Monday, 28 March 2016

Elizabeth Arden Grand Entrance Mascara New Product Launch

Elizabeth Arden is such an iconic luxury beauty brand! I was lucky enough to recently attend an Elizabeth Arden event in the city which showcased their new and upcoming makeup releases.

One upcoming makeup release which I was greatly impressed by is the Elizabeth Arden Grand Entrance mascara. This will be released in Australia on 17 April 2016.

Elizabeth Arden Grand Entrance Mascara

This mascara is promoted as a "triple effect mascara with precision brush technology specifically designed to instantly deliver an 80% increase in lash length and volume, and a 162% increase in curl for luxe, lush lashes". Yes please! The older I get the more lift and curl I want in my lashes to open up my eye area and give me a more youthful look.

The Elizabeth Arden Grand Entrance mascara is formulated to be:
  • Long wearing
  • Water resistant
  • Flake free, and
  • Clump free.
In addition to amplifying your lashes this high end mascara is also formulated to condition, treat and protect your lashes - a definite bonus! Its key ingredients include:
  • Lash Building Complex - A vitamin fortified peptide complex that locks onto lashes like a magnet for volume and lift.
  • Olive Esters - An emollient rich extract that coats and separates individual lashes, helping to condition, treat and protect lashes for clump free and flake free definition.
  • Rice Bran Esters - A vitamin B complex and essential fatty acid rich extract that helps to condition lashes for an overall healthier and plumper appearance.
  • Carnauba Esters - A moisturising extract that helps to support the appearance of longer lashes.
Well I guess you're all wanting to know if this mascara lives up to its above promises. In a word YES I found it did!

Firstly looking at the brush. I found the brush easy to use and effective in individually coating and separating each of my lashes. The brush contains three rows of alternating wedge-shaped discs and conical bristles which work to "grab" each lash to extend and separate them. The brush transfers exactly the right amount of mascara onto my lashes without any clumping from excess product.

The unique push up tip at the end of the brush helped me to reach all of my shorter lashes in the corners of my eyes.

Elizabeth Arden Grand Entrance Mascara

The following chart shows Elizabeth Arden's application tips for this mascara.


Image Credit: Elizabeth Arden
I found one coat of this mascara worked well to give me the look I wanted for work whilst two coats of this mascara helped to build my lashes further and give me a more dramatic, fuller and longer, evening look. Perfect for making a grand entrance to any party or event!

True to its promise, I found this mascara to be long wearing, flake free and clump free. 

Overall I found this mascara to definitely have the effect of lifting and curling my lashes, making my eyes seem more open and alert. Just what my 40+ year old, frequently tired, eyes need!

I will definitely be repurchasing this mascara when my current tube needs replacing in approximately three months time. 

What do you look for in your mascara?
Do you remember to replace your mascaras every three months? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:

The reviewed mascara was kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.


39 comments:

  1. Wow, so high-tech! My first thought was 'What a gorgeous tube'. So much nicer than the plain black. And, um, I think my mascara is at least a year old. *gulp*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nearly all my mascaras clump up or deposit black under my eyes. I'm willing to give this one a try from your review once my Benefit one is used up. I've always gone for cheaper mascaras but maybe that's the reason I've had so many mascara problems?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it is worth paying extra for a high end mascara. They are better quality.

      Delete
  3. Mascara is one product you can't scrimp on, I reckon. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the coloured tube, it's so pretty! This one sounds great, I will keep an EYE out for it. Hahahaa (sorry). :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three months' time? Is this a rule I've never heard of? I keep my mascaras until they're completely gone. At the moment I'm using a Napoleon Perdis one, but I will need to get a new one soon. My lashes are very short, so an 80% increase in lash and 162% increase in curl sounds pretty appealing to me! #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three months is the recommended life span of mascaras. After this time they usually don't perform as well and are more likely to be harbouring bacteria. The other thing with mascaras is never to "pump" the wand up and down in the tube as it exposes the product to more air and lessens the life span of the mascara.

      Delete
  6. Whoops, I think the mascara in my cupboard is over a year old... not that I wear it that much, but will definitely be replacing now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely replace it. See my reply comment above to Renee.

      Delete
  7. I'm a bit weird with mascara, I love my hypoallergenic Almay ones, even though I don't have sensitive eyes. But that packaging is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you've found a mascara you love, stick with it, whether it be for sensitive eyes or not!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. The red packaging is stunning! No losing this mascara in the bottom of your makeup bag!

      Delete
  9. Oooh must try! Does it smear under the eye on your cheeks? I have this issue with all mascaras as I have long lashes and it drives me nuts! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had any problems with smearing whatsoever Jody.

      Delete
  10. Off to throw out my mascara. I'm actually going to make good use of the sample mascaras sent my way. They last about 3 months and take up less room in my makeup bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sample mascaras are a good way of trying various different mascaras to see which ones you love the best!

      Delete
  11. I have just bought a new mascara and hate it.. Too clumpy. Might look into this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hate it when I buy something new and then realise I hate it when I start using it!

      Delete
  12. Thank you for that Mascara replacement reminder! I like mascaras to give my eyelashes lots of volume!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm terrible at remembering to replace my mascara so thanks for the memory jogI This looks great - I love the idea of it being clump free!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is definitely time for a new mascara in my make-up case. I had my eye on the Benefit one but might check this out further too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmm sounds promising - will probably give it a go once its released, thanks for the heads up hon. I never have to worry about my mascara getting old - I actually use up an entire tube every 3 months lol ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm sounds promising - will probably give it a go once its released, thanks for the heads up hon. I never have to worry about my mascara getting old - I actually use up an entire tube every 3 months lol ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  17. NO WAY, every 3 months? I barely wear mine every three months, isn't that terrible? Such a non makeup person :( this does look good though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a good one! I love the look of the brush!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will definitely check out this mascara. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very interesting 'Flip & Tip Application'. I might have to try it with some of my other mascaras with similar wands! Would love to see how it looks on your eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds fabulous! I am hopeless at replacing my mascara every few months, and now the kids have been using it I do need a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This mascara looks great! I look for volume and length in my mascara. I do try to change it every 3 months because I have sensitive eyes. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Definitely in need of a new mascara now! Bron x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This mascara looks sleek, I always wanted to have thick, curled and long lashes with mascara, I have very small eyelashes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow this looks really interesting!! xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! I'm totally in the market for a great mascara for my old tired eyes! I find so many of them clump so love this review and totally going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  27. How lucky you are to have attended that event! Having mascara is a must for me. Thanks for sharing your post at the Over the Moon Link Party.

    ReplyDelete