Monday, 13 June 2016

Curvy Women Can Wear Sparkles!

Forget the 'rules'!

If you like sparkles, wear sparkles!

Who says curvy women can't wear sparkles? Definitely not me! 

In fact I actually say the opposite! Yes, you read that right! Not only do I think curvy women can wear sparkles, I think curvy women should wear sparkles!

Viewing the latest collection from beme which includes several sparkly items, it seems beme agrees.

beme is a plus size brand that specifically tailors the latest fashions to flatter the silhouette of curvy women, with styles available in sizes 14 and up. It has outfits to suit all occasions ranging from casual to evening.

beme have well thought out styles that make curvy women look great and feel confident in our curves. beme uses clever design, and on occasions sparkles - yay! - to effectively emphasise parts of the body we want to emphasise and to draw attention away from other parts of the body which we might prefer not to emphasise, for example, our tummy, upper arms, thighs and butt!

Let me share with you some of my favourite current beme fashions that incorporate sparkle, and explain their clever design features and how they flatter us curvy women.

Firstly lets look at this beme 3/4 Sleeve Lurex Studded Top which has subtle sparkles throughout the fabric and also stunning sparkly black beading studded around the shoulder cut outs and neckline. This sparkle softens the black and makes it more flattering to wear.

beme 3/4 Sleeve Lurex Studded Top $69.99 

The black beading around the shoulder cut outs and neckline draws the eye to these areas of the body, showing off our sexy shoulders, as everyone's shoulders look sexy in my opinion, and draws attention up towards our face and away from our tummy, waist and butt! The shoulder cut outs show off our sexy shoulders but hide any flabby bits we might have under our upper arms.

One of the reasons I love beme outfits so much is because they are always fashionable and in style. beme recognises the fact that curvy girls want on trend outfits too! The cold shoulder look is currently totally on trend! 

beme 3/4 Sleeve Lurex Studded Top $69.99 

The long length of this top completely covers the butt area and flatteringly skims over the tummy and waist areas. It also elongates the body. No wonder I love this top!


beme 3/4 Sleeve Lurex Studded Top $69.99 
beme Regular Length Skinny Leg Shape Secret Jeans $69.99 
Wittner Dane Heel $179.95

Here's a close up of the sparkly lurex fabric! Isn't it gorgeous and subtle without being over the top sparkly. If you want more sparkles for special evening wear this top also comes in a gold lurex fabric.
Wearing a beautiful sparkly fabric, in a flattering design like this, makes us curvy women feel good about our curves and gives us an extra confidence boost!

Another flattering beme jumper incorporating sparkles is this stunning beme Long Sleeve Sparkle Knit in a lovely wine shade which has a flecked sequin finish that brings a dressed up feel to it. I've worn this jumper dressed up with a black pencil skirt and also more casually with jeans. I absolutely love it! It fulfills my love of sparkles whilst still looking classy and elegant. The gorgeous wine shade is a universally flattering winter colour.


beme Long Sleeve Sparkle Knit in Wine $69.99

This knit fits nicely over the shoulders, has long sleeves and a large V neckline. It fits loosely and skims flatteringly over the waist and tummy areas. I also love the longer length lining which floats out from the bottom of the knit, increasing the length of it - absolutely perfect for us curvy women! The sparkles draw attention to the top and away from our butt, thighs and legs.

beme Long Sleeve Sparkle Knit in Wine $69.99

Here's a close up of this gorgeous sparkly knit. It also comes in a cream colour version.

beme Long Sleeve Sparkle Knit in Wine $69.99

Finally, another of my favourite beme sparkly knits is the cute beme Sequin Heart Jumper. The black sequin heart detail adds a flash of glamour and fun to this cosy charcoal coloured wool mix jumper. I love, love, LOVE it! 

Wearing this jumper over a white shirt with the hem and cuffs "framing" the jumper makes the sequined black heart stand out even more. 


beme Sequin Heart Jumper $59.99
Rockmans Tuxedo Shirt $39.99

The sparkly heart design draws the eye upwards and the design once again is loose around the middle, skimming flatteringly over the tummy and waist area. The V shape of the bottom of the heart creates a slimming effect at the waist. This is another beme item that makes me feel good about my curves and gives me an extra confidence boost! Thanks beme!



In the photos of this jumper I've tucked the bottom of the jumper up to show the white hem of the shirt. It would otherwise be approximately the same length as the shirt. 


beme Sequin Heart Jumper $59.99
Rockmans Tuxedo Shirt $39.99
Rockmans Full Length Zip Detail Slim Leg Jean in Mulberry $59.99 (currently on sale)
 
Wittner Dane Heel $179.95


Here's a close up of the sequined heart.


beme Sequin Heart Jumper $59.99

To see the full range of current beme fashions click on this link to take you to http://www.beme.com.au/

If you hurry you can also check out the current sale items there at 50 - 75% off!

You can also view more photos of beme style at https://www.instagram.com/bemestyle/.


Are you a lover of sparkles like me? 

