Monday, 16 May 2016

Kimono Style Jacket Love

Kimono style jackets are the perfect on trend garment for transeasonal dressing when it's a bit too cool for summer clothing on its own but not cold enough for a winter jacket or jumper.

Kimono style jackets are stylish, practical and extremely flattering for inbetweenie and plus size ladies.

I love this My Boutique Curves Riviera Kimono Style Jacket in 'French Navy' from the new 'Hello Sailor' collection.




Seed Silver Elastic Sneakers (similar here $49.95)  / Seed Hat (similar here $39.99 $20) 

The longer length at the back, the diagonally sloping side hem of the jacket and the front opening elongates the body and makes it appear slimmer, with the draping of the fabric hiding any lumps or bumps that may exist around your middle. The longer sleeves provide extra coverage for the upper arms.

I have previously teamed this kimono style jacket with a maxi skirt and with a corporate style pencil skirt. I have also worn it belted at the waist but my favourite way of styling it is with a pair of slim leg pants such as my indigo Rockmans Biker Jeggings, silver sneakers and hat as pictured.

A rose gold necklace also never goes astray as a stylish accessory! See my post about Rose Gold Makeup and Jewellery here.




Seed Silver Elastic Sneakers (similar here $49.95)  / Seed Hat (similar here $39.99 $20) 

As a final note I must add that the My Boutique Curves kimono style Riviera Jacket fully passes my twirl test with flying colours! I love the way this kimono swishes and billows behind me as I twirl and walk.






Seed Silver Elastic Sneakers (similar here $49.95)  / Seed Hat (similar here $39.99 $20) 

Are you a fan of kimono style jackets? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

The photographed kimono style jacket was kindly gifted to me by My Boutique Curves. 
All other items were purchased by me. All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.


47 comments:

  1. I own a few kimonos. I love wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimonos are so easy yet stylish to wear!

      Delete
  2. Looking fab, Ingrid! I love a kimono like this one. xo

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own a kimono, but you've inspired me, as it looks so stylish and versatile. I recognize the bird (flamingo?) water feature in your photo, my son has posed there, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling Harbour is one of my favourite spots in Sydney, especially for the evening fireworks and dinner!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE a good kimono - Icadoo on Instagram is awesome at them. They are a really good option for Brisbane (because at least you can feel like you are wearing a jacket even though it's not close to cold).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love Andrea's style and do follow her on Instagram.

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted to buy a kimono but have never found one I really like. I love this one on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! This one is so versatile, I can wear it to work or on weekends.

      Delete
  6. I'm not a huge fan of kimono jackets but I do love that it has twirl factor! #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves the twirl factor!

      Delete
  7. I am now the proud owner of two kimonos - one black and pastel floral, one black/turquoise/white/yellow tribal print. And like you say, they are perfect for this time of year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beware kimonos have a habit of multiplying!

      Delete
  8. I am not a kimono girl. They just aren't me.
    I'm glad you've got one you love though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My wardrobe has a couple of kimono's (ok lot's). They offer such a cool boho vibe. You look all kinds of fabulous Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a huge fan of Kimonos! They'e fashionable and hide lumps and bumps. This one looks fab on you. Looks great casual and dressy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Ingrid, you scored a mention on my blog today! http://bit.ly/1XlCX0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heading over now to check it out Janet!

      Delete
  12. I'm starting to embrace the kimono. They help hide the swelling in my arms without restricting them and making matters worse. So wish my wardrobe didn't need to accommodate my health issues as much as it currently does. I'm tempted to race out and grab those biker jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Biker Jeggings are really comfortable Raychael. Since writing this post I've now bought another pair in black this time, in a smaller size for a more fitted look.

      Delete
  13. Great look! Kimono's are great, especially for Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Kimono style. The flowing sleeves are uber flattering. I've got similar styles from the lightest of cottons to padded fabrics and everything in between.

    Love this on you - and how good are the jeggings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I probably need one....to hide the butt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a lovely jacket- there are so many nice ones around at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of kimonos around at the moment. You could probably find one to match almost any outfit currently.

      Delete
  17. I am - it looks lovely. I'm carrying a lot of weight at the moment so I think it'd help hide the scary bits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. This kimono does a good job at hiding my scary bits!

      Delete
  18. Such a fabulous kimono - My Boutique has the most gorgeous prints

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to know they are unique prints especially designed for My Boutique and My Boutique Curves.

      Delete
  19. I am a big fan of kimonos as well. I never thought to belt them though. I will have to give that a try! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also seen some people knot the front together on long kimonos.

      Delete
  20. Love how you have styled it . Its such a comfy throw on item and I just brought myself some biker jeggings yesterday too . X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The biker jeggings are so comfortable. I'm wearing them again today!

      Delete
  21. I don't own a kimino but you have inspired me to give it a go. Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go, see what you think, I think kimonos are a great garment!

      Delete
  22. Oh I so need one of these to transition to Brisbane's "winter"! Lovely kimono!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we had Brisbane winters in Sydney I'd wear mine all winter!

      Delete
  23. Totally gorgeous!!! Love a good kimono!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've seen you rocking a couple of kimonos on IG Bron!

      Delete
  24. Cuuute! I have one but have been told (thank Nanna) that it makes me look larger than I am. I think I'll give it another chance :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Really Nanna? I think kimonos are slimming!

      Delete
  25. I do like my kimono but I never wear it?! I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kimono is fab, keep seeing these all over the blogs and need to get mine out and start wearing it!..Lovely to read your blog...Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete