Monday, 15 February 2016

February Empties

Over the past month I have finished 18 hair care, makeup, cleansing and sun care products. Keep reading to see which of these products I've loved and why, which ones I'll be repurchasing and which ones I haven't loved and won't be repurchasing!

February Empties

My hair is naturally wavy and I tend to either straighten it with my GHD Straightener or curl it with my LuxCurly curling wand. I also regularly blow dry my hair. Despite all this heat abuse I subject my hair to it's in surprisingly good condition, something even my hairdresser remarked upon at my last appointment. I believe the reason for this is my religious use of the KMS Free Shape Hot Flex Spray whenever I'm applying any heat to my hair. In addition to protecting my hair from the heat of styling tools it also helps my hair maintain its style after straightening or curling. I love how my hair feels normal after using this spray, not crunchy or stiff which is how other hair products often leave my hair feeling.

Repurchase? Yes, already have. 


February Hair Product Empties

bhave Rescue Intense Repair Shampoo 
bhave Rescue Intense Repair Conditioner
bhave Deep Intense Conditioning Masque
I originally won a set of bhave Rescue hair products from Seduced By Beauty blog. It is not a product range I would have bought myself due to its expensive cost BUT having now used this product range and seen first hand its results on my hair it is my absolute holy grail brand of hair products! This range of products has tamed my frizz like no other products ever have!

If any one reading this has fine hair that tends to get frizzy and generally not behave (pun intended) then the bhave product range is worth a try especially prior to special occasions when you need your hair looking its best. 

A cheaper way of trying these products rather than buying the full sized versions first up, is to purchase a travel set of 5 products from the range. 

The cheapest place I've found to purchase bhave from is Alive Skin & Hair. They seem to price their products about $10 cheaper than the salons. Click HERE to shop. You might just find that bhave products are your holy grail hair products too, just like I did!

However having said the above, I don't use these products every single hair wash due to their expense but before any event or special occasion this is the shampoo, conditioner and serum (the serum is not an empty for me this month) I will always use. The bhave product range gives me salon fresh looking hair, it smooths my hair, gives it shine, nourishes and repairs it. My hair looks visibly better after I use these products! No wonder they have achieved holy grail status with me!

Repurchase? Absolutely YES! I have already repurchased them and I have also been lucky enough to win a travel set of bhave products from Bottled Beauty Blog. Whenever I see a competition for this brand's products I will always enter it! I can't recommend these products highly enough!

label.m Treatment Shampoo
I bought this shampoo a long time ago from my local Toni & Guy salon. I finished the conditioner first, as I always do and this leftover shampoo was left languishing on my bathroom shelf for ages. After a concerted effort to use up more of my already opened products I've now finally used it up.

Repurchase? No. I no longer frequent the Toni & Guy salon near me as it's closed down and this shampoo wasn't amazing  enough for me to track down a new supplier of it.

John Frieda Frizz Ease Smooth Start Hydrating Conditioner
I received this full sized conditioner and matching shampoo in a Marie Claire The Parcel subscription box. I liked this conditioner and found it helped with reducing my hair's frizz and smoothing my hair but not quite to the extent of my holy grail bhave product range. 

Repurchase? Probably yes, to use as my regular conditioner whilst saving the more expensive bhave conditioner for special occasions. I do still have some more already opened, almost finished hair products to finish off first.


February Makeup Empties

Rimmel BB Cream Radiance 9-in-1 
I use this BB cream when I am in a hurry on work mornings. It is a super multi-tasking BB cream with an in built SPF 20. I find it quick, easy, convenient and effective to use.

Repurchase? Already have.

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation Sample
Giorgio Armani Fluid Master Primer Sample
I'd read quite a few raving reviews of the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation so I obtained these samples to try it for myself. 

Repurchase?  After trying these samples and finding them to be every bit as good as the reviews I'd read, although I didn't have any intention of buying these luxury products originally, I couldn't help but buy them. I guess that's what the retailers rely on when they give you samples of their products to trial. Shhh, don't tell my hubby whatever you do! 


February Makeup Remover Empties

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
This is such a popular product, I'm sure you have all tried it for yourselves by now so I won't say any more about it, except it's effective and I love it.

