Thursday, 16 June 2016

Boots Laboratories Serum7 LIFT Product Review

With the triple whammy of the dehydrating winter season finally having arrived in Sydney, working in an air conditioned office all day and my 40+ year old ageing skin, I've had to up my skin care game lately to ensure my skin stays well moisturised and healthy, and doesn't age any faster than necessary.

Thus the opportunity to trial the pictured three Boots Serum7 LIFT skincare products couldn't have come at a better time!  


Boots Serum7 LIFT Products

Boots Skincare is the UK's number one skincare line and includes three ranges:
  • Serum7 for 28 - 40 year olds. Formulated to improve the early signs of ageing and to keep skin looking younger for longer.
  • Serum7 LIFT for 40 - 55 year olds. Formulated to combat the three key signs of ageing, namely deeper lines and wrinkles, loss of firmness and uneven skin tone.
  • Serum7 Renew for 55+ year olds. Aimed at women with more mature skin who want to regain the qualities of younger skin. This range reportedly not only reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles but also offers brightening, repairing, protecting and moisturising skin.
Boots Laboratories has a heritage of over 160 years and has spent over 30 years studying the clinical signs of ageing. They have conducted 40 studies involving over 2000 women on their Serum7 skincare ranges which have revealed younger looking skin in just 28 days! How impressive is that! No wonder I was keen to start my trial of these products as soon as I received them.

Boots Serum7 LIFT Firming Day Cream 50ml $36

Boots Serum7 LIFT Firming Day Cream

The Boots Laboratories Serum7 LIFT Firming Day Cream comes packaged in a stylish looking glass jar. Unfortunately there is no spatula provided with the product so to apply the cream you need to dip your fingers into the jar. Although the jar looks beautiful sitting on my vanity I'd prefer either a tube you can squeeze the product out of or a bottle with a pump dispenser to minimise the amount of air getting to the product and also to increase the hygiene surrounding the use of this product, but I realise this is just my personal preference and more important is what the product actually performs like.

The Boots Laboratories Serum7 LIFT Firming Day Cream has a lovely thick consistency, hence the reason for the jar as opposed to a tube or pump bottle, I suspect. 

I found the cream to be rich and nourishing and to easily absorb into my skin.

After use my skin felt silkier, smoother, firmer and definitely more moisturised. It also looked more luminous and radiant, and thus younger. 

Although my skin did look "plumper" after using this cream, which had the effect of softening my deeper wrinkles, it didn't eliminate them all together, but that might just need a miracle rather than a skin care product! 

I like that this product contains SPF15 and UVA protection but I wish it contained an even higher SPF so I would be comfortable wearing it outdoors with no extra sun protection required. On weekends when I'm outdoors for significant periods of time I always apply additional SPF50+. Having had a malignant melanoma once I don't want to experience another one!

Boots Serum7 LIFT Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream 15ml $28

Boots Serum7 LIFT Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream

The Boots Serum7 Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream comes in a 15ml tube with a fine nozzle at the end. This is great packaging and makes this eye cream easy to apply in the exact quantity you need.

I was impressed with how well this eye cream absorbed into my skin.

After almost three weeks of use I found the Boots Laboratories Serum7 Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream did seem to even out my skin tone around my eye and left my skin feeling smoother and firmer. It reduced some of the puffiness and dark circles under my eyes. Once again this product softened the look of the deep wrinkles around my eyes but did not fully eliminate them. I'm hopeful with continued use of this product I will continue to see more improvements.

Boots Serum7 LIFT Deep Wrinkle Repair Serum 30ml $38

Boots Serum7 LIFT Deep Wrinkle Repair Serum

The Boots Laboratories Serum7 LIFT Deep Wrinkle Repair Serum comes in a 30ml tube with a fine nozzle similar to the eye cream. In an independent 12 month clinical study it has been proven to restore firmness and reduce the appearance of deep lines and wrinkles by up to 50% in just 4 weeks.

I have been using this serum for almost three weeks in conjunction with the other Boots Laboratory Serum7 LIFT products mentioned above and I have found my skin tone has become more even and my skin does look 'plumper' which has had the effect of softening and reducing my wrinkles. I can't accurately say by how much but it has been a noticeable enough difference for me to continue using these products for a longer period to see what further beneficial effects these products may produce.

All of the Boots Laboratories Serum7 LIFT products are hypoallergenic.

In Australia Boots Laboratories Serum7 LIFT products are available exclusively from Amcal, Amcal Max and Guardian Pharmacies.



Do you change your skin care routine in winter?

What anti-ageing skin care products do you use?

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:
The above Boots Serum7 LIFT products were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration.
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

24 comments:

  1. I am using a jar of Boots' night cream at the moment and I am so impressed! I would love to try out the range! I did not know the company was that established. I scored my jar in my Marie Claire Parcel. Thanks for sharing their other goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one product I didn't review from this range. It's good to know that it is an impressive product.

      Delete
  2. Is this Boots as in English Boots? If so, I've been loving their products for years. It's good to know that they're now available down under :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is the UK Boots. They're available here in Amcal and Guardian Pharmacies.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, the very first makeup I had (in the early 1980s) was 'Boots'. I have no idea where it came from - given I was living in regional Qld, but I still remember it to this day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a good memory! I'd have no idea what brand my first makeup or skincare was!

      Delete
  4. I hear ya! Damn 40+ year old ageing skin.
    I am struggling with the Vegas extreme dry heat this week. My poor skin is going prune like!
    Thanks for joining the Lovin' Life Linky again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do quite like Boots - affordable, effective skincare! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah. Boots is definitely a great brand at a great price.

      Delete
  6. I wonder if these will come to Canada. I'm such a skincare junkie i want to try them all! I really need help with my under eye puffs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised Boots aren't in Canada as they are such an established international brand.

      Delete
  7. I do know that skincare can be hard to test! It sounds like a good line though, glad it helped to plump your skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always takes me longer to test skincare than makeup! I like to trial it for at least two weeks, if not four, before I review it.

      Delete
  8. I have heard so many good things about the boots line, would be interested to see how you feel about it once you've finished it all too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make sure to include these products in an empties post once I've finished them.

      Delete
  9. The Boots Serum7 LIFT Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream sounds amazing! I would definitely love to give this a go. I love that they have ranges for different age groups too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's reassuring knowing that the product you are using with the Boots Serum7 different age ranges are specifically created to address the skincare issues common for your age group.

      Delete
  10. I really enjoyed the night cream - lovely consistency and it hydrated my skin beautifully, but it didn't do much for my age-related issues - obviously I need the extra strength one for 55 plussers lol! Thanks for a beaut review Ingrid - you always hit the mark hon ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good how Boots have the different ranges of products to best suit different ages. Not too many skincare ranges have this.

      Delete
  11. I need to get on this! Sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These products are definitely tracking down in your local Amcal or Guardian pharmacy.

      Delete
  12. The Deep Wrinkle Repair Serum sounds great! I like that they target different age groups. Loved your review :)

    ReplyDelete