Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Summer Essential: Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle

Summer in Australia means hot weather, lighter clothing, bare legs, frequent pool swims and numerous impromptu visits to the beach! It's not unusual for me to spend all day in my swim suit during the summer holidays and on weekends! This is such a fun and care free time of year but it does require some preparation.

Thus I was happy to recently discover the Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Razor. This is a  
2-in-1 razor and bikini trimmer. 


Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle 2-in-1 Razor & Bikini Trimmer

Firstly looking at the razor side of it, the Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Razor features:
  • a water-activated moisturising serum
  • unique skin guards
  • 5 curve sensing blades, &
  • an integrated stand.

Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle - Razor 

I found this razor to be brilliant. I shave my legs and armpits in the shower and I found the combination of the warm water and this razor's moisturising strip ensured the razor glided effortlessly over my skin and hydrated it whilst I was shaving. 

The size of the handle and its grip pattern made it easy to hold onto and use whilst in the wet shower environment.

The 5 curve sensing blades provided a very close shave, which is always good as my body hair seems to grow way too fast for my liking! My legs felt silky smooth and hydrated after the shower and shaving. I experienced no razor burn or irritation whatsoever.

Now looking at the Bikini Trimmer side of the Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle. Let me not beat around the bush, but say right up front I am not a Brazilian type of girl. I could think of nothing more painful or more embarrassing than attending a salon for a Brazilian wax. 

This Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle bikini trimmer is much more my style. It features:
  • an adjustable comb for a customised look 
  • a detachable trim blade for easy cleaning, &
  • is fully waterproof.

Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle - Bikini Trimmer

I like the adjustable comb with its four settings on this trimmer which allows me to customise the trim length and look I want, either shaving or trimming as little or as much as I want. This trimmer was quick, easy and convenient to use.

I appreciate the good quality Energizer AAA lithium battery included which should mean that I won't have to replace the battery for a long time.

Thanks Schick for helping me face the Summer swim suit season with confidence!


Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle 2-in-1 Razor & Bikini Trimmer

The Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle is priced at $21.99 and is widely available from Woolworths, Coles, KMart. IGA, Priceline, Chemist Warehouse and independent grocer stores.

How do you stay fuzz-free in summer? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:


Pinterest:

Facebook:

* This product was kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

16 comments:

  1. Oooh a bikini trimmer! I find that scary and intriguing at the same time. Not sure if I would trust myself but this review sounds so good I think I might have to check it out. A bit of DIY is easier than heading to the salon right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really scary in practice at all! You control the degree of trim you want by adjusting the comb setting!

      Delete
  2. I need to start thinking about this whole issue! It's getting close to swim season. Bron x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've looked every where for one of these! I need one ASAP. I'm the same , the idea of a Brazilian scares the crap out of me! This is perfect haahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find one soon! Check your local supermarkets.

      Delete
  4. I can't use a razor at all on my legs - I end up with massive shaving rash or one gigantic itch. I actually use the hubster's electice shaver! It's not as close a shave but it doesn't irritate my skin so I'm happy to live with it ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good you've found a solution for your legs' sensitive skin.

      Delete
  5. I saw this in the supermarket the other day. Love the idea of a bikini trimmer! So necessary for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bikini trimmer is such an easy solution. I love that you can adjust how much you end up trimming!

      Delete
  6. Im in desperate need of a new shaver, my current one has been grazing my legs its so old lol! I'll have a look for this today at Woolies! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Your legs will thank you for getting a new one!

      Delete
  7. I invested in a laser hair remover. Best thing I ever did. I'm not 100% hair free but probably 80-85. It has saved me SO much time!! I do have a trimmer also but mine nicks me sometimes. I'll have to look out for this Schick one here in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beaut review Ingrid and this device looks neat and easy to use - I'm a shave in the shower gal too ♡

    ReplyDelete
  9. Despite how many razors I have, I still always use hubby's! I like that this one's multitasking though - don't get that on hubby's razor!

    ReplyDelete