Monday, 26 October 2015

Bloggers United AU Sydney Event

Bloggers United AU recently held its inaugural Sydney Event at the Cambridge Hotel in Surry Hills and I felt extremely lucky to be among the 40 Sydney bloggers who attended this amazing event.

Bloggers United AU was founded by Jasmine from Sweetaholic Beauty and Nikita from NJT Blogger

Bloggers United AU states its aims as being: "To make an amazing Australian community even better, to support all bloggers and help them gain more exposure, meet other people in the blogging community and to have fun doing what they love - blogging!"


The Bloggers United AU Sydney Team

The format of the Sydney event consisted of presentation sessions from the numerous, predominantly beauty brands, present. In between the sessions there were display tables set up around the room that bloggers could wander around and gather more information from, sampling some of the brands' products. 

Breaks were also utilised for meeting other bloggers in real life, who we may have only met online in the past! I was so excited to finally meet and sit next to the gorgeous Kimba from Kimba Likes, one of the very first bloggers I started following! I can happily share she is as lovely in real life as she is on her blog and social media!


Bloggers United AU Sydney Event

The first presentation was by Lisa from 360PR representing both Kryolan and Jean d'Arcel.
Lisa advised us that Kryolan has long been a favourite brand of professional makeup artists and is frequently used in theatre and television makeup. Kryolan is celebrating their 70th anniversary this year!

Lisa also spoke about Jean d'Arcel, another well established brand, with an emphasis on restorative skin care.


Bloggers United AU Sydney Event Presenter Lisa from 360PR 

Kryolan Display At Bloggers United AU Sydney Event

Lauren from Ego Pharmaceuticals was the next presenter. Ego Pharmaceuticals covers a large range of brands including QV Skin Care, SunSense, Aqium, MOOV and more. The brand Lauren spoke to us about at the event was the Elucent Whitening range of products. This range contains no bleaching ingredients but is all about creating an even skin tone and restoring your complexion. It is suitable for sensitive skin and sounds perfect for my ageing 40+ year old skin - yay! Look out for a future blog post about these products!


Bloggers United AU Sydney Event Presenter Lauren From Ego Pharm

Elucent Products Received At The Bloggers United AU Sydney Event

Weleda is a comprehensive, natural, biodynamic, organic and fair trade beauty, hair care, skin care and baby care brand! Sabine advised us that Weleda was founded in 1921 by Dr Rudolf Steiner.

I love Dr Steiner's quote :"The human body has the power to heal itself - it just needs a little bit from nature."

Sabine advised us that Weleda's best selling product is Skin Food which amazingly has remained unchanged since 1926! It was the second ever product Dr Steiner made and it is reportedly loved by Victoria Beckham, Adele and Rihanna! I'm always curious to try products that celebrities love!


Weleda Product Display At Bloggers United AU Sydney Event

Weleda Goodies Received From The Bloggers United AU Sydney Event

Kerrie from BeautyNext then presented us information about the exciting NYX coloured mascaras and also the soon to be released (in February 2016) Intense Butter Lip Gloss. She then handed around a lucky dip bag full of the Butter Lip Glosses out of which we were all able to pick one. I ended up with a pretty summery pink shade called Merengue. These lip glosses are very aptly named, mine definitely felt like it simply melted onto my lips when I applied it. NYX is stocked in Target stores. 


NYX Cosmetics Australia Colored Mascaras

Chantalle then presented about two of my favourite brands, firstly the established RosehipPLUS brand and then the new to Australia Natura Siberica brand.

RosehipPLUS has a range of skincare products all 100% pure and natural, and containing the "miracle" Rosehip Oil grown in the southern Andes in Chile. RosehipPLUS have just recently launched a new product, RosehipPLUS Organic Daily Cream Cleanser, which is reportedly great for removing waterproof makeup and eye makeup. I'll be putting it to the test later this week!

I have previously reviewed the RosehipPLUS product range here.


RosehipPLUS Product Display

Natura Siberica products are ICEA certified organic with unique ingredients consisting of wild harvested herbs and flowers sourced from Siberia. As their base ingredient they all contain Siberian pine seed oil which is very rich in Vitamin E and Vitamin F, in fact it's 3 times richer in this than cod liver oil! Luckily the Natura Siberica product range is also very affordable with nothing over $30! I love that!

Natura Siberica Product Display 

Galina from Elements Bioactive was the next presenter. She described skin care as being "skin insurance" and protection of your skin for the future. Elements Bioactiv does not use any ingredients that could be toxic or harmful to your skin, it doesn't test on animals and doesn't use any synthetic fragrances.

Skin is our body's largest organ and interestingly Galina showed us a 2 squared metre piece of fabric and advised us that this is how much skin an average adult has. She then showed us a banana peel to demonstrate the thickness of our skin.

