Monday, 9 November 2015

Jamberry Nail Wraps

One thing I have always envied is beautiful and intricate nail art designs. Some girls are just so artistic and talented! Unfortunately I have never been able to replicate this on my own nails despite many, many attempts. My nail art attempts have all ended up looking like a toddler's art work - not a good look at all!

As a result I was excited when I discovered Jamberry Nail Wraps. Jamberry nail wraps are new to Australia and are a non-toxic adhesive vinyl wrap for nails.

They have an amazingly huge selection of designs in a variety of finishes including clear, glossy, metallic, matte, sparkle etc to match every possible occasion.

The two big questions I had after seeing the Jamberry nail wraps were:
Are these nail wraps easy to apply? and
Will they look any good when applied by a beginner such as myself?

Luckily for me Renee Wilson, from Mummy Wife Me blog has become an independent Jamberry Consultant and she kindly offered me the opportunity to trial two Jamberry Nail Wrap designs for myself to see how they worked. See Renee's Jamberry shop site here for more design options.

I chose the retro cute "Cup of Tea" design with roses on a black and white polka dotted background. My second choice was the glamorous "Silver Floral On Magenta", a striking bright pink wrap featuring a metallic silver filigree design. 

Jamberry Nail Wraps

The process for applying the wraps really was simple. The steps are:
  • push back your cuticles and clean your nails with a nail prep wipe or rubbing alcohol
  • match your nail to the nail wrap that best fits
  • cut the nail wraps in half as each of the above pictured nail wraps are sufficient to do two nails, peel off the nail wrap and warm the adhesive side for 3-5 seconds
    (I used a hair dryer for this)
Jamberry Nail Wrap
  • While warm, press the nail wrap onto your nail. Apply firm pressure to adhere the nail wrap securely to your nail (I initially used my thumb to apply pressure and then the rubber cuticle pusher to remove any air bubbles. It's a lot like smoothing out the air bubbles when applying contact but a lot easier due to the smaller size!)
  • Remove excess by trimming the top with scissors and filing off the remainder of the wrap
  • Apply heat (once again I used my hair dryer) and pressure until the wrap is bonded to your nail (I did this for about 20 seconds).
Image Credit: Jamberry
  • Voila! Stunning nail wraps applied! 
Jamberry Nail Wraps

The biggest tip I have is to make sure you choose the appropriate size nail wrap for each finger. I learnt from other people's mistakes to make sure that the nail wraps I chose for each nail were slightly smaller than my nail. If the wrap overlaps onto your skin it is more likely to start peeling and lifting off your nail. Jamberry nail wraps are designed to last for about 2 weeks on your finger nails and up to 6 weeks on your toe nails.

Jamberry wraps are priced at $22 a sheet. If you buy three sheets you get an additional sheet for free. Each sheet should be sufficient for two manicures and two pedicures. You can make these sheets last for even more manicures by combining some lacquered finger nails and some nail wrapped finger nails. I love the look of one highlight nail Jamberry wrapped and the rest lacquered.

Image Credit: Jamberry
It's been 7 days since I've applied my Jamberry nail wraps and despite washing my hair with my hands, being naughty and washing the dishes each night without wearing gloves, and doing housework, my nail wraps are still firmly in place with no sign of any peeling. There's been no smudging and no chipping. The wraps are as perfect as the day I applied them! I highly recommend these nail wraps. 

Jamberry Nail Wraps can be purchased from Renee's Jamberry site.

Don't forget to enter my Natura Siberica Hair Product Competition. 
Click here. Competition ends on 18/11/15.

Are you any good at nail art?
Have you ever used any nail wraps? 
Is it something that you would consider? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:

* These Jamberry nail wraps were kindly gifted to me to trial and review. All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.



52 comments:

  1. Ingrid! They look absolutely amazing. I'm so pleased you loved them so much and had fun using them. Thanks so much for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Renee! I can't believe how easy these nail wraps were to use and how well they have lasted on my nails. I'm very impressed by them!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE my jams. Wearing Marsala Palace right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After my successful trial of these jams, I suspect I'll be jamming along on a regular basis!

      Delete
  3. The designs are so cute! you did a fab job at putting them on! The first time I put mine on it was a bit of a disaster and left my old nail polish on oops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily! You can put them over the top of nail polish. I think the most important thing is not to have them overlap onto your skin because that's when they can start peeling off.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the review - I've been wanting to know more. Off to check out Renee's shop :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Christmas themed wraps look tempting as do quite a few of the other simpler yet elegant styles.

