Monday, 29 August 2016

August BellaBox Beauty Subscription

A couple of months ago I stopped receiving my previous beauty subscription box and I've been missing my regular influx of sample beauty goodies ever since! 

So now I'm on the hunt for a new beauty subscription box.

Thus when the opportunity arose to trial the August BellaBox I happily accepted.

For those of you who aren't aware how BellaBox works let me enlighten you.

BellaBox is a monthly beauty subscription box which contains five sample beauty products to try in the comfort of your own home. Each month's box has a different theme and this month the theme was "Complexion Perfection".

Each month will include a different mix of beauty products ranging from makeup, skincare, fragrance, body, hair products and sometimes even a lifestyle product. The samples are generously sized to ensure you can really test out the product and discover the products you love. Some products may be full size although this is not guaranteed.

If you love what you sampled you can then buy the product from the BellaBox online shop. 

So let's proceed with the unboxing of the August BellaBox Complexion Perfection that I received.

BellaBox Complexion Perfection

BellaBoxes arrive beautifully packaged in a signature, sturdy blue dotted cardboard box. 

I love gorgeous packaging and this is a fabulous and convenient box which I will definitely be reusing to store some beauty bits and pieces in.

This month's BellaBox contained five beauty products, two of which were full sized (yay!), all designed to help achieve a flawless complexion - who doesn't want that?! It also contained two bonus sample sachets plus an information card of its contents and a generous 40% off discount for Em Cosmetics products.

BellaBox Complexion Perfection Contents

BellaBox Complexion Perfection - Product Information Card

BellaBox Complexion Perfection 40% Off All EM Cosmetics

Em Cosmetics The Great Cover Up Ultimate Concealer
9ml RRP: $17.00 USD

"Create perfect skin with Em Cosmetics, Michelle Phan's amazing beauty brand, direct to you from the US! This lightweight, yet full coverage concealer is perfect for all skin types, and blends easily leaving a natural finish".

BellaBox Complexion Perfection -
Em Cosmetics The Great Cover Up Ultimate Concealer

This is the product I am most excited to see in this BellaBox as I was needing a new concealer and this one sounds absolutely perfect for my needs. This is the first product from the box that I will be using as I want to make use of the 40% off Em Cosmetics offer that came with this box if this product lives up to my expectations of it, which I suspect it will!

Avene Tolerance Extreme Cream
Deluxe sample size 5ml. Regular size 50ml RRP: $58.95

"Providing instant relief for hypersensitive and allergic skin, Avene Tolerance Extreme Cream delivers long-lasting protection along with hydration and nutrients to the skin. Ideal to keep your skin at its best in winter!"

I love Avene Thermal Water and thus I am excited to try another product from this company. Although I don't have hypersensitive or allergic skin it's good knowing this product will be kind to my skin. Being 40+ years old my skin craves hydration and nutrients! 



BellaBox Complexion Perfection -
Avene Tolerance Extreme Cream &
Avene Tolerance Extreme Cleansing Lotion

Avene Tolerance Extreme Cleansing Lotion
Deluxe sample size 5ml. Regular size 50ml RRP: $58.95

"This lightweight, no-rinse facial cleanser protects the skin's natural barrier while soothing redness, tightness and itching. Apply morning and evening to face and neck and gently remove with a cotton pad. Perfect for sensitive skin".

This sounds like another lovely skincare product which will be gentle and kind to my skin. I love discovering new gentle yet effective cleansers!

JBronze Face Flawless Tan
30ml RRP: $24.95

"Get your glow on this August with JBronze's lightweight, non greasy Face Flawless Tan! Not only does it reveal a natural looking streak-free tan, but it also contains antioxidants to hydrate and nourish your skin".

I like the sound of this product containing antioxidants but being honest I'm not a fan of self tanning products. However my loss is my best friend's gain! She would absolutely love this product so I'll be making her day and passing it along to her to use.

BellaBox Complexion Perfection - JBronze Face Flawless Tan

NIVEA Creme Fairy Tales Edition
150ml RRP: $7.88

"Dry knees and elbows? Not anymore! Moisturise from top to toe with NIVEA's rich formula creme. Perfect for daily use all over the body to soothe, intensely moisturise and protect your skin. Suitable for all skin types".

How cute is this tin! I love cute packaging and this is the best! NIVEA is such an iconic and trusted brand. I love the inclusion of this NIVEA creme in this BellaBox. Once again it is a perfect product for my skin! 

BellaBox Complexion Perfection - Nivea Creme Fairy Tales Edition

BONUS: Alpha Keri Body Slimfit Bust Lift and Firm Cream &
 Alpha Keri Body Slimfit Heat-Activating Slimming and Firming Serum

I love that there are two bonus sachets included in this BellaBox. I haven't used anything similar to these products before so I'll be excited to try them out. I'm not sure however whether one application of a "bust lift and firm cream" or one application of a "slimming and firming serum" will give me a true indication of whether this product works effectively or not. Regardless I will enjoy using with these sachets.

