Monday, 2 May 2016

The Perfect Inbetweenie & Plus Size Jeans and Shirt

Hallelujah! I can't quite believe my luck! I have finally found the perfect pair of inbetweenie/plus size jeans! 

This is a monumental achievement for me, let me tell you! Jeans and I usually do NOT have a loving relationship! As a size 16 I fall into the inbetweenie category where I can wear both larger standard size clothes and also smaller plus size clothes. Yet up to now somehow I've never been able to find a pair of jeans that fit me well and that I was truly happy with.

I have struggled with all sorts of ill fitting jeans in the past - jeans that are too tight around my thighs but loose around my waist, jeans that sit too low on my hips revealing way more than I want them to whenever I crouch or bend over, jeans with zippers that won't stay up, jeans with zippers I can't do up and many more disastrous styles too!

My luck in finding the perfect pair of jeans however changed for the better when I recently volunteered to play model for beme fashions at the Kids Business Bloggers Brunch last week in Sydney.

Photo Credit: Kim-Marie Williams from KimbaLikes.



For those not familiar with beme, beme is a plus size brand that specifically tailors the latest fashions to flatter the silhouette of curvy women, with styles available from size 14 to 26. 

Beme supplied me with a pair of beme Regular Length Skinny Leg Shape Secret Jeans in black. I had advised beme that I was a size 16 and I was horrified when they sent me size 14 jeans but to my amazement these jeans fit perfectly! So when ordering jeans from beme consider buying down a size.


The beme Regular Length Skinny Leg Shape Secret Jeans in black have a clever secret support power mesh control panel to hold you in where you need it, creating a slim silhouette, yet they also feel completely comfortable. I experienced no discomfort or tightness whatsoever in the tummy region. 

The denim is good quality, soft and stretchy. These jeans also feature the usual two front pockets and two back pockets. 

These jeans come in three lengths, short, regular and long, and in two shades, black and indigo. Guess who is now going shopping to get the indigo pair as well! When I find an item of clothing that I love and that fits perfectly, especially pants, and in this case the previously elusive perfect jean, I buy in every possible colour!

Photo Credit: beme

I also love the Military Romance shirt in Harmony that beme supplied me with for wearing to the recent Bloggers Brunch event.

It's another garment that has been created to make inbetweenie and plus size curvy ladies look great and feel confident. Its long line design covers all the lumps and bumps you want it to cover, as do the three quarter length sleeves, and it looks very slimming on. 

The beautiful turquoise, pink and purple print is fashionable and on trend. In all the photos I am wearing a size 16 in this shirt.



The button up shape and cut away collar have a dressed up feel to it and this is a style that can easily be dressed up for work or smart evening wear, or dressed down for weekend wear. Working part time I look for exactly this sort of versatility in all my clothes!



Oh and I must mention that this top is twirl inspiring! You'll need to humour me a little here and overlook my love of twirling, which I never outgrew since I was a child. Lol! To me it's the ultimate sign of a great outfit that I feel comfortable in, that I feel a desire to twirl in it! The twirl photo does also nicely show you the back of this shirt, albeit a bit blurred from my twirling! 


Here's an image of the back when I stopped twirling for a moment!



Outfits that make me feel good, make me want to twirl and smile and laugh! 



Finally to elevate this outfit style one step further you can accessorise it with the latest on trend item from Table Eight, a black skinny macrame scarf.




Have you found the perfect pair of jeans to suit your shape and needs? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

The above outfit was kindly gifted to me to wear to the Bloggers Brunch event in Sydney last week.
 All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.


31 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I am so excited. I am an inbetweener in sizes too and I hate shopping for that reason. I had no idea this store existed! Aah! My pants are all falling apart too. And they have a store not too far from me. Yay!! Guess who's going shopping when she gets paid again haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love beme if you're an inbetweenie like me! I'm already planning my next visit to them as well!

      Delete
  2. Totally! I am exactly the same size and often just avoid wearing jeans as it is too hard and not comfy (those love handles need some room). These sounds fab and can't wait to check them out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are quite a lot of inbetweenie and plus sized women who have avoided wearing jeans in the past but who would absolutely love beme's jeans!

      Delete
  3. Power mesh control panel? Yes please, sounds perfect to keep my tummy in! You look awesome in them, Ingrid! x

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di! I can't believe how flattering and comfortable these jeans are!

      Delete
  4. I bought a gorgeous pair of jeans from Target recently. They feel amazing and I wish I could find another pair but they ran out. There's nothing like a good pair of jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when an item you love is discontinued! That's why I plan to buy these jeans in every colour available!

      Delete
  5. They look fantastic on you. Love that shirt too and the lippy. Great colour. I bought a pair of Seed jeans with ripped knees last year that I love. They've torn too much though, so I'm up for a new pair this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! I hope you find a new pair of jeans quickly and easily!

      Delete
  6. You looked so great in that outfit. I'm a big jegging fan and even after 8 years of living down under still buy my jeans from Dorothy Perkins in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammie! It's lucky that it's such a small world these days and you're still able to buy your favourite UK jeans from Australia!

      Delete
  7. I am about to start my hunt for a new pair of jeans for the season. Time to buy some with out tears in them I think. Just Jeans always have my fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the jean shopping. It's good you've found your go-to store for jeans that suit you.

      Delete
  8. I stopped wearing jeans over a year ago, because of the weird baby-tummy-sloping-thing I've got going on, so I'll have to hunt out these jeans and try them on! Thanks for linking to my #BEDMay project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been avoiding jeans for a while too because I found it so hard to find comfortable and flattering ones! That's why I love sharing the news now I've finally found a pair that I consider perfect for us inbetweenie and plus sized gals!

      Delete
  9. Any jean that comes in a short length is a good start for me! I've managed to find a few decent pairs lately, including the Dannii Minogue Petite range at Target and Cotton On "ankle grazers" which are just the right length!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good that brands are now catering not only for the average height person but also the shorter and taller people too!

      Delete
  10. You look beautiful! I love the picture of you laughing. The jeans look great on you. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. I'm happy sharing about fashion and beauty items that I have tried and loved!

      Delete
  11. Looking gorgeous. Loved this outfit on you. Off to check out if these pants come in short length for the height challenged like myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in luck Raychael, these jeans come in short, regular and long length.

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous outfit and awesome that you found your perfect jeans! I also am an inbetweenie and recently discovered Gap jeans to perfect for me! Although Target has redesigned their jeans and I often can find well-fitting ones there, too. Options are always good, right?! My new fave for hiding my lumps and bumps are the high-waisted flares currently trending. For me, they are perfect! Cheers to finding great jeans!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your find! I don't think it matters what size you are finding the perfect pair of jeans is tricky! Don't even get me started how you can be completely different sizes across brands! It makes ordering online so tricky! I would love it if you would add this post to my fashion link up this week :) http://sydneyfashionhunter.com/2016/05/destroyed-denim.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving that macrame scarf too! I had no idea about these jeans so thanks for opening my eyes to them. www.yummomummo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I might have to go in to my local store and give them a try, I am in desperate need of new jeans and it's so hard to find good ones that fit. I'll be interested to see how long they last, my last pair didn't last more than a few months before they were thinned right out between the thighs and it was such a waste of money! My jeans are a core part of my Mum uniform and as such they need to stand up to almost constant wear!
    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Doesn't it make a difference having a slick pair of jeans that you feel good and confident in? After my third baby I am 20 kg heavier than I have ever been before. I am now a size 14 when I was once a 8-10. I have really noticed how difficult it is to find good clothing that fits well, and looks good. It's infuriating really considering the fact that a size 14 is the Australian average.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jeans are my favourite piece of clothing in the cupboard. I couldn't pick a fav as I would upset one of the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw you rocking these at the Kidsbusiness brunch, and I'm psyched to read this review! I'm an in-betweener, too, and I think I'm definitely going to have to give these jeans a try. They sound like perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They sound so comfy! Glad to read they do them in short size.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You. Look. FABULOUS! DF xoxo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete