Monday, 25 April 2016

My Boutique Curves Brand Representative - Olivia Dress in 'So Frenchy'

I am so excited to announce that I have been chosen as one of three My Boutique Curves brand representatives for the next 12 months.

My Boutique Curves is an Australian fashion label created by Danielle Faulkner to fill the gap in the market for stylish and affordable clothing for the curvier woman. It is the sister label to the My Boutique label.  My Boutique Curves stocks sizes 16 to 24 whilst My Boutique stocks sizes 8 to 14. 

Both labels use exclusive prints that are designed in-house which means you'll be able to buy a piece of clothing from there and not see it everywhere you go!

My favourite piece of clothing from the new collection now online at My Boutique Curves is the Olivia Dress in 'So Frenchy'. I love stripes and I love bold fabric designs. Working part time and having three children I need affordable clothing that is also versatile. I need clothes that I can wear to work but which will also fit in with my non work lifestyle. The Olivia Dress in 'So Frenchy' fits the bill perfectly!

The features of the Olivia dress that curvy girls will love are the longer sleeves to cover our upper arms, the loose fit, so you don't have to worry when ordering this dress online whether it's going to fit you or not when you receive it and the high/low hem line. This hem line covers everything that needs to be covered at the back and at the front it stylishly shows a bit more leg.

Below I have styled this dress four ways for various different environments and activities.

Style 1 - Casual Look 1
For my first styling of the My Boutique Curves Olivia 'So Frenchy' dress I teamed it with my super comfortable silver sneakers, a wide brimmed hat and matching bag. A long necklace completed the look. A perfect everyday style for running around the suburbs completing chores!



My Boutique Curves Olivia Dress in 'So Frenchy' $79.95 / Seed Heritage Silver Sneakers (similar silver sneakers available here reduced to $34.97) / Tiffany & Co Elsa Peretti Sevillana pendant necklace (similar style of necklace available here $19.95). 

This styling was also perfect for a casual stroll around North Head at Manly whilst admiring the view and playing tourist in my own local area. 



The next photo shows the wonderful longer back of this dress. 


I love how the back of this dress billowed out behind me as I strolled along the headland.



Style 2 - Casual Look 2
This second look is the same as above but with the addition of a wide belt to give my waist a bit of definition. Some curvy girls are reluctant to add a belt but I believe it gives more shape. If you have a waist, a wide belt accentuates it and shows it off. If you don't have a defined waist a wide belt will help you fake a waist! Either way it's a flattering look!



My Boutique Curves Olivia Dress in 'So Frenchy' $79.95 / Seed Heritage Silver Sneakers (similar silver sneakers here reduced to $34.97) / Tiffany & Co Elsa Peretti Sevillana pendant necklace (similar style of necklace here $19.95) / My Size Wide Stretch Belt (not current). 

I love the back of this dress as much as the front, so here's a look at this styling from the back.




Style 3 - Smart Casual
This third look was achieved by adding one of this season's must have pieces, a chambray shirt. By tying it at the waist once again you are either accentuating your waist or faking a waist! You can tie the shirt at either your waist level or lower down if this is more comfortable for you. Adding strappy red sandals instead of the silver sneakers elevates the complete outfit to a smarter look.

Also let me introduce you to Ellie-May, my photo bombing bunny!




My Boutique Curves Olivia Dress in 'So Frenchy' $79.95 / Hugo Belle Hula Red Sandals (not current) / Sportscraft Chambray Shirt currently reduced to $104.99 (Here's a similar chambray shirt from Kmart for $20).

Style 4 - Work Wear 
By adding black closed toe shoes with a bit of a heel and a black jacket this outfit is now one I would wear to work.



My Boutique Curves Olivia Dress in 'So Frenchy' $79.95 / Sussans jacket (not current) / Ziera shoes (not current).


Which Styling Of This Dress Is Your Favourite? 
xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:



48 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I need to get a wide black belt so I can wear this cinched waist style to work with my black jacket.

      Delete
  2. Love this dress with the denim shirt. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first look. It's relaxed and looks so comfy. What a versatile dress. I love the name of it too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sign of a good dress when you love it just plain and simple as it was made without the need to add anything to it!

      Delete
  4. What a great dress and how exciting to be an ambassador. I will check out their range online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great dress and very flattering!

      Delete
  5. Congrats, how exciting! Love this dress, it looks stylish and comfy. I totally agree re the longer sleeves. You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di, I am excited and very grateful about this opportunity! Longer sleeves are definitely more flattering that sleeveless for me these days!

      Delete
  6. Congrats Ingrid. That is fabulous news. The dress you are showing off today looks comfortable and beautiful on you #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Niiiiiiiiiiice! Congrats on becoming an ambassador :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you seriously a size 16? No way! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet for the lovely compliment! That's the trick of wearing a flattering dresses! I also think horizontal stripes are slimming despite the myth that they are not!

      Delete
  9. I love that dress. It looks fantastic on you. I have a similar one and love how it's shorter at the front and longer at the back. What an exciting opportunity for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! High/low hemlines are great aren't they!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on the brand rep role and this dress is really fun. My favourite look is the denim shirt tied over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! The chambray shirt over the dress is perfect styling for the cooler autumn weather we are finally starting to experience here in Sydney. I can see myself wearing this style quite a lot this season.

      Delete
  11. Congrats Ingrid! My favorite look would be No 2. You look really beautiful in every look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this dress!! So cute and suits you so well! I think I love look 1, just free flowing naturally in the wind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way this dress billows behind me as I stride along!

      Delete
  13. The flowing billowing shot! loveheart eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimba! I love the billowing nature of this dress!

      Delete
  14. The third shot is definitely my favourite! Though I may be slightly biased due to the bunny :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Upstaged by my bunny! Ellie-May is cute isn't she!

      Delete
  15. Yep, just adore that dress, especially with the chambray top! You look cute as can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the first look! Those white sneakers are so cute and I love the dress. :)

    - Hannah, www.thecatsandcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the sneakers are actually silver! I love a bit of sparkle and shine!

      Delete
  17. Congratulations on your ambassadorship! That dress looks great on you, especially with the chambray shirt. What a versatile piece!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely dress! I love it and love how you styled it in different ways. XO ~Anna www.pepperedinstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That dress looks SO comfy! Just my style ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the chambray shirt! What a great way to style it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab dress, Ingrid! Love My Boutique too.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun striped dress! I love the high low hem!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look stunning in that dress! It really suits you.
    x Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  24. I could have done with the big loose version of that dress while in Singapore. I was seriously contemplating buying a muumuu while I was over there it was so darn hot and humid. Love all the styles on you but I think I like the denim shirt combination the best. Perhaps because denim shirts are so in right now.

    Thanks for linking with the Lovin' Life Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations and you look fabulous. I didn't realise you were an Aussie blogger like me. I'm from Brisbane. Thanks for sharing your success with us at Over the Moon and good luck with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous dress! Love it with the denim shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like the look with the chambray shirt. I thought I had got past my bunny desire but your photobombing friend has reignited the need. Damn Queensland laws!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So pretty. :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is the cutest dress and perfect for summer. I love your pretty photos Manly beach!
    Thanks for joining us and sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    We hope to see you again and enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete