Monday, 4 April 2016

March/April Fabulous Beauty Favourites

In the last couple of months I have been lucky enough to find a handful of fabulous new beauty products that have quickly become firm favourites of mine! I've never been one to keep a fabulous product secret so here's a blog post to share these new favourites with you.


March/April Fabulous Beauty Favourites

Emily Rose Cosmetics Mineral Vegan Lipstick in Burgundy Red
Two months ago I was lucky enough to be gifted this beautiful Emily Rose Cosmetics Burgundy Red lipstick. Since then it has quickly become one of my favourite lipsticks not only due to its stunning pigmentation but also due to its "goodness".


Emily Rose Burgundy Red Lipstick

Emily Rose Cosmetics is an Australian made, cruelty free cosmetics brand which is waterproof and melt proof. Its products are made from ingredients that are literally good enough to eat. The ingredients are 100% natural and vegan with a number of them being organic too. What we place on our lips we can't help but eat a bit of, what we eat affects our health and well being, so it makes sense to avoid putting unnecessary chemicals on our lips and in our body!


Emily Rose Burgundy Rose Lipstick

In addition this lipstick feels wonderfully moisturising and can be used on your lips, cheeks and eyelids. No wonder it has become a firm favourite of mine so quickly!

I've noticed on Emily Rose's website the Burgundy Red lipstick is currently sold out but she has a wide range of over 20 other gorgeous shades available. I especially love the look of the Blackforest Gateau lipstick for the upcoming winter season.

MOR Rosa Noir Hand & Body Wash
I've recently also been been loving the MOR Rosa Noir Hand & Body Wash. First off, let's just take a moment to admire its packaging! It looks gorgeous! I know that it's probably a bit superficial of me to place importance on the look of a product but I do love pretty things and this definitely falls into that category with it's stunning red bottle and luxe gold lettering and top! It also provides a special welcoming and luxurious touch in the guest bathroom when you have visitors and house guests.


MOR Rosa Noir Hand & Body Wash

Of course it's not only the packaging of this product that I love, I love the product itself too! The MOR Rosa Noir Hand & Body Wash is divinely but subtly scented with rose, freesia and lily of the valley and also has base notes of sandalwood and musk. It produces just the right amount of lather.

If you are interested in purchasing this product I have found it for approximately 15% off HERE. There's no point paying full price for a product when you don't have to! 

If you are interested in other MOR Rosa Noir products I have previously reviewed the MOR Rosa Noir Deluxe Soy Candle and Hand Cream HERE.

ck2
Over the past month or so I've also been loving Calvin Klein's latest fragrance ck2. It's a gender free fragrance described as 'urban woody fresh' with the tag lines of 'the thrill of life' and 'the 2 of us'. It contains the following notes:

  • Top: Wasabi, Mandarin, Violet Leaf Absolute
  • Middle: Wet Cobblestones, Orris Concrete, Rose Absolute
  • Base: Vetiver, Incense & Sandalwood.

To be honest my nose isn't sensitive enough to distinguish and identify all of these individual notes but I do know that I love what I smell! 


ck2

In addition I also love the simple minimalist bottle design of ck2. ck2 is housed in a clear glass bottle sitting upside down in a rectangular see-through base/lid. The bottle's stunning, relative simplicity sets it apart from a lot of other fragrance bottles currently in stores.

If you want to read 7 tips for making your fragrance last longer click HERE.

Faby Nature Collection - Silk Cocoon Shade
I'm impressed by this Faby Nature nail polish I was recently gifted. 87% of the ingredients of this nail polish are of natural origin from the manufacture of wood pulp, cotton, maize and other raw vegetable materials. The ingredients are not derived from petroleum. 


Faby Nature Silk Cocoon Nail Polish

To be honest I did not expect this polish to perform as well as it did. I was definitely pleasantly surprised! It glides onto my nails beautifully and evenly, and dries in minutes. It is opaque in two coats. The polish lasts on my nails for three - four days before chipping which is fairly good for me due to the amount I use my hands and I don't normally wear gloves whilst doing chores. I know, I know, I should protect my hands and nails more!

I love the creamy nude colour of this shade. I will be using this nail polish a lot during the autumn and winter months. I love how this product looks after my health and safety, and the environment whilst still being such high quality.

bhave Riot Control Oil (Riot Control Serum)
Regular readers of my blog would know of my love for bhave products and how they have attained holy grail status in my eyes, something I do not bestow lightly on a brand or product. I previously blogged about bhave products HERE.

Another of my holy grail hair products from the bhave brand is their Riot Control Oil (also known as Riot Control Serum). This product is close to miraculous in how it helps tame my frizzy and flyaway fine hair.


bhave Riot Control Oil

It is a lightweight product that doesn't weigh down my hair yet transforms it from being frizzy and flyaway to being beautifully smooth, shiny and soft. The transformation really is amazing! I only need to use a small amount of this product to get a fabulous result. I suspect my 100ml bottle will last me for a long time despite my regular use of it! 

bhave Riot Control Oil contains argan oil and vitamin E. It is thus very moisturising and nourishing, and strengthens my hair shafts whilst taming my frizz and adding shine. Like all bhave products it contains no parabens, sulphates or sodium chloride and is thus perfect for colour or keratin treated hair.

