Monday, 5 October 2015

How To Get The Spring Racing Look

Spring brings with it many wonderful things - blue skies, warmer weather, chirping birds and fragrant flowers. Spring also heralds the arrival of the Spring Racing season. 

Spring racing beauty and fashion, including the Melbourne Cup, are all about fun, vibrant and fresh colours. Think vivid pinks, shimmery purples and fresh peachy colours.

However you don't have to attend the races to enjoy wearing on-trend Spring fashions and especially Spring makeup.

I was very excited to be gifted makeup items from Colour Theory's latest collection which are all perfect for the Spring Racing season. 

Colour Theory Spring Racing Look Makeup 

Colour Theory is an affordable cosmetics brand with over 100 products in its range covering face, cheeks, eyes, lips and nails. Prices start from $4 with nothing over $10. Colour Theory is exclusive to Amcal, Amcal Max and Guardian Pharmacies. It is also available online at www.amcal.com.au.

Steps To Getting The Colour Theory Spring Racing Makeup Look:

Step 1: Face
Start by applying a moisturiser that contains a high level SPF. You don't want to get sunburnt whilst enjoying yourself outdoors for a significant period of time. 

Use a primer to smooth your skin and help your makeup stay on for longer, especially if you are out on the track on a warm day. Use a dewy finish foundation to give yourself a fresh youthful Spring look. 

Step 2: Cheeks
Enhance your cheek bones and give them a radiant healthy flush of colour using Colour Theory blush in Peachy Keen ($6).

Colour Theory Blush: Peachy Keen

Step 3: Eyes
Use the gorgeous Verry Berry Eye Shadow Palette ($10) to add Spring colour to your eyelids. For the best effect add the lighter highlighting colours to the inside of your lids and also to highlight your brow bone.

The combination of shades on the Verry Berry Eye Shadow Palette allows you to create numerous different Spring appropriate looks.


Colour Theory Verry Berry Eye Shadow Palette
Lengthen, volumise and curl lashes with Colour Theory Define Mascara ($8). This opens up your eye to give a youthful look.


Colour Theory Define Mascara

Step 4: Lips
Use Colour Theory Lip Liner in Sorority Sista ($6) to line and fill your lips to help your colour stay put a lot longer. This lip liner feels moisturising and is ultra-smooth to apply. 

Apply Colour Theory Lipstick shade In The Pink ($6) over the top of your liner filled lips. This lipstick is a beautiful fresh almost pearlised colour. It is well pigmented and gives a lasting pop of beautiful colour whilst still being hydrating on your lips.



Colour Theory In The Pink Lipstick & Sorority Sista Lip Liner

Step 5: Nails
As the final finishing touch to your Spring Racing makeup be sure to add a bright, vibrant colour to your nails that complements the outfit you are wearing. The Colour Theory Nail Polish in Va Va Voom Pink ($4) is the perfect vibrant pink Spring colour. For best results apply the Colour Theory Base and Top Coat ($4) before and after the polish.

Colour Theory Nail Polish in Va Va Voom Pink
Step 6: Fragrance
As a final finishing touch spritz some floral Spring fragrance on and you're ready to go!

Fashion Note:
For the fashonistas amongst you, the background in the photos above is the David Jones Spring Racing 2015 catalogue featuring a gorgeous Anthea Crawford dress on her and a smart Anthony Squires outfit on him.

You can also see loads more Spring Racing Fashions by clicking on the Iconic ad below.



Do You Change Your Makeup Choices 
Depending On What Season It Is?

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on Instagram:

* The Colour Theory products photographed were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. Full disclosure policy here.

55 comments:

  1. I had some Colour Theory sent to me as well and I'm excited to try them! I adore the shades you received! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shades are gorgeous for Spring aren't they! I saw many other lovely shades on the Amcal website too. I look forward to reading your review to see which shades you received.

      Delete
  2. I'm seriously tempted by that eyeshadow palette - and the prices are just right so maybe I should just give in to the temptation!

    #teamIBOT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one occasion when you really should give in to temptation - Colour Theory eye shadow palettes are so affordably priced! With the five different shades you can create quite a few different looks.

      Delete
  3. Oh i like thr look of that eyeshadow palette, Purple is my go to eyeshadow colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of the palette you got! I have a few CT products to try out as well and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing photos of which Colour Theory products you try.

      Delete
  5. amazing post dear! I love it:)

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ira! I appreciate you visiting, reading and commenting on my blog :)

      Delete
  6. I'm just working on a Colour Theory post too. The lip liner is my favourite - lasts forever and really good quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading your post and seeing which shades you received. I agree about the lip liner being really good quality. I've used it quite a lot since receiving it.