Repurchase? Yes, after finishing off my similar Bioderma Hydrabio H2O I will be repurchasing the more reasonably priced Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water again as I find this equally as good as the more expensive Bioderma product.

Swisspers Makeup Pads
I found these makeup pads to be effective, soft and strong. I have no complaints about them. 

Repurchase? To be honest, I'm not really that fussed on what brand of makeup pads I buy. It really just depends on which brand I see first when I need new ones. I'm sure I will repurchase this brand again at some stage but I won't go out hunting for it above all other brands.

Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
I received two sample packets of these makeup remover towelettes in two Marie Claire The Parcel subscription boxes. Once again I found these products to be effective and had no complaints about them.

Repurchase? Similar to the makeup pads I don't have a strong loyalty to one particular brand of makeup remover towelettes. Thus although I'm sure I will eventually repurchase this product I won't go searching for it above all other brands.

February Cleansing Empties

Physiogel Hypoallergenic Daily Moisture Therapy Body Wash
This product was an effective cleanser but as it is hypoallergenic it is free from any fragrances. I don't however have sensitive skin and don't need my products to be hypoallergenic. As regular readers of Fabulous and Fun Life know, I love fragrances. The scent of a product is an important aspect of the product for me that adds an element of luxury and enjoyment to it for me.  

Repurchase? No. I prefer scented body washes.

MOR Triple-Milled Soap - Snow Gardenia
Unlike the last product listed, this one has the most divine scent of gardenias. It filled my bathroom with an amazing floral scent, so much so that I found myself wandering into the bathroom just to sniff this soap - lol! Unlike a lot of soaps it was also nourishing and hydrating, thanks to its inclusions of shea butter, vitamin E and sweet almond oil.

Repurchase? Definintely, as this MOR triple-milled Snow Gardenia soap added such an indulgent touch of luxury to my bathroom. Whenever I have friends or relatives sleeping over at my home I always make sure I have a divinely scented soap like this one in the guest bathroom for their use.

February Sunscreen Empties

Banana Boat Sport SPF 30+ Spray
I found this sunscreen to be effective and for my own use I loved the spray application of it with no need to rub it in. However I was horrified watching my twelve year old son liberally spraying it into the air with most of it missing his body completely!

Repurchase? Probably not as I'm now using SPF 50 sunscreens and also because I hate wastage. I would only buy a spray sunscreen for myself now and not for my kids. My kids will be using the traditional rub in sunscreens again from now on.

Hamilton Sensitive Sunscreen SPF 30+ Samples
These were languishing at the bottom of my daughter's bag and are out of date so out they go! Click here to see my recent post on the 9 big sunscreen mistakes you need to avoid making.

Repurchase? No as I'm making an effort to purchase only SPF 50+ sunscreens.


What products have you recently finished?

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

66 comments:

  1. I hate coming to the end of something you love but can't afford...(that's how it ends up on my xmas list)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel. I have a couple of perfumes with only the tiniest bit left that I have been stretching out for the longest time!

      Delete
  2. I love MOR soaps. Oh my goodness... An interesting read and also an eye-opener on just how much packaging each of us is consuming in a month! Another fab review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amount of packaging is quite horrific isn't it! I don't think the majority of it's recyclable either! It makes you appreciate the companies such as Lush that do have recyclable and reuseable packaging.

      Delete
  3. I was so suspicious of the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water and tbh I only tried it because I got a freebie but I LOVE it. It's perfect for a freshen-up during the day either before I apply make up or if I'm having a make up-free day. #TeamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way before I used it for the first time. How can something that looks like plain water work so well!

      Delete
  4. I saw a mention of Lush! They have wonderful soaps and I have used a face scrub for my face as well. I found their products be truly soothing and hydrating along with terrific packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lush products! I didn't have any Lush empties this month but will probably have a couple next month! I love how their packaging is recyclable too.

