Monday, 25 July 2016

Tough Pretty - Leather Look and Lace

Both leather look and lace are trending fabrics this season and I love the tough pretty combination of them side by side.

Lace has always been a favourite fabric of mine ever since I was a toddler according to my mum who tells me I used to love stroking the lace edging on my socks and refused to wear any lace-free socks - lol!

My taste in lace has matured slightly from the days of wearing lace edging on my socks! 

Here's a photo of my current favourite lace top from beme, the Full Sleeve Lace Mesh Top in the shade 'Antique'. I especially love its zigzag hem feature. 


beme Full Sleeve Lace Mesh Top in Antique

Lace is very elegant, girly and pretty. To give it a bit more edge I love teaming my lace tops with a tougher bottom half, either denim jeans, or in this case, my City Chic Pleather Flirt Skirt.

City Chic Pleather Flirt Skirt


Pleather is a great, luxe-for-less  leather-look option, which can add a high fashion, yet edgy tough look, to any ensemble. 

The quality of pleather has significantly increased over the years and personally I don't think it is that easy anymore to tell the difference just by looking at an item someone else is wearing whether it is leather or pleather.

Every time I've worn the above pleather City Chic Flirt Skirt I've received compliments from friends and colleagues regarding my 'leather' skirt. I'm sure you can keep a secret, just don't tell my non blog following friends, but I don't always correct them regarding the true fabric of my skirt!

Here are some more pleather items that I have my eye on currently, some plus sized items and some standard sized items. That's the benefit of being an inbetweenie, you get the best of both size ranges! Another bonus - some of these items are currently on sale - yay!

I've also included a better view of the above City Chic Pleather Flirt Skirt. 

Links have been added for all items for your convenience if you are interested in shopping for any of these.



City Chic Pleather Trim Cardi (Available in sizes XS - XL - equivalent to 16 - 24)

Dotti Rocker Girl PU Biker Jacket in Dusty Pink (Available in sizes 6 -14)

City Chic Pleather Split Skirt (Available in sizes XS - XXL - equivalent to 16 - 26)

City Chic Pleather Flirt Skirt (Available in sizes XS - XL - equivalent to 16 - 24)


PU Panel Ponte Leggings (Available in sizes 14 - 26) 

The Iconic Clover PU Biker Jacket (Available in sizes 6 - 18)

Here are some of the lace items I'm currently wishing were in my wardrobe!



beme Full Sleeve Lace Mesh Top (Sizes XS to XL equivalent of 16 - 24)

City Chic Lace Kimono (available in sizes XS, S, XL - equivalent sizes 16, 18, 24) Now reduced from $89.95 to $30) Also available in white in additional sizes. I'm thinking of buying this for date nights in spring & summer.

City Chic Lace Fever Dress (available in sizes XS to XXL equivalent to 16 - 26)

Forcast Laylani Lace Panel Top (Available in sizes 4 - 16. Now reduced to $23.40)

City Chic Mysterious Lace Top (available in sizes XS - XXL - equivalent to 16 - 26) 

Worn in photo with the City Chic Pleather Flirt Skirt

Cotton On Pointelle Lace Socks (OMG I couldn't believe it when I spotted these! How can I not include these cute socks in this blog post! Now to decide which colour combination to buy! On sale for $2 a pair I'll probably just choose one of each - lol! Talk about re-living your childhood. Expect to see these socks pop up in an Instagram post soon! They'll look cute in spring with crop jeans or shorts.)



Are you a fan of either leather look or lace items?

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

54 comments:

  1. Such a cute look. I have a great pleather jacket- you can't tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I do like a good pleather jacket!

      Delete
  2. I'm not a lace fan, but I do love leather! I've got a proper leather jacket which I ADORE, but I think a pleather skirt could be on the list for down the track. I think it's great that the whole "leather look" looks close to the real thing these days - makes it more affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leather jackets last for such a long time! They are such a great investment piece!

      Delete
  3. I simply adore lace and have so much of it in my wardrobe....and only just bought my first leather top a week ago! Can't wait to wear it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great excuse to go out somewhere special to wear your leather top for the first time ;)

      Delete
  4. I love me some lace! I really wanted a lace wedding dress but boohoo, it looked terrible on me! Haha. Always the way! I do have lots of little lace jackets and things I still love and wear though :) #TeamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a shame you couldn't find a lace wedding dress to suit you if that's what you wanted! However I'm sure you looked stunning in the wedding dress you did end up choosing!