      Delete
    2. I think it's time to invest in some lip liner - this one looks great. I love that the products don't cost $8533 million bucks! More for less! That nail polish colour is stunning too.

      Delete
  7. Such gorgeous colours for Spring. I don't normally change my makeup much but I shall definitely keep these tips in mind for my Melbourne Cup event at work - thank you xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. No I don't. but I probably should!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your tips for Spring Racing Ingrid. I met my hubby at the races. Might have to persuade him to go again this year, as it's been too long. At least I'll be right for my look! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sadly I can't wear makeup as my face sweats too much... though I do wear lipstick on special occasions.

    I have to say I HATED the races as I never really felt like I was sufficiently frocked up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, makeup should change with our wardrobe seasonally. Love these gorgeous fresh shades for Spring! x K

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! I'm actually heading to the races tomorrow and have been running around today to find a hat! These are great tips - yes must remember primer and sunscreen (always my downfall at the races with English rose skin). What a timely post and thanks for linking up to #reviewroundup

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know I'm displaying my ignorance here but.. primer? So that's something different to foundation? My make up always seems to start sliding off by the end of the day so that sounds like something I should look into! #notabeautyblogger ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Primer is definitely worth looking into to make your foundation last longer without sliding off your face.

      Delete
  14. I love the shades of the lip liner and nail polish. I haven't tried Colour Theory, but love how affordable the products are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the beautiful Spring shades I received :) I'm wearing the nail polish on my toes this week. I love being able to expose my toes in this glorious warmer weather we are having!

      Delete
  15. Oh I love the nail polish. My eyes are normally simple with black winged liner, I like to go to town on my lips and love Sportsgirl's lipstick range. The pink nailpolish would go wonderfully with my fave lippy of theirs, Queen B. Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Wednesdays we wear pink! Oh what the heck, let's wear pink every day!

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. It's such a happy vibrant Spring colour, isn't it!

      Delete
  17. I've never been to the races, I'm sure I could find a Jamberry wrap to match the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamberry wraps seem like such an amazing beauty nail accessory! A design for every occasion!

      Delete
  18. Oh goodie - another makeup range for me to explore! Absolutely change my colours with the seasons xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With blogging I am constantly discovering beautiful new beauty brands! I love the quality of product and affordability of this brand.

      Delete
  19. I love Colour Theory lip liners! I own about five or six I think, they're such a good combo of creamy and waxy- with excellent staying power! That blush looks really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Colour Theory lip liners are a new favourite of mine too :)

      Delete
  20. Beautiful colours! I have not heard of this brand before. I hope I can go to the races this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a new brand to me too! They are sold through Amcal and Guardian pharmacies.

      Delete
  21. I like to go a little pinky peachy in the warmer weather and save the berry tones for winter, I think it helps that my face tans quite well so I have an excuse to buy more stuff - I mean . . . change my colours up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe - buying more stuff - oops I mean, changing your colours in Spring is always good!

      Delete
  22. I love the look of that eye palette. Mine current one is on its last legs and needs replacing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colour Theory is a beautiful and affordable brand!

      Delete
  23. I love this time of year with all the pretty dresses and glamorous looks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is such a pretty and colourful time of year!

      Delete
  24. A lovely floral frock just says SPRING to me! Pretty make up to go with it and I feel like a new me. Lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love floral frocks! No wonder I love Spring!

      Delete
  25. I love checking out the fashionistas who attend Spring Carnival. These products sound perfect for the occasion xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dressing up in Spring, whether to attend the races or a social gathering at a friends house, and utilising the gorgeous Spring makeup colours is so much fun!

      Delete
  26. Gorgeous colours for Spring. I love getting frocked up for the races.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous colours for Spring aren't they!

      Delete
  27. I love those eye shadow colours. I did buy some Color Theory polish when I was at the chemist last. It was a deep blue colour. Good thing I am due to go back there soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Verry Berry eye shadow palette colours are gorgeous!

      A deep blue nail polish also sounds stunning! I may have to visit Amcal again myself!

      Delete
  28. Never been to the races, but I hope you have a wonderful time #mummymondays

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love trying out different eye shadows. Your post has reminded me I needed to get a good primer!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the colour selection you have here and they really go well together. This line looks like high quality for a low price.Tell them to come on over to Canada! :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. I so appreciate you sharing your post at the #AnythingGoes Link Party. I'm looking forward to what you'll share with us next week.

    ReplyDelete