Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Colour Theory Nordic Light Collection Including An All New Colour Corrector

Colour Theory have just released their new autumn winter 2016 makeup collection 'Nordic Light'. Unlike most autumn winter makeup collections which usually adopt darker and richer hues, the Nordic Light collection draws inspiration from the calm, beautiful Scandinavian nights. It contains a mix of neutral soft tones and dusty rose pinks that ooze femininity. It also features some gorgeously frosted hues.

This soft colour range ties in with Pantone's 2016 Colours of the Year, a soft pastel pink 'Rose Quartz' and a pastel blue 'Serenity'. I've also seen an increase in pastel coloured home wares appearing for the autumn winter season, so these shades are obviously currently on trend!

Colour Theory Nordic Light Makeup Collection

Ice Ice Baby Eye Shadow - $10
I'm loving the frosted soft colours in this Ice Ice Baby eye shadow palette.The mauve shade instantly made my eyes pop - perfect for the shorted and darker days of autumn and winter! The darker shades create a bolder, more dramatic look for autumn and winter nights out! This actually is quite a versatile and affordable, fun palette. Although I don't know how much I'll wear the frosted blue colour I'll definitely be wearing the others this autumn and winter.

Colour Theory Ice Ice Baby Eye Shadow Palette

Colour Theory Ice Ice Baby Eye Shadow Palette Swatches
Mascara Plump - $8
This black mascara will help complete the above eye looks. I found this mascara easy to layer and it effectively increased my eyelash volume.

Colour Theory Mascara Plump

Colour Corrector - $10
The Colour Corrector is a great new makeup product for Colour Theory and probably my favourite product from this collection. Not only does it look pretty, it is a hard working, multi-tasking product. It is designed to prime and set makeup, and balance skin tone while controlling shine without adding any noticeable colour or texture, which is why swatches of this product were not really practicable. Simply use this colour corrector before and after applying makeup. I found it particularly useful in helping to neutralise my redness and reduce the shine around the nose area.

The orange in this colour corrector evens out skin tone and adds warmth, the pink brightens any dull spots and the green and purple help to neutralise redness and undertones.

Colour Theory Colour Corrector
Arctic Nude Lipsticks - $6 each
There are three lipsticks in the Colour Theory Nordic Light collection including I-See Pink, Barely There & Pure Zen.

These lipsticks feel creamy and moisturising, soft on the lips and are comfortable to wear. My favourite shade is definitely the frosty pale pink shade, I-See Pink! Just be careful when applying these lipsticks as I had the lipstick wound quite a long way out after photographing it and then applied it like that and ended up damaging it. Learn from my mistake and only wind the lipstick up a little bit when applying.

Colour Theory I-see Pink, Barely There & Pure Zen Lipsticks

Colour Theory I-see Pink, Barely There
& Pure Zen Lipsticks & Swatches

Nail Polishes - $4 each
There are four nail polishes in the Colour Theory Nordic Light collection. I received the three soft shades photographed below from left to right: Minted, Snow Bunny and Cashmere Kisses. I was surprised to learn that there is also a much darker, bolder purple colour called Apres Ski included in the collection. All Colour Theory nail polishes are fast drying and formaldehyde free and an absolute bargain, priced at $4 each!. 

Colour Theory Nordic Light Collection Nail Polishes -
Minted, Snow Bunny & Cashmere Kisses

For those of you not familiar with the Colour Theory brand it is an Australian owned brand
that is exclusive to Amcal, Amcal Max and Guardian Pharmacies. It is also available online here. As can be seen from the above listed prices it is a very affordable cosmetics brand with over 100 products in its range covering face, cheeks, eyes, lips and nails. Prices start from $4 with nothing over $10. 



What Do You Think Of These Scandinavian Inspired 
Lighter Shades For Autumn Winter? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

The above products were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

26 comments:

  1. The colour corrector looks really cool! I've never seen one like that!

    oh and the beautiful pastel nail polishes!! I've never heard of this brand before, so it was an interesting read! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the colour corrector powder can you use it as a primer under liquid foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You selected the best summer shades ever! Love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such pretty shades! I love light colours - especially pale shimmering pinks and golds. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if I could pull off those colours...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great colours and loving the price tags- so affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI !!
    Great post. I love discovering new makeup brands, and I especially love brands that are affordable. :) Love the color palette on this collection. I will definitely check them out.

    xo
    Estephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh I did that with my Kat Von D Studded Kiss lipstick, wound it out, took a photo THEN PUT THE LID ON! waaaaah!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours of the eyeshadow palatte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful soft colours! I actually haven't worn makeup for 20 or so years... maybe more - although do wear lipstick every so often. I probably should go for something lighter as I tend to wear a dark pink or red... possibly inappropriate for a 48yr old!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I was just drooling over all the products. I love their lipsticks & nail colors.. Great!

    www.luv4beautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving these colours, especially the eyeshadow palette. The Colour Corrector looks like something I need too. A bargain for $10!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ingrid,
    The makeup looks beautiful. Thanks again for the visit today.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  14. This color palette is so pretty! I would wear these year round!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aah the nail polishes are so pretty and I love the sound (and look) of that Colour Corrector! :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look so cute! My mum just purchased the mascara so i'll let her know of your review on it. Thanks hun!
    Sammy | Bargainbaglady.com {xx}

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the look of this collection and the name matches it so well. Still haven't had a chance to try everything but I can't wait! This collection makes me wish that I was in Iceland right now, apparently 2016 is the last chance to see the northern lights for a decade :(

    Lily not Louise

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such gorgeous colours!! the colour corrector and the lipsticks have caught my eye x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those polish colours, have to hit my local chemist, I know they have that brand there. Very affordable :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well now Ingrid my dear, I've totally fallen in love with these girly hues - the lipsticks especially, and that palette is just so pretty. Thanks for bringing these pearly pastels to my notice - yay, I even know where there's a stockist! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. They look so pretty! Not sure I could pull them off, except the lippies of course! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely post Ingrid! I especially like the lipstick Barely There and the colour correct powder sounds lovely too. I love their nail polishes and own all three already :-)Great value for money x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Did the corrector work well for you? It definitely looks like my favourite out of the range! I'll have to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooooo look at all that pretty! It sort of reminds me of the 90's, grown up. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm loving the pretty pastel shades! Especially those nail polishes ♥

    ReplyDelete