Monday, 19 September 2016

Fabulous New Season Fashion Trend: Spots!

Are you Team Stripes or Team Spots?

I used to be firmly entrenched in Team Stripes loving all variety of stripey dresses, tops and skirts and I do still love my stripes BUT lately I have also found a new love - spots!

And why not! Spots are so cute and wearable. Anyone can wear spots at any age, ranging from babies to teens to women in their 40's like me, and beyond!

Lucky for me I'm seeing spots everywhere this season! I've seen spots of every description ranging from small confetti spots, to polka dots, to symmetrical metallic spots to large irregular splotches.

These spots have been on shirts, dresses, skirts, undies, scarves, homewares, stationery, bedding - you name it and the chances are you can get it in spots!

My current favourite spotty top is this Foil Spot tee from Kennedys Boutique. 

Foil Metallic Spot Tee from Kennedys Boutique

It is such an easy to wear soft grey cotton with metallic silver spots! Yes, metallic silver spots! As you probably already know metallics, especially silver and rose gold, are another of my current favourite fashion trends!

This tee is the perfect length and shape. It skims the figure flatteringly rather than being skin tight like some other tees tend to be.

Foil Metallic Spot Tee from Kennedys Boutique

Kennedys Boutique's website is currently under construction but items can be bought by contacting them via their Facebook page HERE.

With my new love of spots going strong and showing no signs of abating any time soon I've been trawling the internet for more spotty fashions to buy.

Here are some spotty fashions I found that are high on my wishlist:


Fabulous New Season Fashion Trend: Spots!


Dorothy Perkins Spot Sleeveless Blouse $59.95 - Click on link to shop at The Iconic

Polka Dot Scarf (White with metallic silver polka dots) $19.95 - Click on link to shop at Crossroads

Grey Marle Hi Tee $19.95 (or 2 for $30 active separates)  - Click on link to shop at Cotton On

Big Polka Belted Skater Dress $149.95 - Click on link to shop at The Iconic

Willlow Fit & Flare Dress $119.95 - Click on link to shop at Jacqui E

Pin Up Spot Dress (Sizes 14 - 24)  $99.95 - Click on link to shop at City Chic Online 


There are also loads of scarves and accessories currently available for those who want to incorporate just a touch of spots into your current wardrobe! And yes, I love cute stationery and mugs, so I couldn't resist sneaking a spotty notepad and cute confetti mug onto my wishlist too!

Fabulous New Season Fashion Trend: Spots!


Katies Spot Print Scarf $24.95 - Click on link to shop online at Katies

Rose Gold Spot Coin Purse icon$4.95 - Click on link to shop online at Rubi 
I'm swooning over this gorgeous little rose gold spot beauty!

Deer Clutch in Cream $99.95 - Click on link to shop at Surafina

Metallic Spot Scarf $29.95 - Click on link to shop at Jacqui E

Chambers Skinny Scarf icon$20 reduced to $5 - Click on link to shop at Cotton On

Ginger Lace Tank $14.95 reduced to $5 - click on link to shop at  Cotton On Body

Large Spot Print Scarf $39.95 - Click on link to shop at Portmans

Bed Time Boxer $19.95 (or 2 sleep separates for $30) - Click on link to shop at Cotton On Body

Enjoy The Little Things Confetti Mug $9.99 - Click on link to shop at Typo

Binder Notepad icon$6.99 reduced to $3.50 - Click on link to shop at Typo


Are you a lover of spots? 

Do you prefer spotty garments or spotty accessories? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

54 comments:

  1. I love spots, the Iconic dress may be landing in my mailbox any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In addition to the spots I also love the pockets on this dress!

      Delete
  2. I love polka dots! That black and white dress bottom right is so cute, I have a top with that small polka dot pattern and I love it! Just adds a bit of interest to an otherwise boring black top :) #TeamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more a stripes fan I think but I do like some spotty fashion - more the little spots than big spots I think, though I do like that Grey Marle Hi Tee! Very much like the look of most of the scarves you've posted here - particularly the large spot print scarf from Portmans! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge scarf fan! As you can probably tell from my selection of items to include in this post!

