Monday, 1 August 2016

Sukin Hydrating Facial Masque Review

Most of you have no doubt heard of Sukin by now, but for the few beauties that haven't, let me introduce you to Sukin, a fabulous Australian family owned natural skincare company which was established in 2007.

Sukin's tagline is "skincare that doesn't cost the earth", with it's mission being to provide high quality, affordable and effective natural skin and hair care.

Sukin is environmentally friendly and has been certified as 100% carbon neutral, cruelty free and vegan. Their formulas are biodegradable and grey water safe and Sukin product packaging is recyclable. Plus their products are affordably priced! Wow - Sukin sure ticks all the right boxes!

When I was recently given the opportunity of choosing one Sukin product to review I had a hard time choosing! I was initially tossing up between choosing a product from either their Purely Ageless range or their Super Greens range but in the end I chose the Sukin Hydrating Facial Masque. 


Sukin Hydrating Facial Masque

Sukin Hydrating Facial Masque is a mask rich in mango seed butter, avocado oil and olive fruit extract to provide intense hydration and protect the skin's moisture barrier. 

It also contains enzymes found in papaya and pineapple to nourish the complexion and provide important vitamins and fruit acids for a smooth and healthy glow.

With such an ingredient list including components of mangoes, avocados, papayas and pineapples this face mask sounds almost good enough to eat - lol! But more seriously, I do like the fact that the ingredients are recognisable natural ingredients and not a long list of chemicals with scientific names that I've never heard of before!

Like all Sukin products this mask contains no parabens, no sulphates and no other hidden chemical nasties. Yay!

As can be seen from the photo below this Sukin Hydrating Facial Masque comes in a 100 ml recyclable plastic tub with a screw on lid. 

The face mask itself is a white colour and thick enough in consistency to make it easy to apply onto a damp face without it running down your face. It dries transparently on your face and feels a bit tight just before it's time to rinse it off. 

It has a lovely subtle and natural fragrance when in the jar but once applied on my face I no longer noticed this fragrance.

The mask is formulated to stay on and penetrate into your skin for 15 minutes before it is then easily rinsed off with warm water and using a wash cloth.

Sukin Hydrating Facial Masque

I found this mask left my skin feeling beautifully smooth, soft and silky. My skin felt nourished afterwards. It also gave my skin a bit of a healthy looking natural glow - exactly what my 40+ year old skin was needing! I would definitely recommend this mask.

Since receiving this Sukin Hydrating Facial Masque I've been using it twice weekly before going to bed. It has been a lovely and relaxing additional step in my bedtime skincare routine on these nights, helping me to switch off at the end of the day and wind down ready for bed. I have been following it up with a night moisturiser.

Although I don't have sensitive skin I think this facial mask, given its natural ingredients and very subtle fragrance, would be gentle enough for those with sensitive skin.

I've loved using this product and would be happy to purchase it to continue using it once I finish this jar.

The Sukin Hydrating Facial Masque has a very affordable recommended retail price of $15.99 and is available to purchase online at Priceline HERE if you wish to purchase it. 

If you are a fan of natural and vegan skincare and hair care products and like to buy environmentally friendly products you can click HERE to see more of the Sukin product ranges. 

Do you use face masks? 

Have you used any other Sukin products?

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

This Sukin Hydrating Facial Masque was kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

66 comments:

  1. I love this brand. I did not know they had a mask though. I will have to take a second look next time I am at Priceline. Thanks for the word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sukin creates a couple of different face masks. This is the one I thought would be best suited to my face during the current winter season!

      Delete
  2. I use sukin moisturiser and hand cream, smells amazing. Will check out the masque!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Sukin hand and nail cream too!

      Delete
  3. This masque sounds ace. Thanks for the tip off about the Priceline sale - so many bargains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Priceline sales are amazing and definitely the best time to shop there.

      Delete
  4. I'm one of those who hadn't heard of Sukin! I do love organic and economical skin care products though so will definitely taking a look at these products - thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to have introduced Sukin to you Min! Let me know what you think of these products if you do decide to go ahead and try them out.

      Delete
  5. I have their hand wash but didn't know about the masque, sounds lovely. I recently tried a masque made from Irish peat bogs which burnt my face so I'm a bit scared of them now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irish peat bogs! That sounds like a unique ingredient! What a scary reaction to have, no wonder you are now wary of face masks!

      Delete
  6. I love Sukin! I had to find a cheaper skin care range last year and I needed something that my 11yr daughters and 14yr old son could use also. Sukin ticks all those boxes! I am off to get this mask. Can I suggest if you like a good exfoliate the charcoal range is divine! I have used both the super green exfoliant and now the charcoal exfoliant and the charcoal is by far my favourite but they are both great. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was considering the charcoal range of products too as I'd seen quite a few other beauty bloggers on Instagram using it. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll try the charcoal exfoliant next. I should buy it now whilst it's 40% off in the Priceline sale. This sale makes an affordable product even more of a bargain!

