Monday, 18 April 2016

How To Cure Frizzy Hair and Make It 'Bhave'

I definitely didn't win the hair lottery when I was born! Instead I inherited fine hair that's not straight and not curly but has a bit of an unruly wave to it. Without time intensive styling and products galore my hair tends to have a halo of fine frizz and loads of flyaways!

As a result when the opportunity arose to experience a bhave Smoothe Treatment I jumped at the offer. I was so keen in fact I mistakenly turned up to the appointment an hour early!



Prior to leaving home for the appointment I took a photo of my hair in its natural state, just brushed but with no styling products in it and no straightening. Note the very unflattering halo of fine frizz at the top!


My Hair On The Morning Of My
bhave Smoothe Treatment - Note The Fine Frizz Halo!

Upon arrival at the salon Emma, the lovely educator from bhave, brushed my hair again, as yes, it had become even more unruly during my trip into the city. This is what my hair looked like from the back after brushing and before I underwent the bhave Smoothe Treatment.


Pre bhave Smoothe Treatment

What is the bhave Smoothe Treatment?
Firstly it is important to note that the bhave Smoothe Treatment is NOT a straightening treatment. It does NOT restructure the hair. 

bhave Smoothe is a keratin-infused smoothing treatment that gives hair a more natural look with enhanced body, movement and most importantly for me, manageability. 

The keratin used in this treatment is derived from NZ sheep's wool. 

In addition to the above mentioned keratin, the bhave Smoothe Treatment is also enriched with argan oil, collagen and silk amino acids. The treatment sedates frizz (Yay!) and nourishes, rejuvenates, restores and protects your hair. It noticeably improves your hair health and provides long term conditioning. The Smoothe Treatment improves the quality of each and every hair strand! It enhances your hair's shine and dramatically reduces maintenance and styling time giving you more time in the mornings for other activities or for just sleeping in! Yes please! Who doesn't want that!  

What Does The bhave Smoothe Treatment Entail?
First up my hair was shampooed with a special shampoo designed to open up my hair shafts to allow the keratin to be deposited into the open hair cuticles. 

The Smoothe Treatment was applied with a brush and combed through my hair in 1 cm sections.

Because the bhave Smoothe Treatment, like all bhave products, is free of all chemical nasties including formaldehyde, parabens and sulphates, as well as sodium chloride, there is no horrible chemical smell to the treatment. bhave products are also never tested on animals.

Following this there was an approximately 30 minute wait for the treatment to soak in. My hair was then rinsed to remove any residue not absorbed into my hair before my hair was blow dried and a hair straightener was used to straighten my hair, activate the treatment and close my hair cuticles. 

All up this treatment took about two and a half hours in the salon. My hair post treatment looked amazingly sleek, smooth and shiny, and healthier than ever, with not a frizzy bit in sight!

An added benefit of the bhave Smoothe Treatment was that it brought out and refreshed the blonde highlights I'd had applied to my hair about 2-3 months prior. It looked as if my highlights had only just been applied - Winning!

Post bhave Smoothe Treatment
Post bhave Smoothe Treatment Care
For the first 48 hours the treatment solution needs to remain in your hair and it is important not to wash your hair during this time frame or use any styling products, but really why would you when you walk out of the salon with hair that looks this good?

It is important not to use any clips, pins or elastics in your hair during this time frame and not to tuck your hair behind your ears, to avoid any indentations or bends forming in your hair. You also shouldn't get your hair wet at all. If you accidentally do then you need to blow dry your hair straight or straighten it with a flat iron as soon as possible. You also need to use your hair straightener in the morning upon wakening to run it through your hair just once with your hair in large clumps.  

I must admit I was a bit nervous about washing my hair 48 hours after the treatment. I have had so many experiences leaving hairdressers with salon perfect hair only to be unable to replicate the style at home after the first wash! Well my fears proved to be unfounded in this case thank goodness!

After washing my hair and drying it, it still looked amazing, sleek and smooth, shiny, luscious and healthy, AND non-frizzy! And that was without me straightening it or applying any products to it!