      Delete
  4. I adore both! Spots can be hard to come by, unlike stripes. Gorgeous Tee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jody! I'm seeing lots of spots about in stores and on people currently. Although stripes probably are more popular still!

      Delete
  5. I love spots (and stripes). Your t-shirt is very cute and there are some great shopping picks too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely need a spotty scarf this spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A scarf is the easiest way to incorporate this spotty trend into your outfits!

      Delete
  7. I just realised I have nothing with spots in my wardrobe...time to go shopping me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm afraid I've been neither team spots nor team stripes. Not on purpose but I've not done a lot of shopping for a long time, but... I did buy a pair of pants with big spots on them last spring / summer which I continue to wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those pants totally admit you entry into Team Stripes!

      Delete
  9. I had this gorgeous spot dress in the 90s. I lived in it. Would love to find something similar to add to my wardrobe. It was such a versatile number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sad when you wear out an outfit and then can't find a similar replacement! Especially when it's been a versatile favourite!

      Delete
  10. Most of the time I wear one color only t-shirts and blouses, but I totally fell in love with Dorothy Perkins Spot Sleeveless Blouse on your wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely subtle spot on this blouse! I think I'm going to have to buy it to wear to work in summer.

      Delete
  11. Ooh I love the silver metallic polka dot scarf!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Metallics is a trend I hope lasts forever!

      Delete
  12. You know I'm only ever going to be teamstripes! But the spots look awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Although stripes are my jam, I would quite happily be talked into spots as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stripes are my thing but spots always get my attention xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be fully Team Stripes but now my loyalties are divided - lol!

      Delete
  15. oooh I like that first polka dot scarf from Crossroads! :) You've shared so many great spotty items! It's a print that's really lacking in my wardrobe so I wish I wasn't doing #noSpender September or I'd be buying that tee - it's perfect and looks great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a cross over navy top with white polka dots. Some nice stuff there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love them both! But have been buying far more spots than stripes lately. I'm a big fan of Princess Highway and they have SO MANY ADORABLE spotty things at the moment. Can't help myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check them out, I'm not familiar with their range.

      Delete
  18. I love spots! I have them on clothes, shoes, accessories! They are so much fun! And I love stripes too! I never get tired of either pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The post is just fantastic! Have a nice day:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had a lovely spotted dress waaaaay back when I was 17. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love spots, even more so than stripes. They are so cute and fun! The spotty scarves are so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love spots!!! Spots and stripes are my favourite things to wear haha these out fits are so nice - simple, yet work so well together! beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am a lover of stripes and spots. Pretty much every top, jumper and shirt in my wardrobe features one or the other. I feel like they're classic - and for someone who is usually not at all on trend they make me feel like I'm at least not too offensive looking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the top you are wearing. I have a similar one but it's a sleeveless button up. I do like spots but fairly picky about which ones I like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've definitely got more stripes in my wardrobe but that's not to say I wouldn't pass a spotty garment!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I feel my wardrobe is full of stripes and I could change it up with some spots.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't mind vertical stripes, but prefer spots as a rule. They are cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  28. While I do like both spots and stripes, I'm more of a floral or animal print girl myself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have more striped clothes, but I do love the spots too! I am currently shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding, and have seen quite a few spotted dresses in the stores at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love those spotty scarves! Definitely getting myself one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  31. love your Spot T shirt, Sadly we still have cold weather in Canberra and we are wearing winter clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Spots always make me think of retro styles and simpler times (and patterns) really love the metallic polka dots, it gives it a nice modern twist.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oooh, all such beautiful spotty prints! You know, I've been eyeing out the Dorothy Perkins range on The Iconic for a while now but haven't bought anything yet. All her clothes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. SPOTS! I don't have spots. I need to get spots. GIVE ME SOME SPOTS!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am totally loving spots right now as well. Cannot get enough!
    Thanks for linking up to #MummyMondays

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a fresh and fun trend Ingrid - that Willow frock is so smart and stylish,a and I love every one of the scarves ♥

    ReplyDelete