Monday, 31 August 2015

Brite Organix - Pink Hair To Celebrate Spring!

Spring is finally in the air, the sun is out, flowers are blooming and birds are chirping! So what's a girl to do but give her hair a celebratory spring makeover - pink and curly!

Yes, after being inspired by numerous Instagram photos of girls with pink hair I could resist no longer, especially after I heard about Brite Organix Ethical Hair Colour One Day Colour For Dark Hair.

Brite One Day Colour is:
  • vegan
  • PETA accredited, and
  • ethically produced.

Brite Organix One Day Colour For Dark Hair in Pastel Pink
This temporary colour was super quick and easy to apply. I applied it onto my dry hair after my shower before getting dressed. To prevent my hands from turning pink I used disposable gloves. All you need to do is open the bottle, tip some colour into your gloved hand and then using your finger tips work it through your hair where you want the colour to be. It's honestly that simple!

When the colour is wet it can transfer onto clothing, hands and anything else it comes in contact with. This is the reason for me applying it after my shower and before I got dressed. I did get a little bit of colour onto my face and shoulders but this was easy to remove using makeup wipes. 

The instructions say you can leave your hair to dry naturally or use a hair dryer. As my hair was quite wet from the colour and I am not the most patient person I used my hairdryer! Five to ten minutes later my hair was dry and the colour was no longer transferable.

I then styled my hair using my Luxcurly Lux Natural auto rotating curling iron. The result -quick and easy girly pink and curly hair - perfect for spring!


Pink & Curly Spring Hair
Please note that I wore this black top to showcase to you the colour I achieved in my hair with this product. After taking the above photo I promptly changed into a spring friendly floral dress appropriate for celebrating not only spring but also my mum's surprise 80th birthday party!

I kept this pretty pink colour in my hair for 4 days. During this time no colour whatsoever transferred onto either my white bed linen or my clothes. Yay!

For those of you wondering how easy it was to remove this colour after 4 days, let me tell you it was easy peasy lemon squeezy! I simply shampooed my hair and the colour was gone! Just to be on the safe side I did double shampoo my hair before conditioning it but this was probably unnecessary. The instructions merely say to shampoo it once to remove.

Brite Organix One Day Colour for dark hair is affordably priced at $14.99. I estimate that the one 50ml bottle would be enough for at least 3 applications for me. This product also comes in Pastel Purple, as well as the Pastel Pink that I used. More information is available on the Brite Organix website HERE

Do you change your hair colour or style with the seasons?
Would you consider colouring your hair pink?

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on Instagram:

70 comments:

  1. Cool! I love it! I might even try it! I have been every colour under the sun but tend to stick with lightening my hair these days with the greys starting to peek through! #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that! Pink hair just like that- I love it! Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Sadly i have jet black hair, colouring is just too hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try as this colour is designed for dark hair. No bleaching required.

      Delete
  4. On Wednesdays, we wear pink! DF xo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I'd ever go pink, but it is great to see ethical products more readily available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of years ago I would have said I'd never go pink either! Lol!

      Delete
  6. Oh I do love your pink and curly hair! One of the dancers (the profesh not the celebrity) on Dancing with the Stars has pink hair! I would look silly but on you it looks great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Min! It's something fun to do and with a one day wash out colour like this I don't mind experimenting!

      Delete
  7. Love your hair. Mine is too dark to add colour over it and I have never dyed my hair (refuse to bleach first) but I will totally be getting the pink (or maybe purple... Hard to choose) one for my daughter's stocking this year. We were just talking about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This colour is designed for dark hair and there is no bleaching required. You should have a girly hair day and do both your and your daughter's hair. My daughter wants to do hers next time I do mine again.

      Delete
  8. Looking very pretty! I used to dye my hair when I was at Boarding School, just in time for my arrival home to Mum...I used food colouring so the removal wasn't as seamless as yours. LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! Food colouring sounds like it has the potential to transfer onto clothes and skin and remain there permanently!

      Delete
  9. Oh that is so cool! I would go something crazy just for a day. But it would only last a day on me because if I need to shampoo daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did delay shampooing my hair longer than normal!

      Delete
  10. Ooh, I like the pink hair! Would totally try it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had a pink strip in my hair for over 3 yrs... Pretty cool mum huh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooler than me! I've only ventured as far as the temporary pink colour so far!

      Delete
  12. Pink with curls! How pretty and just in time for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very girly of me at the ripe old age of being in my 40s! Lol!

      Delete
  13. I loooove this!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks gorgeous on you! xx

    www.sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine, your photo with pink hair was one of the ones that inspired me to go pink also! :)

      Delete
  15. Looks so lovely Ingrid! Glad you could try it out, and share with "Bloggers Who have Inspired Me" link up,
    Rachel xo

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love pink hair and I'll be giving this a go at some stage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post a photo on IG when you do. I'd love to see it!

      Delete
  17. I go pink with those 2 week dyes....I'm old, no one notices what I do with my hair anyway....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Figure I may as well entertain myself...

      Delete
  18. OMG I love this! I am totally the most boring person with hair so I think you are amazing that you try new and different things. I think I was jaded from my boy hair cut in my teens to try something new....perhaps I should. Thanks for popping past #reviewroundup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how teen haircut disasters leave such a lasting impact! I requested a wispy fringe as a teen and was given a full half head horrific fringe - took ages to grow out too!

      Delete
  19. This looks like a fun thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It really turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy! I appreciate your compliment! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Amy! I appreciate your compliment! :)

      Delete
  22. That looks ace. I love the idea of one day colour - now I want to think pink! Thanks for linking up to the Ultimate Rabbit Hole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Temporary colour is great when you just want to try a new colour but aren't sure if it will suit you!

      Delete
  23. I absolutely love this! I can't believe how well it turned out even with your dark hair! I've had many different colors in my hair before but I stopped doing it because the bleaching process was just too much upkeep. Super excited to see a product that I can start doing it again without the upkeep or commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I love! Wish I could do something like that with my jet black hair! Happy 80th birthday to your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Now this stuff looks fun! Might have to go pink once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how vibrant this lookson you! It looks very pretty with your hair curled like that too! I wonder how these colours would work on red hair :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would love to color my hair bright pink. This is really neat color. Thanks for sharing your post at the #AnythingGoes Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh this looks gorgeous. Sounds really easy to use. I would love to add some pink but I think I am sticking with red for now. Bron x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks great on you! I don't think I am game enough to go pink, even on the ends...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the pink hair. I would do this for sure. I see they have purple and blue too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. It looks fabolous and super easy too#AnythingGoes

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ah your hair looks stunning!! Wonder how well it would show up on darker hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely hair, it really suits you. #mummymondays

    ReplyDelete
  34. This colour looks amazing on you! There are a lot of hair dyes that don't work well on dark hair, so you've found a great one! xx

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
  35. Don't know where you find these products Ingrid - excellent choice and so pretty for the change of season hon ♥

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your post is my pick as one of the Feature Posts and the most read post for this week's #AnythingGoes Link Party. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sandy! I really appreciate it! ☺️

      Delete
  37. Hi Ingrid, your pink hair color.
    I would love to have you share this at Monday's Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Thanks.
    Julie @ Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Ingrid, thanks for joining and sharing about this hair color info at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    It looks fun!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  39. You really pulled this off! I have always wanted to try it, but have been too scared to. :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, being a temporary wash out colour it's easier being brave and experimenting! If I had of hated it I could have easily washed it out immediately.

      Delete
  40. What a fun temporary color! I love your curls too!

    ReplyDelete