      Delete
  5. You are quite welcome for todays post Ingrid! I do believe you were one of the main ones who asked about sponsorships, etc so I am glad I could give some ideas. That KMS hot free spray sounds amazing! I need to invest in some antifrizz oils.
    Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rachel! I love the blogging community and how supportive and responsive it is. I'm so glad I found your blog :)

      Delete
  6. I love Mor soaps too, so luxurious! I also gave the spray sunscreen a miss and went back to rub on sunscreen after seeing the kids waste it - grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got a spray suncream I love too, but you're right the kids do get a bit liberal with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love me some bhave stuff! I got into them after reading so many beauty bloggers + Beautyheaven reviews & now I don't think I'll use anything else! Here's a tip: the website Alive Skin & Hair sell bhave products for about $10 cheaper than salons, so that could be an option if you don't want to scrimp. I'm STILL going through my rescue shampoo & conditioner & I've had both for over a year now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shell! The Alive Skin & Hair website is where I buy my bhave products from and this is the link I've also provided in the post in case other people are interested in buying these products too! We may as well all buy them as cheaply as possible!

      Delete
    2. Oops, sorry I didn't notice! I'm all for a bargain. :o)

      Delete
    3. No problem. After reading your comment I thought the link might not be noticeable enough so I've now made it more noticeable. Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  9. I am SO thrilled that you love the bhave products as much as I do. I know they are a little on the pricey side but as you don't need much, I think their range is still pretty good value.

    I am also a fan of the Garnier Micellar Water and the Luminous Silk foundation - I used to travel to Melbourne to buy it before we could get it here in Adelaide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's a dedicated beauty shopper travelling that far!

      Delete
  10. Wow!Lot of empties..KMS hair spray sounds amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fascinating! I need to buy another Nak Repl-ends spray (a leave in moisturising spray) from the hair dresser - I use it instead of conditioner as I find conditioner weighs down my fine, limp hair. The other product I threw in the bin recently was Ombra Sunscreen 50+ (from Aldi) it DOESN'T work even though it was still in date. Lots of people rave about it online but hubster and I were both annoyed we got burned on Sunday, as we have both recently had skin cancer :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunscreen that doesn't work is annoying and unsafe! Sunsense 50+ is my current favourite sunscreen. It has never failed me!

      Delete
  12. My, you have been busy!! Thanks for the tip on the heat spray. I'm almost out of mine which I loved but thought I would try something else. I think it was called laminates or something?? I wasn't a fan of the John Frieda frizz ease. I might have to try the bhave. Oh behave ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bhave is great! I can't rave about it enough. I first read about it on Nikki's blog, Styling You, and then also on Kate's blog, Seduced By Beauty.

      Delete
  13. Ingrid I am terrible for not finishing shampoos and conditioners! I like the sound of the bhave range. I am always on the hunt for something nourishing for my blonde hair. It's so hard to keep it from getting dried out and frizzy. Thanks for the tips xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to finish shampoos and conditioners if you like having matching products (ie shampoo and conditioner from the same brand) and if like me you always finish one, in my case conditioner, way before finishing the other.

      I'd be interested to hear how you go if you do decide to try bhave.

      Delete
  14. Doesn't it feel great to finish up so much stuff!!! :)

    And I'm so glad that you loved the Bhave products from the giveaway. They're amazing and it makes it so hard to use anything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bhave products certainly are amazing and set the bar extremely high for any other hair care products I try!

      Delete
  15. You've managed to use up a lot of products this month! I'm terrible with never finishing things, takes me a long time to get through them all. I'm making an effort this year to use up all my sample size bottles though, and like you I'm finding that they are introducing me to some great products I'd skipped over before :) Giving me more to buy when I do get through them all, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm normally not too good with finishing products either Mica, but I've resolved to make a better effort to do so this year!

      Delete
  16. Right you have convinced me - I need Bhave in my life pronto! Off to invest in its gloriousness xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be interested to know if bhave becomes your holy grail of hair products too Bev!

      Delete
  17. I've been looking for a new shampoo so off to check out Bhave too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me what you think about it if you do try bhave.

      Delete
  18. Woah! 18 products!! Good on you! I've stopped buying things and trying to finish up backups and hitting pan on items I already have! Oh and you should try the makeup remover pads from Aldi. They're much cheaper and quite thick! DF xoxo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I'll finish the new pack of makeup remover pads I've already bought and will then definitely try the Aldi ones!