Elements Bioactiv is a skincare range that is used by professional beauty therapists. I haven't used these products before and am looking forward to using the three products we were gifted from this range.


Elements Bioactiv Products 

During this event we all had the opportunity to have a mini makeover using the Williams Pro Makeup range. Azzi Williams, an international makeup artist and the creator of this brand introduced us to her amazing Zero Powder which launched in August 2015. 

Zero Powder is an all-in-one translucent setting, finishing and HD powder with 100% natural ingredients. It blurs imperfections and helps keep skin clear, youthful and healthy! It locks in your makeup to make it last longer and photograph better.

This product has zero talc, zero paraben, zero silica, and results in zero camera flashback. It's a product I definitely need but didn't quite know how much, until I tried it!

Williams Pro Makeup also has some exciting new products in the pipeline including a highlighter and lip setting & mattifying powder.  


Bloggers United AU Presenter Azzi Williams From Williams Pro Makeup

Williams Pro Makeup Zero Powder & Kabuki Brush

The final presenter was Yong Li, the CEO from Enbacci, a luxury unisex skin care brand she developed with her mum. Yong Li described her long haul flight Enbacci skin care regime consisting of the Rejuvenating Essence Mist, a Detoxifying Clay Mask (which is nude in colour and goes clear on), a moisturiser and the Enbacci Moisturising Hand & Nail Cream. Now if only I had a long haul flight planned! Luckily my skin will benefit from these products on land as well!

Enbacci CEO Yong Li

Enbacci Products

As if all the above presentations, networking and product sampling were not enough, at the end of the day all the brands present, as well as brands who'd been unable to make it on the day, gifted us with generous goodie bags of products. Thank you so much to all the brands and PRs involved! I will be trialing, reviewing, photographing and blogging about these products in the upcoming days, weeks and months! 

Bloggers United AU Sydney Event Goodie Bag Contents!

I would also like to say a big thank you to the four Bloggers United AU Sydney Event team members for all their hard work and dedication in putting this event together. It was much appreciated!


Which of the above brands or products are you most interested in? 


xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:

* These products were kindly gifted to attendees at this event. Full disclosure policy here.

74 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fab time! I would have been lost in amongst all those beauty brands. I just don't speak the language. But that goody bag! WOW! #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did also have non beauty brands present including Social Order fashion, Jura & KFit.

      Delete
  2. Amazing coverage of the day. It was lovely to meet you at the event. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so very lovely meeting you too Nikita. Thank you so much for all your hard work in organising this amazing event!

      Delete
  3. Ah, was it a beauty blogger event? Looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, it was an event for any type of blogger, vlogger or social media guru, although the majority did appear to be beauty bloggers.

      There also were non beauty brands there on the day including Jura Coffee Machines, Social Order Fashion & KFit. My blog post was getting too long so I concentrated this post on the beauty brands! Ingrid

      Delete
  4. Must have been the weekend for blogger events! I attended The Doll Connection in Brisbane which was a blast. This looks like it would have been awesome as well! Some great brands there which I'd love to try and learn more about. Looking forward to your upcoming reviews. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your Doll Connection post. Sounds like that was a brilliant event also!

      Delete
  5. Uh! This looked like fun. Everything looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely fun! You should keep your eye out for the next one! I'd love to meet you at one of these events.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to attend one of these in Melbourne! I missed the last one. Can't believe how well these girls are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they will have something in Melbourne again soon!

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for supporting our new brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving your ZeroPowder! Will have to include it in a separate blog post soon!

      Delete
  8. I actually wouldn't use any of them! I'm soooo not a beauty blogger type :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did also have a coffee company, a fitness app & an online fashion brand present!

      Delete
  9. Natura Siberica! It's popping up everywhere lately! I'm going to try to win some lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of the Natura Siberica products I have tried so far my favourite is the Oblepikha Siberica Honey Body Scrub! It smells absolutely divine! Good luck with the competitions. Knowing your luck you'll hopefully be successful!

      Delete
  10. Looks like it was a great event. Some products here I haven't heard of, so I'll check them out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of some of the products here before this event either!

      Delete
  11. That's a great looking goodie bag! Hope you had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a bit surreal seeing other bloggers and brand reps in person rather than virtually!

      Delete
  12. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! We are definitely trying to make our events more versatile and not just all beauty, but that will happen slowly as we learn about things outside of our own niche :)
    I really wish I had more of a chance to chat with you haha but it was nice meeting you! Next time I'm in Sydney we'll need to catch up ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to meet up with you again Jasmine and chat about all things beauty and blogging!

      Delete
  13. Looks like it was a fantatic event! So jealous that you got to meet Chantalle from RosehipPLUS & Natura Siberica, I love those two natural brands. Having just been to my first blogger event on the weekend I now appreciate what a valuable networking opportunity they are ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chantalle and Lisa were both there! Blogging events are great for networking and meeting bloggers and brand reps in real life, aren't they!

      Delete
  14. Oh my gosh! You get to go to the best events. I should have become a beauty blogger. *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloggers United events aren't restricted to Beauty Bloggers! They are open to all types of bloggers from my understanding.

      Delete
  15. Such a fabulous review of the event and a snap shot into the goodie bag! We really were spoilt xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great wrap-up of what sounds like a truly amazing event. That goodie bag! I hoep they come to Adelaide!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep an eye out on the Bloggers United Au Facebook page as to where they are heading next.

      Delete
  17. Great summary of the whole event, Ingrid! And you took such lovely shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cant wait for the next Melbourne event! So glad you enjoyed yourself! DF xoxo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DF! Hopefully the next Melbourne event will happen soon!

      Delete
  19. I saw this all over Instagram! Looked like amazing times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I attended the event I still enjoyed looking and commenting on everyone's Instagram photos!

      Delete
  20. Great goodie bag!! You're set now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a lot of products to blog about now!

      Delete
  21. Looked like a great event! I love Weleda products. Actually, I love anything that helps us all to age positively ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older I get the more I appreciate skincare products!

      Delete
  22. What a great event and fabulous opportunity to meet other bloggers. I'm now in regional Qld so don't get to do so very often and it can be a bit isolating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least with the internet you can connect with bloggers from anywhere! Imagine how much more isolating regional areas would have been prior to the internet existing!

      Delete
  23. Wow! What a great event and I can only wish they come down to Melbourne!!! What a amazing goodie bag and there are some brands I have never even heard of. Enbacci is one I would love to find out more about - got to love someone who creates something with their mum :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bloggers United AU team founders are from Victoria so they are most likely going to have another event there sooner rather than later. Keep an eye on their facebook and instagram accounts.

      Delete
  24. Looks like an amazing event and one that makes you proud to be a blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloggers are the best type of people! Bloggers just "get" other bloggers!

      Delete
  25. Replies
    1. Meeting other bloggers I've only ever met online before is so much fun!

      Delete
  26. Wow the event looked amazing! It's going to take you some time to get through that goodie bag, looking forward to the reviews :D

    Fatima // Lipsticks and Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll definitely take quite a bit of time to work through trialing all these products as I like to use skincare products for a good 3-4 weeks before writing a review of them!

      Delete
  27. Oh man, bloggers are my favourite people! It looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun meeting other bloggers in real life! I wish I could do this more often!

      Delete
  28. Replies
    1. I'm a bit overwhelmed at which products to trial first!

      Delete
  29. Jealous - if only I lived in Sydney and could have swung an invite! Glad you had a good time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they'll come to your state next :)

      Delete
  30. Wow. That's one incredible goodie bag! In my quest to go low tox I've tried and are loving weleda products. Look forward to hearing more about the product samples. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an awesome goodie bag and so hoping they will spread their love to Adelaide. Can't wait to hear your reviews.

    Hostie from Weekend Rewind - aquirkybird.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I used Weleda products all throughout my pregnancy and the first months of motherhood. Loved how it was so gentle for my skin. Looks like you had a great time and surrounded by awesome bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What an amazing event. I definitely need the whitening products. I have a lot of skin damage and freckles and have been through so many products to try to even out my skin tone. And I have't been to a blogging event for ages. Always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello my friend! I would like to tell you that this write-up is awesome, great written and include almost all important info. I would like to see a lot more articles like this. Try
    Natural Skin Care for glowing and clear skin.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Looks like such a fun event; so many brands, so many products and best of all, the chance to catch up with some of your favourite bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm so jelly! I'll definitely be going next time!

    aussieasianbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep an eye out on the Bloggers United AU facebook page for future events.

      Delete
    2. Keep an eye out on the Bloggers United AU facebook page for future events.

      Delete
  37. It was great seeing you there! I had so much fun at BU i hope there will be more of these bloggers events :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a great event! Looks like it was lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lucky you being at such a great event. Awesome you got to meet Kimba, jealous! She was an inspiration to me not long ago to be more adventurous with fashion. Got me out of a terrible clothing rut :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow this looked like an amazing event! You're so lucky to have been able to meet all the bloggers! I'd love to go next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Living in Belgium, I can only dream of visiting a blogger's conference.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.
    I'm stopping by from #anythinggoes.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hello my friend! I would like to tell you that this write-up is awesome, great written and include almost all important info. I would like to see a lot more articles like this.Try This for beautiful clear and clean skin
    Organic Skin Care

    ReplyDelete
  43. I so appreciate you sharing your post at the #AnythingGoes Link Party. I'm looking forward to what you'll share with us next week.

    ReplyDelete