Monday, 16 November 2015

Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection Lipsticks - Review and Swatches

The nude lip trend is all the rage at the moment and I fully understand why! It looks chic, stylish and sophisticated! Just like Kate Moss! So who better than Kate Moss for Rimmel London to collaborate with to create a range of long lasting nude lipsticks.

Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection Lipsticks
L to R: #40, #42, #43, #45 & #48

The trick to rocking a nude lip is choosing the right nude for your skin colouring and natural lip colour. Thankfully Rimmel London have made this a lot easier with the launch of five varying nude shades in their Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection Lipsticks

The five shades are numbered rather than named. Not all of these shades suit everyone as will be evident from my photos below, however I believe everyone will find their own perfect shade in this collection!   


All the photos below were taken in natural light only with no flash and no editing whatsoever!

Shade #40 is the palest nude in the collection with a subtle pink undertone. It is designed to suit fair skinned beauties. Unfortunately this shade is too pale for my colouring.

#40 Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection Lipstick

Shade #42 is a beautiful pale pink nude shade on my lips. Interestingly when I swatched it on my arm it looked more peach-y but on my lips it has transformed into a lovely pink shade. I guess the message is that it's good to actually sample and trial these shades on your lips and not just swatch them on your arm. 

#42 Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection Lipstick

Shade #43 is a tan nude shade which would suit warm toned, olive skinned beauties.

#43 Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection Lipstick

Shade #45 is definitely my favourite in this collection. It's a gorgeous rose pink nude shade which I think would suit most people.

#45 Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection Lipstick

Shade #48 is the darkest in the collection. It is a dark nude, so dark that on my skin it doesn't really look like a nude at all, but I love this shade all the same.


#48 Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection Lipstick

The formulae of all these Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection lipsticks are moisturising, creamy and smooth. These lipsticks are super comfortable to wear.

All the shades last well but do need retouching after eating and drinking.

They are opaque with a lovely sheen finish. The lipsticks have a sweet fragrance to them which dissipates once on the lips.

These Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection lipsticks are well priced at $12.95 each. 

The perfect lipliner to accompany each of these lipsticks is the Rimmel Moisture Renew Universal Transparent Lipliner priced at $12.50.

The nude lips trend is perfect for the Australian Spring and Summer seasons! I'll definitely be embracing this nude trend with these Rimmel lipsticks!


Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection

Will you dare to bare this Spring & Summer?
Are you a lover of the nude lip trend? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:

* These products were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

Priceline

68 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. #45 really does seem to suit everyone! I love it!

      Delete
  2. Arent they gorgeous!!! My fav is #48 and #43

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nude lippies! 45 and 48 look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the nude trend too! I suspect it will be around for a long time!

      Delete
  4. The last two "nudes" are my favourites, I would definitely wear both of them. When I'm in the mood for nude, my lippie of choice is a sheer gloss lip crayon by Face of Australia, in "Sundae" ;-)

    Visiting from #teamIBOT xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're my favourites too, together with 42.

      Delete
  5. I love them, but they are a little drying on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's no good! Luckily I haven't found them drying on my lips.

      Delete
  6. I love a nude lip colour. The 43 was my favourite, although I loved the 48 too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good how there's a nude shade to suit everyone!

      Delete
  7. Oh my! I LOVE #42 on you the best! I never thought to try that shade, now I want to try it!! I just got 45 as you know from IG and I'm enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #42 has grown on me. Although it was not my favourite to begin with I do find myself reaching for this shade more and more.

      Delete
  8. 42 is my favourite - I love Rimmel lippies but haven't popped on any of these yet (oh did somebody say 40% off cosmetics sale at Priceline???)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect time to go Rimmel shopping in the sale!

      Delete
  9. I have actually started wearing #40 a lot, even though I'm warm-skinned and am tanning a bit lately! Love #45 on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only worn nude a handful of times but looking at your pictures I was totally wearing too light a shade for my tanned skin, no wonder I looked sick! I'd love to try it again and this range looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to experiment with a couple of different nude shades to find the best one for you.

      Delete
  11. I adore nude shades of lippy. Mine has to have a pink base to it though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this post! What a great idea to take photos trying each one! Love #45! These are totally something I would wear. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the middle three shades - the first is too pale and I don't consider the last one to be a nude shade at all. But those three middle ones look really good on you Ingrid!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have yet to find a nude lip I can rock. My skin tone is very warm and nudes just tend to wash me out completely. #48 would be my pick because it does not look like a nude :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They all look gorgeous on you hun. I do love me a good nude... actually I dont wear much else xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love number 43 too. Nudes certainly suit you. Bron x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am going to have to check these out. #45 looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #45 is a gorgeous shade! I haven't yet met anyone who it doesn't suit!

      Delete
  18. These are beautiful, love 45, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think 48 is such a lovely color, but all look great on you!
    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me"
    Rachel xo
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  20. #43 looks great on you! Rimmel's prices seem to have gone up, but I've been out of the game for a "minute". I have always liked their makeup and still think the prices are reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Priceline often has various specials on Rimmel products. Unfortunately you've just missed the 40% off all cosmetics sale. Hopefully they'll have another special soon.

      Delete
  21. Oh thanks for sharing! I love nude lipsticks as I Iook silly in colours. I will definitely look for these at the shopping mall today. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nudes are very flattering on everyone I think!

      Delete
  22. Yep #45 is the nest on you and that would probably the one I would pick too. I do like #48 if you are going out though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a nude lip girl! I where nude lipstick all year round so I love the look of these!! #anythinggoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the nude lip trend never goes out of style!

      Delete
  24. Love all of these! I really like Shade #42 on you, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great price! I am most definitely getting some of this. I'm a little excited to see which shade is good for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a trial of the various shades in store to choose your most flattering one!

      Delete
  26. Ooooo, my sister rocks a nude lip like no one's business. I've never been able to pull it off. Maybe I need to keep trying different shades. Interesting. Priceline, here I come. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go and trial them in store! I'm sure one of them will suit you more than the others. Try #45!

      Delete
  27. I love number 48 what a lovely colour and it really suits you. That is the colour i love to wear. thanks for linking up #anythinggoes.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You totally rock these nudes, Ingrid! xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love #42, #43 & #45 on you! Doesn't hurt that their lippies aren't too expensive either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Rimmel's affordability! Paired together with Priceline's cosmetics sales, they're a bargain!

      Delete
  30. I think you look gorgeous in all of them Ingrid, but yes #45 is just that wee bit more special ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  31. Shades #42, #43 & #45 look great on you Ingrid! Me & nude lips aren't a match made in heaven (being pale & all, I look dead with concealer nudes) + I have highly pigmented lips as well, but I could easily rock #45, possibly #42.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good how Rimmel have launched such a selection of nudes so hopefully everyone can find at least one shade to suit them!

      Delete
  32. Great swatches Ingrid!!! I think that #45 suits you really well! I also received these and am looking forward to putting up some swatches as well.

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I look forward to seeing your swatches!

      Delete
  33. I really like your swatches! I currently have #48 but wish there was a shade between 45 and 48, since I think 45 is a little too light, and 48 is a little too dark for a perfect nude for me. I think 48 works as that 90s brown lip on my skin tone. I'm also so impressed with the long lasting formula of this lipstick. It's also so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The numbering sort of implies that maybe there are two shades between #45 & #48, or maybe will be in the future? Maybe they've released these overseas? You'd have to contact RImmel to ask them.

      Delete