Tuesday, 21 June 2016

My Boutiques Curves Olivia Dress in 'French Navy'


You can always tell when I love the cut and style of a dress, I usually buy it in more than one fabric design! Fabric designs I love I also choose in more than one style! Please tell me I'm not the only one that does this!!! 

Such was the case with the My Boutique Curves Olivia Dress. Admittedly, due to my good luck in being selected as a My Boutique Curves Brand Rep, I was blessed to be gifted four items of my choice from their 'Hello Sailor' Autumn/Winter collection. 

Even so, I could have chosen four completely different styles of clothing, in four completely different fabric designs, but I loved the Olivia Dress design so much I chose two versions of this dress among my four choices. I also loved the 'French Navy' fabric so much I chose two items made with this same fabric. I find navy to be such a flattering shade, and less harsh than black. 

My Boutique Curves is an Australian fashion label created by Danielle Faulkner to fill the gap in the market for stylish and affordable clothing for the curvier woman. My Boutique Curves stocks sizes 16 to 24 whilst its sister company My Boutique stocks sizes 8 to 14.

The features of the Olivia dress that are perfect for us curvy girls include the longer sleeves to cover our upper arms, the loose fit, so you don't have to worry when ordering this dress online whether it's going to fit you or not when you receive it and the high/low hem line. This hem line covers everything that needs to be covered at the back and at the front it stylishly shows a bit more leg. And I must let you know that this dress 'swishes' beautifully as you walk!

My Boutique Curves Olivia Dress in French Navy

The Olivia Dress is completely versatile covering all occasions from casual to office to evening.

I wore this dress to my corporate office by styling it with a black belt, jacket and work shoes. I love the illusion of faking a slimmer waist by adding a belt.




To then wear this dress out in the evening for a special dinner I simply changed into dressier shoes, kept the same belt, added a stylish and warm wrap (not in photo) and an evening clutch.



You can also change this look again by adding a tan coloured belt.





I bought both of the above belts from City Chic on sale. Click HERE iconto go to the City Chic accessories sale page. They may not have the exact same belts anymore but I always find a belt (or two or three) I want from there! They also currently have some awesome shoes and statement necklaces at a bargain price! 

Here's some more City Chic belts including those not on sale.

If you are interested in seeing some of the other My Boutique Curves items I chose to be gifted, here are the links to my previous blog posts about the My Boutique Curves Olivia Dress in 'So Frenchy' and the My Boutique Curves Riviera Kimono Jacket.

Do you buy more than one version of clothing items you love?

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

This Olivia Dress was kindly gifted to me by My Boutique Curves. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.



37 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful dress on you, love it belted! :)

    I tend to do exactly the same thing, haha! If there's something I like I'll buy it in multiple colours! :)


    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mica! And I'm glad I'm not the only one that buys things I love in multiple colours!

      Delete
  2. I definitely buy more than one item where cut and colour are concerned. The same can be said for bags and shoes.
    You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jody! I'm the same with bags too!

      Delete
  3. If I can find something that fits and flatters then I will totally buy it in multiple colourways! It just makes sense :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly you look awesome Ingrid and secondly, like you, I am a repeat buyer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev! It sounds like there are a lot of repeat buyers!

      Delete
  5. I tend to buy multiplies in lots of things. I really like how you dressed this outfit up with the shoes and belt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress, Ingrid! The belt adds so much character :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, Ingrid! I love this dress! It is so fun and pretty and swishy! I love all the different ways you have it styled, too. Just gorgeous. By the way, my newest link up is live if you'd like to join!

    Shelbee
    http://www.shelbeeontheedge.com/my-old-navy-rewards-haul-and-a-link-up/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Swishy' dresses are one of my favourites!

      Delete
  8. That's a gorgeous pattern! Super fun! DF xoxo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. No you're not the only one, I do the same thing. If something looks good, stock up in different colours, I say! Love this one on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Di! Thanks to everyone who has commented I now realise I'm not the only one who buys multiple items in different colours/patterns when I find a style/cut of item I love.

      Delete
  10. You look ace in this dress and you sure know how to rock a belt! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like it with the black belt - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic, versatile dress. If I love a dress, I'll often buy it in a different fabric, if it's available. I still usually end up having one favourite between them though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite varies depending on my mood and the occasion I need to wear the item.

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful dress and how much does it suit you! Versatility in clothing is the best. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denyse! I'm a big fan of versatile clothing due to my part time employment. I like clothes that can do double if not triple duty in work, casual and social situations. It makes my part time budget stretch further :)

      Delete
  14. I love the dress and you look great but it reminds me of my pet hate that a lot of clothes (I notice it with TS14+ tops and tunics) are short at the front and longer at the back or sides. I'd prefer not to see my crotch, thighs or knees but short fronts seem to be the 'thing'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can't see my crotch - lol! But yes, this dress does reveal your knees. If you don't like a low/high hemline then this dress probably isn't for you.

      Delete
  15. Oh, I love the dress with the black belt and jacket! Very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic dress and I love the different ways you've styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The belt makes all the difference! You look fantastic in this dress. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I find something I like, I tend to buy it in other colours - or at least buy a backup of it! I know that when I find something I like, I will wear it out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous dress. Love the tan belt too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the print on this dress and the navy blue colour. I would wear this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice to meet you hun, love the dress too. Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You wear it well!
    Thanks for joining the Lovin' Life Linky again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you styled this dress with the belt and leather jacket! So chic!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete