Monday, 29 February 2016

Rimmel The Only 1 Lipstick Range - Review & Swatches

The Lipstick Revolution has arrived and it is a strong force to be reckoned with! The innovators at Rimmel London have created a new range of lipsticks called 'The Only 1', a no compromise, all-in-one lipstick!

I was lucky enough to be gifted the photographed 6 lipsticks from the range of 12 to trial. All 6 of them are winners! 


Rimmel London 'The Only 1' Lipstick Range

The Only 1 lipstick range is completely different to Rimmel's last lipstick release, the Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection lipsticks, which I reviewed HERE.

The Only 1 lipstick shades are intense and high impact! Just look at these stunning, vibrant colours!


Rimmel London The Only 1 Lipsticks

 The shades, from left to right, are:
  • 120 You're All Mine - a beautiful pink
  • 110 Pink A Punch - a knockout bright pink
  • 200 It's A Keeper - a nudey pink
  • 600 Peachy-Beach - an eye catching peachy coral
  • 510 Best Of The Best - a ravishing red
  • 700 Naughty Nude - a beautiful brown.

I found all these shades to be ultra-comfortable to wear. They felt lightweight on my lips and looked creamy and shiny. The colour lasted for four hours until I had to reapply after eating lunch. Even when the intense colour wore off I was left with a flattering, even stain on my lips.

According to Rimmel "a fine blend of advanced polymers sets the formula and enhances skin-adhesion for outstanding staying power".

These lipsticks contain Rosa fruit oil and Vitamin E which left my lips feeling beautifully moisturised whilst wearing the lipsticks.

I found these lipsticks easy to apply. They all glided on easily in one swipe. 


Rimmel The Only 1 Swatches


Rimmel The Only 1 Swatches

I also have to mention the scent of these lipsticks! I love it! They all have a lovely fruity scent which wafts through the air whilst you are applying the lipstick but then dissipates once the lipstick is on.

Finally, as you would have probably spotted in the above photos by now, these Rimmel The Only 1 lipstick packagings have a convenient colour band towards the bottom, indicating the shade of each lipstick. This makes it easy to grab the shade you want without having to open them all to find the shade you're after. 

My conclusion after trialing these lipsticks is that they definitely provide a powerful pout! I'm happy to have these Rimmel The Only 1 new revolution of lipsticks in my makeup arsenal!

These lipsticks are priced at an affordable $15.95.


Rimmel London The Only 1 Lipsticks

Which of the above lipstick shades appeals to you the most?

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

49 comments:

  1. Stunning - I should have been a beauty blogger. Dang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jody - you could always incorporate beauty reviews of products you love into your current blog!

      Delete
  2. All of the shades are just gorgeous!! I'll have to check them out...although I already have way too many lip products lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can never have too many lip products - lol!

      Delete
  3. I love this collection! My faves are Pink A Punch and Naughty Nude. Great review and photos, Ingrid! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great lipsticks aren't they Di! I don't know how Rimmel keep coming out with one amazing lip range after another!

      Delete
  4. I need a new long lasting lippy. I like the nude colour. That looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nudes are great every day lipsticks.

      Delete
  5. I think #200 would be my favourite; they all look great on you!

    Visiting today from #teamIBOT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet! I've been wearing #200 to work for the past week.

      Delete
  6. I like the pinky hues the best. What a great job you have testing all of these cool new products. I'm jelly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pinky hued ones suit me the best too.

      Delete
  7. Love the Rimmel range and these new ones look like they are maintaining expectations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rimmel have produced another great range! Makes you wonder what they will come up with next?

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. 200 is one of my favourite work lipstick shades.

      Delete
  9. I wish I could wear lipstick but I have no lips and it looks stupid on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always use lip liner on the outside of your natural lip line to give the appearance of bigger lips.

      Delete
  10. Haha. You and I are in a battle of the lipsticks on this FYBF! Or perhaps we are lip-locked ... or something. I've never tried Rimmel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe - will read your post now.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for joining the Lovin Life Linky again this week! Love having your beauty posts as part of my Sunday

      Delete
  11. I always prefer nude hues and 200 & 700 look great both as samples and on you. I will keep a look out for these next time I need to stock up on new lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty. I've been wearing these two shades to work quite a lot recently.

      Delete
  12. I love the idea of the colour band so you don't have to open each lipstick! I'm prefer my lipsticks almost nude (as in the shade, not me being naked!) but these vibrant colours look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only recently become more comfortable wearing vibrant shades of lipsticks. Prior to that I used to prefer nude shades too.

      Delete
  13. Love the range of colours. I used to have a large range of lipsticks, but now I tend to stick to the one neutral colour. You've made me think that I need to get adventurous and go check out those cute pinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pinks are cute - plus they match my new handbag (lol) so I've been wearing the pinks quite a bit lately!

      Delete
  14. Lovely! I must say I like wearing lipstick but rarely do now I am retired. The peachy colour would look good on me. Might just check it out too. Denyse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear lipsticks when at home on my days off to keep my lips hydrated and also because admittedly I just love lippies!

      Delete
  15. I've bought a few bright colours lately so it's time to look into getting a nice nude colour. Will look in the Rimmel section next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a couple of nudes in this collection Grace or otherwise there's the Rimmel Kate Collection of Nude Lipsticks too!

      Delete
  16. Great review! I love every single colour in this range!! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Rimmel lipsticks - the ranges are all slightly different and the colours are all amazing. And I have so many lipsticks and lip glosses that there is no way I need more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely no one can ever have too many lipsticks & lip glosses - lol!

      Delete
  18. I love these lipsticks! Peachy Beachy is a shade I really want to add to my collection! Great post xx

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that these are great lipsticks!

      Delete
  19. I love each image here and how you showcase each one. I only began to add some colors to my lipstick collection so this was helpful. I like that "You're All Mine" shade. Lovely! I need to keep and eye out for these.
    Thanks for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have INspired Me" last week.
    Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love 120 on you!! they are indeed beautiful lippies :)

    Lily not Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This pink matches my recently purchased handbag so I've been wearing it quite a lot! I wonder if it's considered weird to match your lipstick to your handbag? Oh well, what the heck, that's what's made me happy and thus that's what I've been doing - lol!

      Delete
  21. Love them all Ingrid - I've only bought one so far, an amazing orangey red called Call Me Crazy. Definitely investigating more of these now that I've seen all your pretty shades xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These vivid shades would be right up your alley Kat!

      Delete
  22. Great colour range, and love they have the colour band at the bottom to make life easier :) I can't make up my mind which one I prefer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite shade keeps changing too! I think I love them all!

      Delete
  23. Great pics! I love the nude one on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I Love these lipsticks! Great review! They look great on you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! I appreciate the compliment :)

      Delete