I have had difficulties finding a local salon which supplies bhave products so I now buy all my bhave products from Alive Skin + Hair. I've also found this website's prices to be a bit cheaper than salon prices. Yay! 

Have you used any of these above products?
What are your recent favourite beauty finds? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

51 comments:

  1. I own bhave's Riot Control Oil & I like it! So true about only needing a small amount...I've doused my hair in it before & the results weren't flash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Used in the right quantities it works wonders!

      Delete
  2. As a vegetarian, I'm very interested in vegan products. I'm going to have to give that lipstick a try.Seems like I need that riot control oil as well. My hair definitely is a riot these days ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bhave can get any hair riot under control!

      Delete
  3. Going to have to find me some riot control, that sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome product Nicole, especially if you have fine, frizzy or flyaway hair like mine.

      Delete
  4. It's not so recent a find, but I am still in love with my Go-To products. The face wash and lip balm in particular are absolute winners in my book. I won't use anything else anymore.
    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to try the Go-To products. I'll have to keep an eye out for them to try soon.

      Delete
  5. Love the colour of that lippy. Not sure how it would look on me though. That's always my problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burgundy Red is a fairly universally flattering colour but I agree it is hard buying lippies without trying them first. You could check out Emily Rose Cosmetics' instagram account and see if she has any photos of someone wearing that lippie who has similar skin colouring to you.

      Delete
  6. I've included the CK2 in my favourites too. It's such a lovely scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must have the same taste in fragrances Amy!

      Delete
  7. Wasabi in perfume...love eating it, must go and see if I like smelling it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit this is one of the scent notes I couldn't distinguish in this fragrance! All good however as I don't know that I'd want to smell like wasabi!

      Delete
  8. The MOR Hand & Body Wash sounds delightful! I love the fragrances and you're spot on with the pretty packaging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely bit of luxury to indulge in everyday!

      Delete
  9. You have introduced me to 2 new brands I didn't know about Emily Rose and Faby. I will look into those. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather up here as all my make up melted during summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to introduce brands I love to others! :)

      Delete
  10. Oooooh, I like the colour of that nail polish. And the name Emily Rose ... that right there has the X factor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily Rose is a pretty name indeed! Very suitable for a makeup artist and cosmetics brand!

      Delete
  11. I was gifted some bhave styling powder at the Bloggers United event and haven't had a chance to check it out yet, must do! Also need a whiff of that ck2 - I'm after a new fragrance and my Mum is currently overseas, hello Duty Free!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need that riot control now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love the CK2. Deliciousness! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colour of that lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to jump on board the Bhave train - every review I read says marvellous things...time to flash some cash I think! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That nail polish sounds lovely! The only other natural polish I've heard of before is Zoya, but it's so tricky to find here in Australia :(

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. That MOR stuff looks gorgeous - especially the packaging!! Also that shade really suits you, I was expecting it to be super dark and rich but it looks just right! xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love learning about products I hadn't previously known of! I'm particularly interested in the Emily Rose products - being vegan and many also organic. Loving that lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That lipstick is gorgeous, I love the shade! I've only just grown my nails, the first time EVER in my life and so I love that neutral looking polish. I'm trying to build my collection because as a previous nail biter, I have nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Emily Rose Burgundy Rose Lipstick looks stunning on you! I'll have to try out the brand sometime. I have the CK perfume and really hate it! If you want a second bottle for free, feel free to email me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you hate the ck2 fragrance! I guess we all love different scents. I'd love a second bottle if you don't want yours.I'll send you an email.

      Delete
  21. Yes to the body wash.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE this post my friend and so glad i came across your blog through the link up! happy friday and hope you'll stop by mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice post! I have never heard of some of these products. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have introduced you to some of my current favourite products and brands!

      Delete
  24. I always love hearing about the latest at MOR. They're such a great brand and I love their packaging.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish I had that BHAVE with me in ARuba!! My hair is one big frizz ball. The fly-aways are ridiculous.

    Thanks for joining the Lovin' Life Linky again this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to buy a travel set of bhave products before your next holiday! Enjoy the rest of this holiday! What an amazing location!

      Delete
  26. Never tried the CK but I love the bottle enough to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. CK2 is everywhere at the moment. I feel like I am missing out on something and might need to go into a store for a smell.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wasabi!? wow!! i wouldn't have picked that up. I can definitely smell the woodiness, it's hands down one of my favourite fragrances of all time!

    Lily not Louise

    ReplyDelete
  29. All these products sound fabulous. The hand wash sounds really good! Have to track down some CK2, sounds really interesting. Wet cobblestones has made me curious as to what it smells like!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great post! The lipstick sounds amazing and the colour is to die for! Looks great on you too Ingrid.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've never seen any of these brands (except for ck), they need to get their butts over here to Canada.. sound and look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. One of my favourite articles of yours Ingrid - you have such a delightful writing style, informative and so honest, I feel like we're having a coffee together ♥ That MOR body wash is a MUST for me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've always loved Calvin Klein fragrances. c2k sounds like it's amazing. Love that burgundy red lipstick. Especially on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the Rosa Noir hand cream by Mor so I must try the body wash out. You have me sold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I do like the nail polish. Thanks for sharing on #overthemoon

    ReplyDelete