Size: 50 ml RRP: $10.99

Ageless Beauty Parcel - TRESemme Youth Boost

"New TRESemme YOUTH BOOST Youth Correcting Essence leave-in treatment penetrates each hair strand to restore youthful softness and shine in just one use. With a combination of patented technologies and skin-inspired ingredients, it contains three times more Omega-3s and antioxidants than the core range."

It's good to see a hair product included in this inaugural Ageless Beauty Parcel! I've noticed some minor changes in my hair over the years and hopefully this treatment will help to address these.

Also included in this Ageless Beauty Parcel box was a bonus Revlon $5 discount voucher.


Ageless Beauty Parcel - Revlon Discount Voucher

Overall, apart from the tea, I love all the products in this Ageless Beauty Parcel subscription box. 

Not only does this box allow me to try numerous age appropriate beauty products aimed at younger looking skin, it's also brilliant value for money. The Ageless Beauty Parcel costs $25 for a one-off subscription or there is the more economical special launch offer of $20 per box for 4 boxes which is what I subscribed to. 

I'd definitely recommend trying this new Ageless Beauty Parcel to any beauty lover interested in younger looking skin.

The Parcel has a strong track history of producing amazing value beauty subscription boxes with fabulous products. For those interested in seeing what the Marie Claire The Parcel subscription boxes look like, click on the following links. I have previously reviewed The Parcel Winter EditThe Parcel Autumn Edit, The Parcel Summer Edit and The Parcel Spring Edit.

Which of the above Ageless Beauty Parcel products appeals to you the most?
Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes?
xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on Instagram:

52 comments:

  1. I'm an Arbonne gal myself, but they all look like great value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my favourite products too but love trying new ones! Like a lot of beauty bloggers I'm always in search of a new holy grail product!

      Delete
  2. Oh I want my box! I just emailed them to find out what might have happened to it. I love these boxes by Marie Claire. Thanks for giving me a prior sqiz at the contents I am missing (and missing out on!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get your box soon! Like all Parcel boxes it's a beauty!

      Delete
  3. Wow this is a pretty decent box! I'm not subscribed to any at the moment so I might check this one out ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG what a great box! I am so jealous right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always sign up for the next box.

      Delete
  5. I enjoy your beauty box reviews. This one looks like great value for money. I'd use everything in this box. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Bec! I'll be using everything apart from the tea in this box also!

      Delete
  6. This looks just fabulous. I unsubscribed from a box recently as I was fed up of getting nail varnish that even my little girls turned their noses up at. This looks just perfect, thanks for the recommendtaion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, if even your little girls didn't like the nail polish I'd hate to see what shade it was!

      Delete
    2. Oh dear, if even your little girls didn't like the nail polish I'd hate to see what shade it was!

      Delete
  7. I don't subscribe to any boxes but I am hearing more and more good things about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Parcel boxes seem to be the best products and the best value for money I've seen. (And no, I am not paid to say that and neither am I affiliated in any way with them, just my honest opinion).

      Delete
  8. What an excellent box! I gave my mother a tub of that Boots day cream, and she's super keen on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear the positive feedback from your mum. I haven't opened this product yet but am looking forward to using it.

      Delete
  9. Ooh ooh ooh! I definitely need that Estee Lauder dark spot correcting one. I need something to work on those age spots at night. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After seeing all the pigmentation in my skin via the Dermalogica skin scanner this Estee Lauder skin Enlighten product was the first product I opened and started using!

      Delete
  10. Hmm, I signed up for this a few months ago but haven't received anything. Better chase that up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some other people are only receiving their boxes now as well. Maybe the posting of them was slightly staggered.

      Delete
  11. I don't subscribe to any beauty boxes, but this one looks like a winner. I particularly like the sounds of the Boots product, I always stock up on their range when I visit my sister in the UK. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travelling O/S is such a good time to stock up on beauty products!

      Delete
  12. This Marie Claire parcel looks amazing! It is great value. I agree about the tea though. Not really related to the beauty box. Bron x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an awesome box. They're are some that I see and they're a bit hit and miss. But this looks the bomb. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I drink that tea...will I become ageless? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it does make you ageless let me know and I'll grit my teeth and drink some too!

      Delete
  15. Oh god... I feel ashamed just looking at the picture of that woman in the promo stuff. I'm blotchy, red and puffy looking.... The box looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this is great value for $25 and a fantastic pressie for any mum these days! Anything to helping those wrinkles that keep appearing !

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need me some of that Age Defying Gel. I look forward to hearing how the products went on your skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the subscription boxes you can get now. It is like a little gift each month. So exciting. Who doesn't love good mail.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oooh like that there's n option for over 30s ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what a great box! What were they thinking of with that tea?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Estee Lauder Dark Spot Correcting Serum is of most interest to me. What a great box! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving this product! Unfortunately I'll probably need to buy some after my sample is finished! I wish it were cheaper!

      Delete
  22. This sounds so good! Definitely a box my mum would love to subscribe too!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    Btw I’ve made an anonymous survey that I would love for you to have a look at! It aims to gather data on rates for sponsored posts, so that new bloggers can be better informed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this parcel! Thanks for linking up with me. Bron x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have never heard of this subscription box! I cancelled Birchbox and just tried Ipsy, but I love how this targets aging skin....I'm intrigued, for sure :) Thanks!

    #SITSblogging

    ReplyDelete
  25. Finally my Parcel arrived! Blown away by the quality ingredients and value. This supbscription box is one of the best. (Mine arrived just after our chat!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad your Parcel arrived safely and that you love it! It really is the best I've seen!

      Delete
  26. I'm not subscribed to the parcel but I'm definitely tempted now!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm a bit of a cynic about all these products and their alleged claims TBH. But yes it's nice to feel pampered once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wowee this looks fabulous Ingrid - thanks so much for the article, just what I need hon! ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sold me hon - just signed up. What a pity you don't get bonus boxes for referrals!

      Delete
    2. I wish! I hope you love these boxes as much as I do Kat!

      Delete
  29. That's a great selection of goodies!! Looking forward to your reviews ob the DB pressed powder, I havent tried it, but I love their prods!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh I received this parcel as well and I love it. I was actually going to write a post about it however your post is great. I still like just looking at it at the moment! Thanks for sharing with us at #AnythingGoes link up and enjoy the products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading your review of this box!

      Delete
  31. What an awesome box! I am a herbal tea drinker, I would have drunk the tea too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Interesting that Revlon is now launching ageless skin products. I've still yet to find one that works for me. I might give Revlon a go...

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've had some issues with The Parcel billing me incorrectly and missing out on a box so I haven't renewed my subscription but this box looks really nice! The Estee Lauder serum sample looks great especially! x

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Sarah! I hope you followed up with The Parcel team about this! I haven't had any issues with them.

      Delete