      Delete
  5. I think Jamberry's are great fun, I have tried a couple and even though I need a bit of practice to get them really smooth, I think they look fabulous. #TeamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamberrys are great fun! My daughter's giving me hints about the designs she likes too!

      Delete
  6. I have used other nail wraps before but am keen to give Jamberry a go eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamberry are the first nail wrap I have used. It would be interesting to hear your comparison of Jamberry with other nail wraps.

      Delete
  7. I'm actually going to give it a go this weekend! I'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing photos of which nail wrap design you chose.

      Delete
  8. Wow I'm impressed they last so long! They sound awesome! :) They look pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've just reminded me that Renee sent some for my daughter to use! We've been saving them because she's not allowed to wear painted nails to school. Now where did I put them??? Somewhere safe of course ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strictly speaking they're not "painted" nails - hehe! But I don't know if this technicality would allow your daughter to wear them to school. Oh well the Christmas school holidays aren't that far away!

      Delete
  10. I love them too. They're so much fun. This is a great review and guide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good fun! I especially love the look of the special occasion designs!

      Delete
  11. Yes, that was my problem - some of the wraps were a bit too big for my nails. They look great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look amazing and I have a sample here to try.....you have given me the inspiration to try. Doesn't look too hard but is a winner in my book and your nails look hot!!! b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad I've inspired you to apply your Jamberries too!

      Delete
  13. These look lovely, Ingrid! I always have my toenails pedicured, but don't bother with my fingernails as they're always in contact with paint and ink.
    I have no doubt Renee will be a fab consultant, as she's all about making people happy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I haven't been lucky enough to meet Renee in person but she seems very lovely from my interactions with her over social media and through her blog.

      Delete
  14. I'm loving my Jamberries. They get so many comments from shop assistants when you go to pay! I'm finally getting better at judging which size to use for which finger and applying them well. I've been lucky enough to win some wraps, and then I bought some from Renee too. Lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I forget I'm wearing the nail wraps but when I pay for anything it always reminds me!

      Delete
  15. Your sheet/wraps are so pretty and perfect for the fall. I had trouble administering my first set of wraps and need to give them another try.
    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me"
    Rachel xo
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! Definitely give them another go.

      Delete
  16. They sound great! Can't believe they last so long without chipping. I'll have to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nail wraps don't chip, it's more a case of they start lifting up at the edges after 10-14 days.

      Delete
  17. I'm so hooked on these. I just took mine off and we're surprised they lasted a full 2 weeks. Now to decide which design to apply next! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many great designs to choose from!

      Delete
  18. Love my Jamberry collection. I have on the October exclusive wraps at the moment and am loving them. I can normally get about 10 days out of them until they start showing a few issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I removed mine after 12 days. The wrap on one little finger did fall off earlier, although I had unthinkingly been rubbing at it.

      Delete
  19. I got a sample recently so I should give them a go. Your look great and lasting for 12 days is pretty good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so in love with Jamberry nail wraps, I started selling them! The only problem is with over 300+ designs to choose from, I am forever wanting to change my wrap. 2 weeks of perfect looking nails is a long time to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm seeing some amazing designs and lovely looking fingers out there at the moment. As someone who isn't the most coordinated person when it comes to beauty, these look surprisingly easy. Great to hear they last so long too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look terrific on you Ingrid - thanks for the tip too, I'd written these off after reading some poor reviews. Love the designs you chose ♡

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that design! I trialled some a little while ago and they look great for so long! I am with Sammie though, I like to change things up every few days! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a convert too - I stocked up on a bunch of designs to see me through the festive season!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh, I need to try these. Great job, Ingrid, your nails look great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's interesting to read about Jamberry nail wraps as I've heard about it everywhere. I guess the fact that you won't have a mess like nail polishes do and that it lasts up to 7 days with the normal activities you do, makes it worth while.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I've seen these around. They look awesome, and I have already checked out Renee's Jamberry account and will buy some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. A few lovely people I know have been selling these - I thought they would look a bit naff but I eat my words because they actually look fabulous on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can't do nail art to save my life but I do love watching videos of it on FB! Jamberry nails look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love all the different patterns available in these nail wraps, they are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nowadays, a good source of income is a must. Like for mommieis, your opportunity is good to try. Keep up!
    For more business tips visit Network Marketing Tips For Success

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nowadays, a good source of income is a must. Like for mommieis, your opportunity is good to try. Keep up!
    For more business tips visit Network Marketing Tips For Success

    ReplyDelete