BellaBox Complexion Perfection - Bonus
Alpha Keri Body Slimfit Bust and Firm Cream &
Alpha Keri Body Slimfit Heat-Activating Slimming and Firming Serum

Overall I've been impressed with my unboxing first impressions of this BellaBox. I love the mix of products and I think it shows excellent value for money. I also totally love the idea of receiving five new beauty products to try every month.

This is one of the best things about beauty subscription boxes, being able to try out new products that are unfamiliar to you and hopefully discovering new, useful beauty products to love and continue using!

If you are interested in subscribing to BellaBox the cost is $15 each month plus $2.95 for postage and handling which includes premium trackable postage. You can cancel your subscription at any time, there is no minimum sunscription period.

I've just seen a sneak peek of the September Box which is now available. Its theme is Kiss Me and every September BellaBox will include a Jelly Lipstick, which looks totally amazing!

Click HERE to subscribe to next month's BellaBox. Note that if this is your first experience with BellaBox you will get $5 off this first box! Yay!

Join bellabox today and get $5 off your first month!

Which above product appeals to you the most? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

The above BellaBox was kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

40 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun way to try out things and they seem to made a winner with these boxes. I like the box a lot too! Denyse #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauty subscription boxes especially ones like this one that have deluxe sized samples and full products are perfect for trying new beauty products and loads of fun to receive!

      Delete
  2. You must have the softest skin out there with all of these products, Ingrid :) I always have dry elbows and knees, so my favourite this time is the Nivea creme :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin is definitely a lot softer than it would be if I weren't using all these skin care products!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great box this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for my current skincare needs so I'm very happy with it!

      Delete
  4. That has some amazing goodies in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I subscribed for about six months and just couldn't keep up with all the products. For a sample box it is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely one of my favourite beauty subscription boxes!

      Delete
  6. So many great things in there! I love J Bronze. Best self bronzer I've ever used. And the Nivea lip balm too. Great stuff! Got to love Bella Box. As a completely side issue, I have just partnered with a business who sell subscription boxes for kids. They are now including my books in the boxes. It's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on getting your books included in a subscription box for kids! That is definitely so cool! What a great inclusion in a kids box!

      Delete
  7. Subscription boxes look great. I haven't used any as yet, but am always interested to see the range of products they offer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love subscription boxes, they have introduced me to so many products I wouldn't have otherwise discovered and tried. Some of these products have ended up being favourites of mine that I repurchase over and over.

      Delete
  8. They look like a lovely present to give yourself. And great gifts for others too. Nah, screw them I want it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the packaging! :) I've always wanted to try one of these subscriptions out, I rarely wear makeup but one with skincare products would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohh.. The J Bronze face tanner looks promising!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend was so happy when I passed this onto her! She couldn't believe her good luck!

      Delete
  11. I'd love to know how the Em Cosmetics concealer goes. The Avene products are a great inclusion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make sure I review the concealer and include it in one of Monday Makeup Madness link ups so hopefully you won't miss it!

      Delete
  12. Ok, I think I need to sign up for this now. Thanks for linking up with me on Flat Bum Mum. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never subscribed to something like this because often i don't change fro what I know. But over the last year or so, I seem to be changing and this would be a great way to test before you buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good way to try new products but if you've found the products that are right for your skin stick to them!

      Delete
  14. Great unboxing! I love nivea blue tin! It hurt brings back so many memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NIVEA tin is so cute! Being the owner of three gorgeous bunnies the fact that it includes a bunny on the fron of the tin makes it all the cuter to me!

      Delete
  15. I'm with Di - hoping you review the concealer FIRST! All up it's a lovely selection of products, I'm impressed enough with the value and the contents to seriously consider subscribing - thanks Ingrid xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make a point of reviewing the concealer and linking it up to one of my Monday Makeup Madness link ups so hopefully you won't miss it :)

      The range of products and the value of this BellaBox have impressed me!

      Delete
  16. I love these kinds of things but I haven't tried Bella Box yet. It looks like a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BellaBox is definitely worth trying in my opinion! They seem to have a good variety of products from month to month and the price point is good.

      Delete
  17. I love getting these goodie boxes I receive one from Marie Claire 4 times a year. It is like a birthday present or Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauty subscription boxes do feel like presents when they arrive!

      Delete
  18. These boxes look fab, I'd love receiving these goodies in the mail! The concealer is my pick from this box!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is awesome value! I love Nivea. That creme would be perfect for my dry elbows!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm always palming my self tan products off to my friends too! How cute is the tin! I got the same one and looooveeee it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always wondered whether these were any good. Do you ever get months where the stuff is no good or things that you wouldn't use?
    Thanks for linking up to #MummyMondays.

    ReplyDelete