      Delete
  19. I'm a huge fan of the Garnier cleansing water but what I'm not a fan of is the fact the packaging looks like a drink bottle. Especially if you have little ones in the house. Of course it just means putting it away in a locked or high self but I tend to like to leave my everyday products within easy reach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! Garnier should differentiate the bottle more from drink bottles.

      Delete
  20. I feel the same about the spray sunscreen- too much waste for kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like spray sunscreen for myself however.

      Delete
  21. It's sad to say goodbye to some stuff isn't it? Especially stuff you buy overseas and don't have easy access to here. I am loving my new Wella Professionals mousse at the moment. I haven't used mousse in years and then tried this and YAY! I will be sad when it comes to an end ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some products it's very sad to finish, others I celebrate finishing!

      Delete
  22. def feel the same way about saying goodbye to stuff ha. but love all the products you shared! so glad i came across your blog through the linkup and i can't wait to read more! hope you'll stop by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow... So much stuff! I've heard such positive things about the behave products. Might have to check them out. And the garnier miccellar water is a staple in my place. Love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of bhave products! I'm also thinking of getting the bhave treatment which is what Nikki on Styling You has blogged about using on her hair, which always looks so perfect!

      Delete
  24. I love that you trial these so we know what to buy next. I have just finished my favourite sunscreen. I forget the name (is it Triple Zinc?) but it is the one advertised initially by Elle Macpherson and then by Megan Gale. I need to wear sunscreen daily and it is one of the few that doesn't make my face shiny or irritate my skin. I can wear it under make-up too. And I have been using a lovely Argan Oil syrum for my face and neck which I was gifted a while ago. I'm gutted it is empty. I swear it did wonders for my skin, especially my sun-damaged decolletage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when I finish a favourite product! Oils last for ages for me however as I only use 4-5 drops a night!

      Delete
  25. Wow, you've got so many empties! I'm lucky to get through 2 in a month teehee :P

    I really like the sound of the Bhave range, it might just do the trick on my hair.

    Great post! :)
    - Sammy {xx}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some months I have more empties than others.

      Delete
  26. I've been wanting to try the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water! I just finished the one from Simple.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water too but not as much as l love my cleansing wipes, I think my favourite are the L'Oreal ones, they're just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have been using up all of my products and using the Nucerity range at the moment. I am liking the Skincerity for my problem skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to use up products! I haven't tried the product ranges you mentioned.

      Delete
  29. What an impressive line up of empties. Even more impressive is your dedication to write about them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. Some months I have more empties than other months. And welcome to the Monday Makeup Madness link up. I just read your review. That Chanel foundation sounds great!

      Delete
  30. I'm the same with makeup wipes - I don't really have a brand preference. I'm a 'repurchase' on the awesome Garnier Micellar Water, too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great review and good for you with all of those empties. I usually don't finish anything! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us at #Overthemoon link up.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow so many empties! You go girl. I absolutely love the KMS as well but haven't purchased it in a while due to being poor and too stingy when I have so many othe products to use up bahaha xx

    Jasmine // sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you buy the KMS spray in a combination pack with the shampoo and conditioner it's a lot cheaper.

      Delete
  33. Always interested to hear about hair products that protects hair from drying out and the boofy frizz! I recently ran out of Loreal hair oil, and I didn't think much of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pity the L'Oreal didn't work for you. Different products work for different people. That's why I love receiving these sample bags so I can try different brands and different products to find the ones that work for me.

      Delete
  34. Crikey what a bumper month, and it's not even over yet! We have some common loves ♥ Such a shame that no one stocks bhave products in my area, it's such a fabulous range - I tried for months to find a salon, so thanks a bunch for the link xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a bumper month by my normal standards.

      I visited quite a few salons in my local area too before I resorted to buying bhave online! I'm glad to share the bhave link! It's such a great product! :)

      Delete
  35. Wow you really finished off a lot of products this month! omg those MOR soaps are a favourite of mine. And the Frizzeze have been a lifesaver this summer! x

    ReplyDelete