      Delete
  5. Love all of these. I have a great leather jacket I inherited from my step mum, such a versatile piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how leather jackets last forever! I really want to invest in one!

      Delete
  6. I like the dichotomy of leather and lace. I'm a bit like that with denim and sequins. If I could wear either I'd love to wear jeans with blingy sequined shirts in summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sequins and sparkles especially with denim are another favourite of mine too!

      Delete
  7. I love lace and leather together. In saying that I don't think I have many pieces with lace on them that I could team my leather jackets with. Love your take on the trend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leather and lace is quite a classic combination!

      Delete
  8. Ah, I've always wanted to wear a leather jacket just like Madonna in Desperately Seeking Susan, also to have leather trousers and great legs to go with them. But no.... the ponte pants look fab though and more my (middle aged now) style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish I had the legs to go with leather trousers but alas I think a leather skirt is more my style!

      Delete
  9. I really like leather (faux leather of course), but lace, I'm not so keen on. Although in the right dress it can look quite cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the plush pleather skirt with sweet lace top!

    I can’t wait for you to see what I’m wearing this week at the blog – come check it out and lemme know what you think!

    Happy Tuesday!

    Rebecca
    http://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love lace and leather combination!



    Come visit us soon
    xx
    Makeup, Style and Sugar
    http://makeupstyleandsugar.blogspot.in/2016/07/everything-was-fact-but-she-in-fact-was-a-fiction-a-mystery.html
    https://www.instagram.com/ankitabardhan/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this chic dressed up look. The lace top and pumps are nice. Welcome by and join my last Thursday Moda linkup with this pretty outfit. =) Thanks, Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the juxtaposition of lace and leather! They are opposites in ways but compliment each other so well! Love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha yes I know the lace socks you mean - essential part of growing up having them I think! :)

    I really like your lace top too - I have a similar style of kimono and I can't wait until it's warm enough to wear it again!


    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to wear quite a bit of pleather. I don't wear leather because of the whole vegan thing. I don't have any in my wardrobe at the moment. I must rectify that. I love lace though :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that skirt! Loveheart eyes!

    I bought myself some lace trimmed socks from Sportsgirl last year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an amazing skirt isn't it! So versatile! I've worn it to work, on weekends and to parties! I love it!

      Delete
  17. Tough pretty always nails the day. I love this combination Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking great Ingrid! Love how nice and conservative but edgy this outfit is. And I too use to love those lace edged socks as a child and I'll have to check out those very cheap Cotton On ones for sure! I have seen people wearing them with sandals, sand shoes and ankle boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel! They look cute with sandshoes!

      Delete
  19. your top is the cutest!! love how you styled it in a conservative way
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in love with the shoes, I need them!!!!

    Have a wonderful day doll.
    Johanna ❤

    http://www.dreamscolorsandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the leather look but have never been able to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm soooo into leather jackets. I've got heaps. I've not really done any lace though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have plenty of lace but no leather - omg I am an old lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look fantastic. I have seen the pleather look about and considered a few pieces. I am a fan of lace too. It's always elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  25. YES! Leather and lace is amazing together - great look!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hmm think a pleather skirt is on the wish list after reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hmm think a pleather skirt is on the wish list after reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your look hon! Why don't you join my FASHION LINK UP ! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love lace! It's one of my favorite things to wear. I have tops, skirts, and even a pair of shorts all in lace. And I love your top with your "leather" skirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love that skirt! I am a fan of a touch of lace on tops and dresses. X

    ReplyDelete
  31. Leather and lace always a winning combo!

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you soon!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've always loved leather and lace. Pretty look! Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday & hope you had a fab weekend!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love that skirt. I think I may need to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I don't typically wear lace or leather/pleather but after seeing some of these pieces I think I have found a new style!!

    #MummyMondays

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm a bit fussy with lace, it has to be soft and non-scratchy or I won't wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the look of lace with leather!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm not normally a fan of lace (it has shades of grandma's house for me) but I do really, genuinely like that top. It really is a flattering and comfortable look and would look good paired with pretty much everything.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I don't own any leather, but I did buy a top with a lace trim around the bottom at Rivers last year. You've reminded me it's in the wardrobe! Come to think of it, it would go well with a pair of pleather pants.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ooooh, I never thought I could do leather and lace but your post has inspired me! I have a pleather jacket from Big W and LOVE it. Love the flirt skirt :) x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love this look! I like anything lacy and your shoes are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the combination of leather and lace! Super cute look!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete