Monday, 11 January 2016

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation and Fix & Protect Primer Reviews

At the end of last year I received two bottles of the new Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation with SPF 20 in the shades of 200 Soft Beige and 203 True Beige plus the Rimmel Fix & Protect Primer with SPF 25 to trial and review.

Having trialed these products for over a month I thought it was now a good time to post a review of them and share my thoughts with you.

Rimmel Fix & Protect Primer and Rimmel Match Perfection Foundations

The Rimmel Fix & Protect Makeup Primer with SPF 25 is designed to:
  • prime the skin prior to the application of foundation and help it stay mattified for up to 7 hours
  • protect the skin from pollution, filter out harmful uv rays & help prevent hyperpigmentation
  • fix the skin with light diffusing properties which instantly blur blemishes. It can be worn alone or under foundation.
Rimmel Fix & Protect Primer With SPF 25

This primer is a lightweight, fairly runny, white formula which I find easy to fully blend into my skin. It feels moisturising on my skin, dries matte and is non greasy.

I'm a big believer of prepping my face, moisturising it and priming it prior to the application of makeup. I believe this is essential in achieving the best results possible. 

This primer definitely creates a smoother skin surface for me to apply my foundation onto.

I've been using this primer for the past month during my Sydney summer holidays and have found my foundation stays in place well over the top of it and does not slide off. My face also does remain matte for the majority of the day, which is a definite bonus, especially in this current warm weather, although I do also apply a setting powder over my T zone.

I'm grateful for the included SPF 25 but wish it were slightly higher still to remove my need for additional facial sun protection. If I were working indoors I would be happy with this level of sun protection, but as I've been on holidays and outside a lot I have still included an extra layer of sunscreen in my routine. Having had a history of malignant melanoma I have become super vigilant about wearing adequate sunscreen.

Overall I'm happy with this product and will be repurchasing it once this tube is finished.
The Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation with SPF 20 is designed for
  • Skin Matching: Wonder tone technology, weightless texture, invisible coverage
  • Perfecting: Soft focus powders for pore blurring effect
  • Protecting: 24 hour moisture and SPF 20 and Vitamin E.
The Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation with SPF 20 comes in 8 shades ranging from a very light shade #010 Light Porcelain to a medium/dark shade #400 Naural Beige.

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundations
in 200 Soft Beige and 203 True Beige

I love the packaging of this foundation. It comes in a 30ml glass bottle with a hygienic pump which dispenses a good amount of product resulting in no wastage and no mess!

This foundation is lightweight and I find it super easy to blend. It's smooth in application. The Soft Beige shade of this foundation matches my face's skin tone perfectly so I don't have to worry about any obvious lines showing around my jaw line and the end result of this foundation is very natural looking.

It feels hydrating and leaves my skin looking matte and feeling velvety to touch. It provides medium coverage.

I do use setting powder especially around my nose area with this foundation and primer as this is where I normally show shine first.

I appreciate the SPF 20 included in this product which would be adequate for me on days I'm working indoors but when on holidays and spending significant amounts of time outdoors I do apply an additional, stronger level of sun protection underneath my makeup.

Overall I like this product and plan to continue using it after I finish these two bottles.

For those of you interested in purchasing the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation I recently spotted it on sale HERE.

If you are interested in buying the Rimmel Fix & Protect Primer click HERE to buy.

Priceline


Which foundation products have you been using recently? 
Have you tried these Rimmel products? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:

The three reviewed products were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own.  Full disclosure policy here.

43 comments:

  1. I am going to hunt down that primer! 25 spf is still pretty impressive for a daily face product. I generally don't buy cheaper skincare lines but I am willing to give this one a go.
    Another great review from you. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Primer should be easy to find. It's stocked at Priceline. Target, KMart, Big W, selected pharmacies, selected Coles and Woolworths.

      Delete
  2. I love primer. I just bought new foundation in the US and I'm not 100% happy with it. It cost bomb too. I might give Rimmel a go. I just find it so hard to find the right colour on my own. I need to sit with a beauty professional to nut it out ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like to ask for assistance when swatching foundations. Plus I like to see the swatches in real outdoor light before deciding which shade to purchase, especially when the product is expensive! Often when purchasing high-end foundations in store you can get little sample pots to take home to trial before purchasing.

      Delete
  3. I ran out of primer recently, so it's good to know what this one is like. I feel like my make up is unfinished without primer. It just makes your face feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Primers are essential for me, especially in summer.

      Delete
  4. I quite like Rimmel so I'm inclined to give the foundation a shot and I'm a primer fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rimmel is my favourite drugstore brand! I use a lot of Rimmel products.

      Delete
  5. I love foundations that have sunscreen in them! I have never used a primer though, maybe I should give it a go this year ... #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go. I'd love to hear what you think of this primer after you've used it.

      Delete
  6. Foundation should always be in a pump, there really is no reason why not! I like the sound of the primer and the SPF is a real bonus. Headed over from #ibot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, pumps are so much more hygienic and easy to use!

      Delete
  7. I like the price of that primer, and SPF 25 is pretty good. It bugs me that the tinted moisturiser I wear most days is only 15. On beach days I wear tinted zinc now, because it gives coverage while still protecting my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SPF15 wouldn't be adequate for the length of time most of us spend at the beach, tinted zinc does sound like a better option! My post next week is actually all about common mistakes made when using sunscreen!

      Delete
  8. I love skin care products and foundations that have sun protection built in … I live in Queensland and the sun is so fierce so I love the extra SPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't used a primer before but I'm starting to think I need to and the Rimmel one is a good price point to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be interesting to see how you find using a primer. It made a huge difference to me when I started using primers!

      Delete
  10. I've been trialling this as well and sadly I'm not loving it. I loved the old formula so it might just be disappointment haha. I will keep trying though xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's no good Jasmine! It's hard when a product you loved changes it's formula!

      Delete
  11. I need that primer. I had a makeup lesson last year and fell in love with their foundation. I've only just ran out and can't bring myself to look at another brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using a primer makes a huge difference in prepping your skin ready to apply the foundation, especially for anyone over the age of 30! Yes, I well and truly fall in the over 30 age category!

      Delete
  12. Cant handle foundation bottles without a pump.. It gives me anxiety LOL DF xoxo


    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anything that can keep the shine off in this warm weather is worth its weight in gold :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i need a good foundation like this :) so fun! So glad I came across your blog on the link up! Hope you'll stop by mine as well :) Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gotta love a foundation with a SPF - it's a must living down under!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't tried these, but the foundation sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very help full review, It looks like a good foundation, SPF is an added benefit, i will keep eye on it on next priceline sale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Priceline sales are the best time to buy makeup!

      Delete
  18. I have a great primer but I keep forgetting to use it. Thanks for reminding me

    ReplyDelete
  19. Did Rimmel reformulate as I have a bottle of this from a fair while ago? I've been using Maybelline Dream Wonder and Revlon Colorstay lately :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've heard they did reformulate but I haven't personally used their previous formula so I can't comment on the differences.

      Delete
  20. Wow pretty impressive review Ingrid - that primer is top of my shopping list for it's mattifying qualities alone ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. they sound like great products - I don't use foundation much but if I lift my beauty routine a bit it's nice to know there's something at a good price. thanks for sharing at our #OverTheMoon link up ~ Leanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't wear makeup very often at all, sounds like I need primer when I do though. I love a foundation in a pump, so easy. Definitely will look for Rimmel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rimmel is widely available so hopefully it should be easy to find. It's stocked at Priceline, Target, KMart, Big W, selected pharmacies, selected Coles and Woolworths.

      Delete
  23. Hydrating and matte! sounds like my cup a tea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. great review! The foundation sounds like it would be perfect for my skin. I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I too have been using this foundation over the past month or so in addition to the same primer and really enjoying them as well. :) I really think Rimmel does a super job in terms of quality when it comes to foundation, esp for the price. xo

    ReplyDelete