Here's a photo of my hair after my first wash with no styling products applied and minimal blow drying.


After My First Hair Wash Post bhave Smoothe Treatment
(With Minimal Blow Drying and No Styling Products)

Would I recommend the bhave Smoothe Treatment?
The answer to this question is a resounding 'YES'! Seriously people, just look at my before and after photos! Of course I recommend this treatment! Although I was blessed to receive this bhave Smoothe treatment gifted to me on this occasion I will be going back again and paying for it myself in four months time once this treatment has worn off. I've already located the nearest salon to me that provides this treatment. You can locate the nearest salon to you that offers the bhave Smoothe Treatment HERE. 

The cost of the bhave Smoothe Treatment starts at $199 depending on your hair's length and density. The treatment lasts up to four months.

Since undergoing the Smoothe Treatment my hair has felt softer and silkier, and looked so much sleeker, shinier and healthier. It has lost its halo of frizz and it has been so much quicker and easier to style after washes, taking only a fraction of the time it did before. 

I've also been receiving non-stop compliments from family, friends and colleagues about my hair. People don't necessarily tell you that your hair looks frizzy, dull or a bit unruly, but when your hair suddenly looks sleeker, shinier and healthier let me tell you the compliments flow!

Thank you so much to bhave for the opportunity to trial this Smoothe Treatment. I can't stop raving about it!  Ever since having my bhave Smoothe Treatment two weeks ago my hair has behaved itself quickly and beautifully EVERY SINGLE DAY!


If you loved this post, you will probably also love: How to Prevent and Treat Hair Split Ends.

Does Your Hair Get Frizzy?

xxx

Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

55 comments:

  1. This looks great, I must show my daughter who also has waves and frizz. My three year old has the knottiest curls but my hairdresser put us on to a leave in products called CPR recently and it is life-changing! Great for those too young for treatments like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I'm glad to hear you've found a life changing product for your three year old's hair.

      Delete
  2. I WANT IT SO MUCH!!
    I have the crappiest hair ever. This looks and sounds amazing. I have been told by hairdressers that I cannot undergo traditional straightening treatments because my hair is too fine. Boo hoo! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bhave Smoothe Treatment doesn't restructure the hair and doesn't use nasty chemicals so you may be able to use this even with your fine hair. You should look into it.

      Delete
  3. This looks fantastic. I have dead straight hair but Ash has a mop of curly hair and often wants the grid gone. Looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have enviable hair Natalie!

      Delete
  4. Anything for less frizz!! Hair can be such hard work. Not hard to sit in a salon though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to have this treatment again at the start of next summer which is normally peak frizz time for me.

      Delete
  5. Wow it looks so good! Your hair looks so healthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel. It's amazing how much healthier it now looks and feels.

      Delete
  6. Wow! What a difference! I could really use some of this treatment for my frizzy, curly mess x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect the frizzier and curlier the hair, the bigger the difference that this treatment will make!

      Delete
  7. Hmmm. Tempting. Very tempting. I have very similar hair to you by the sounds of it. My hairdresser has suggested I get a keratin treatment, but I was quoted a few hundred dollars from memory. This could be a good alternative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it could be a Mother's Day treat for you?

      Delete
  8. Hair looks really great after the treatment! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hair is fine, but not overly frizzy. I can't say I've ever really noticed. I'm pretty low maintenance with it's upkeep.
    I'm impressed by the difference in your hair though! That looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky escaping the halo of frizz when you have fine hair Jess!

      Thanks for the compliment! This treatment has made a huge difference in the amount of maintenance I need to do with my hair. My hair has now become low maintenance too!

      Delete
  10. Oh wow Ingrid, what a treat - your hair looks fabulous! Isn't it awesome when you find a solution that works? Sadly there's no bhave salons near me, but I won't always live where I am ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a difference!

    I have great 80's hair. Trouble is it hasn't been the 80's for ohhhh...26 years! My hair is quite thick, a combination of curly and wavy and kinking out in weird spots. And if I let it dry naturally....think BIG 80's hair. But with no control. Your "before" hair is what I dream of! As I have gotten older my hair has gotten more curly and more difficult. I resigned myself to being attached to my hair straightener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it with hair becoming more difficult as we age????I've found that too! This treatment would be even more amazing on your hair!

      Delete
  12. I had this treatment and loved it but I was part of a training program and one trainee wasn't as enthusiastic as the other and this showed in the results I believe. I also wasn't keen on the smell of the shampoo and conditioner you needed to use afterwards to maintain the treatment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised you didn't like the smell of the shampoo and conditioner. I'm using the bhave Rescue Intense Repair Shampoo and Conditioner after my treatment and I love it! I find it totally non-chemical smelling and gorgeous!

      Delete
  13. Sounds amazing and looks fab, Ingrid! No wonder you're so happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard so many good things about this treatment and your hair looks amazing Ingrid!

    I've had a keratin treatment before, but wasn't wowed by the results - more annoyed about being harassed into it & paying the big bikkies, only to think that it didn't really do anything for me. The leave-in treatment I was told to use afterwards made my hair snap when I used it, which wasn't pleasant....which led me to bhave funnily enough. I don't think I'd have another keratin treatment again, my hair's not that unruly and I'm concerned that history will repeat itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one should ever get harassed into getting a treatment they don't want or need! I wouldn't be returning to that particular salon if I were you!

      Delete
    2. It actually happened on board a cruise, where of course they're after the gratuities. I hope it never happens again, but if it does I'll definitely be putting my foot down!

      Delete
  15. WOW!!! This looks amazing and I totally have the same hair annoying not straight but not curly. Great review and I am so glad to finally know what keratin is!!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was an amazing transformation!

      Delete
  16. Your hair looks totally amazing! I wish I could afford to do this but my hairdresser once quoted me nearly $300 I just can't justify the cost. add to that I just pull my hair back in a mum bun anyway these days so it wouldn't be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG your hair looks amazing. I was born with unruly hair too.. not straight but not curly :( so annoying. I think I need this!!! xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! It's amazing how this treatment has converted my hair into so much lower maintenance hair than before.

      Delete
  18. Wow, your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! I'd be booking in for my next treatment too if my results were that impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazeballs! I'm very impressed. You look super chic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. this treatment looks so impressive. You must be over the moon! you're hair is absolutely stunning. I love the length x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! Loving the bhave brand I did have high expectations but my expectations were well and truly exceeded by the results!

      Delete
  21. I have seriously misbehaved hair, I'd love to have this done. I guess the cost is on par with a cut and colour these days so worth the cost. You hair looks amazing after the treatment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The treatment lasts up to 4 months so I'd say the cost is worth it. I feel like I got a bonus when this treatment refreshed my highlights making it look like new highlights had been applied as well!

      Delete
  22. My hair is frizz city! This looks the business - it's like every day is a good hair day after you've had that treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your hair looks amazing! Love it.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wore my hair up every single day in Singapore due to heat and the fact that in humidity it definitely does not behave. I wish I had this product before I ventured off shore!
    Thanks for joining in the Lovin' Life Linky again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally worth the investment for frizz free hair! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow that looks amazing! I so want to get it done to fix my frizz fest!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks fabulous!! I have horribly fizzy and curly hair and regularly have a smoothing treatment done every 3 or so months to keep it under control, it's kind of life changing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your hair looks gorgeous! I would love to try this! My hair always gets frizzy in the summer.

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great result! The treatment obviously works well to smooth the hair ♡

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great Post! The treatment sounds great! Your hair looks amazing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, what an incredible difference. I loved your hair before the treatment too though, but I can see how this product really works. I wonder if it would work well on hair which is going frizzy due to the grey creeping in?

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow, could i ever use this. You honestly have awesome hair before and after. I would take either!! :D

    ReplyDelete