      Delete
  7. I'd never heard of Sukin before this post but it sounds great and such a good price. #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always happy to introduce others to brands I love :)

      Delete
  8. Gosh no. I haven't heard of Sukin. How disgraceful seeing I'm virtually vegan too. When it comes to my moisturiser I can't go past Clarins. I would like to try this masque though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like natural and vegan products then you will love Sukin!

      Delete
  9. Ohh this actually sounds so nice! I might have to give it a go! xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go! I'd love to hear what you think of it!

      Delete
  10. I've never heard of this brand, they sound great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have introduced you to such a great Australian brand as Sukin!

      Delete
  11. Love hearing about Priceline-stocked brands especially when there's a sale on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Priceline sales are the best for stocking up on favourite products and also for trying a new product or two!

      Delete
  12. Oh, I recently got Sukin facial moisturiser given to me for my birthday. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great birthday present! I have my birthday coming up this month but my family don't normally give me beauty items. I wish they did!

      Delete
  13. I'm on about 20 tablets a day, so I'm keen to look into the vitamin sale. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been spending a fortune on vitamins and medicines too lately. Now in addition to family members one of our bunnies is also on medication - antibiotics!

      It would definitely be worth buying your vitamins at 40% off! It's a pity that Priceline don't have medicines at 40% off! I'd save so much if they did!

      Delete
  14. I use a Sukin Bodywash and love how gentle it is. Love the sound of the mask...my priceline voucher has just arrived in the post, so with 40% off today I'm off to try this! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am quite happy to be reading about the Priceline sale at 12:38pm on Thursday knowing full well I won't make it in time. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably wouldn't thank me for reminding you there's always online shopping that's open until midnight!

      Delete
  16. I like Sukin. I've got their cleanser in my shower right now. I think they're such a gentle option with the right message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a lovely brand with a wonderful mission!

      Delete
  17. Sukin is a great brand, I have been lucky enough to try a couple of products from their range and really like them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be purchasing more of this brand too in the future! What products do you recommend?

      Delete
  18. I love Sukin products, my favourite is the exfoliating cleanser - it smells so good! I was actually looking at this product in the chemist just last week, I might have to give it a try now that I've read your review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try it and let me know what you think about it!

      Delete
  19. This masque sounds so lovely, especially with all those tropical fruity ingredients! I love Sukin products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Sukin too! With the listed tropical fruit ingredients I expected this mask to smell fruity, which it actually doesn't.

      Delete
  20. I love the Sukin facial moisturiser and hydrating body lotion, both Paraben free, original scent.One of the few I have used that my skin is happy with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good to find products that match your skin's needs.

      Delete
  21. This masque sounds great, I need to try it! Thanks also for the info on the Cotton On sale...I'm off to check it out online now ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With your love of natural products I believe you'd love this mask.

      Delete
  22. I love facial masques! This one sounds amazing! I would love the fruity smell. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think it smelled that fruity to be honest!

      Delete
  23. Will definitely alert my daughter to this stuff. She loves to find out about new natural (particularly vegan) beauty products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like this mask would be right up your daughter's alley!

      Delete
  24. I love Sukin products, but I haven't tried this mask yet. Think I might have to go and get some now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I keep meaning to add more Sukin products to my cupboard. I just bought their scrub and want to start using their shampoos too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This mask sounds great. I love that I have a good honest review to go by with lots of people in agreement. Plus the price point is nice as well. Just curious how do you think it would do on oily skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this mask would be okay on oily skin but the Sukin Oil Balancing Charcoal Anti Pollution Facial Masque may be a better match for your skin perhaps.

      Delete
  27. I love Sukin and I'm actually looking for a new facial mask! This one sounds absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This face mask sounds so lovely! I have so many charcoal masks, but I should really get a hydrating mask, maybe I'll invest in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love Sukin! I have their clarifying mud mask. My skin always feels amazing after I use it - might have to go and get this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm not familiar with this brand. That mask sounds so refreshing and such a great price point too!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this Sukin face mask! I really need to try more of their products - especially the Super Greens range :) x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for this review Ingrid - a transparent mask that won't frighten my cat is PRECISELY what I need lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sounds delicious! I love my skincare and face masks.. Another line that need to come to Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I do love face masks, but it's something I hardly ever spoil myself with, which I am going to have to change. Sukin sounds lovely to use.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Is Sukin related to/co-owned by the amazing Aussie brand Akin? I think I've seen it on Feelunique. I love Akin products. This mask sounds lovely. Great to hear there are no nasty ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Sukin is related to A'Kin at all.

      Delete
  36. Sukin's products are always lovely! I have awhole bunch of their rosehip oils!

    Lily not Louise

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love Sukin products! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I grabbed this one in the Priceline 40% off Sale and now I'm really glad I did! xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. My skin definitely needs hydration. I will check this out. Thanks for linking up with #MummyMondays!

    ReplyDelete