Do you wear sparkles during the day or in the evening or both?



xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:


beme items photographed above were chosen by me but were kindly gifted by beme. 
Rockmans items were gifted by Rockmans.
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

53 comments:

  1. Oh I love the two black tops!! Beautiful. Might have to check them out. I have shopped myself to oblivion this week and spent WAY too much on clothes and shoes. In fact, I just bought a pair of those shoes you are wearing by Top End, reduced to $89 from twice that price. Can't wait for them to arrive!
    You look fab! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're allowed to spend up big when you're buying bargains because you're actually saving money! That's what I regularly tell myself! Lol!

      Delete
  2. Love that cold shoulder top, a great look and so slenderizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the cold shoulder trend! I hope it stays around for a long time!

      Delete
  3. Ingrid these tops look fantastic and yes they slimming on you. Nothing beats a sparkle when you need to go out and want to feel really dressed up #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jumper + the cut out top look wonderful on you Ingrid! I'm partial to a bit of sparkle, but I tend to save it for the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic in all of these sparkly tops! My favorite is definitely the last, black heart sweater. I am a sucker for anything with hearts, not to mention sparkles!

    -Katie
    http://hellokatiegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last one with the sequined heart is definitely cute and perfect for day wear!

      Delete
  6. I especially love the purple one and the one with the heart. All your tops have the right amount of sparkle. NYE sparkles can be just overwhelming, lol. But these are great!

    Nina
    aworldofdresses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina! I know what you mean about NYE sparkles being overwhelming!

      Delete
  7. LOVE the love heart knit. They all look gorgeous on you. Absolutely everyone should wear sparkles and at any time of day. My 94 year old grandmother swears by them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I have the same attitude when I'm 94! It sounds like you have a groovy granny Renee!

      Delete
  8. Love the heart jumper!!! Great post thank you, i had never heard of beme before i stumbldd on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to have introduced you to beme, one of my favourite brands Breharne! :)

      Delete
  9. One of my favourite tops is black with sequins. I'm loving the heart jumper and the wine coloured sparkle knit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black with sequins is always a winner in my eyes!

      Delete
  10. Oh I love them all but I especially love that black top - so classy! Although the jumper is hard to resist because I heart hearts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black sparkly cold shoulder jumper is my current go-to evening jumper and the heart one is fun to wear during the day. I wore it to my niece's birthday party recently.

      Delete
  11. I love that purple, burgundy colour, looks great on you :)
    Jackie (Lipstick, Lattes & Louboutins)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie! It's a great winter colour.

      Delete
  12. You can never have enough sparkle I say. Love the heart jumper!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If sparkles are your thing, why should size stop you? I never knew that was a recommendation. Seems silly to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these outfits, especially the last one with the maroon pants! You're rocking em :)

    hellomoonies.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The wine colored jumper is a lovely one, looks lovely on you! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable tops! I love sparkles and sequins. And tunic length tops are the best! Who said curvy can't wear fabulous clothing?! You are rocking these pieces!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelbee for the lovely comment :)

      Delete
  17. These jumpers look fav on you Hun, great to read your blog. i'm all for the sparkle, high five to you.Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacqui for the lovely compliment and comment :)

      Delete
  18. Love you in the black heart jumper Ingrid - and fashion rules are always meant to be broken I say! Looking good girl xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev! The more fashion confidence I gain, the more I realise that fashion rules are indeed meant to be broken!

      Delete
  19. I love the black heart sweater paired with the colored denim. The perfect fall look. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think everyone should wear sparkles, all the time. The world would be a better place if we had more sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Beth! What a world it would be!

      Delete
  21. I really love that black top. It looks like it can be dressed up or down. I like a longer length these days, and also the cut away shoulders as you can show some skin without showing off the flappy bits.... Thanks for the post and have a fabulous week. I've joined you today from Worth Casing Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog. It sounds like we have similar taste in tops! :)

      Delete
  22. I love sparkles - so fun! It's more for fall/winter in my wardrobe, but cute nonetheless :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Australia we are currently going into our winter season.

      Delete
  23. That heart sweater is positively adorable! Love anything with sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  24. "We all shine on..." I love me some sparkles and these looks are fantastic! That heart sweatshirt is amazing!!!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love sparkles and have passed it on to at least one granddaughter. Love all of the looks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning choice. I love all theme but my favorite is the last black jumper
    You have a interesting blog
    Visit mine if you want
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love that gorgeous black jumper with the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Who makes these rules???
    If you want to wear sparkles wear them. Don't let other people decide for you. The more bling the better x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes, curvy girls can wear sparkles! Sparkles are for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely clothes and you look just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm not a fan of sparkles myself (I think I'm worried about bringing too much attention to myself or misusing them in some way!) but these tops are quite subtle and very flattering - looking good there!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looking gorgeous. Was just thinking about you and the jeans you had on at the blogger brunch when I was in Sydney. They were so soft to the touch. Pretty sure Vicki was wearing similar ones the other night and I'm now obsessed to get a pair of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are so cute and fun and you look awesome in them! Love that heart sweater :)

    ReplyDelete