Monday, 5 September 2016

New Rimmel Highlighter Products - Good To Glow Highlighter & Brow This Way Highlighter Pencil

Spring has finally arrived! The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and gorgeous flowers are starting to bloom! Yay! 

The other change that Spring brings is my desire to change up my makeup, lighten it up and use products that will give me that youthful radiant and healthy glow!

Lucky for me Rimmel London has now launched two new and brilliant highlighting products, the Good To Glow Highlighter and the Brow This Way Highlighting Pencil.



Good To Glow Highlighter

Rimmel London's Good To Glow Highlighter is a liquid illuminator and highlighter that offers an instant buildable glow.

The formula contains light reflecting pigments that create a natural radiant and luminous look. It's perfect for achieving the radiant youthful dewy complexion I'm wanting.

There are two shades currently available in Australia:

          1. Notting Hill Glow - a shimmering pearl shade, and
          2. Soho Glow - a darker bronze shade.

I have the Soho Glow shade.

Rimmel London Good To Glow Highlighter in Soho Glow

I found the creamy formula of this highlighter to be lovely and lightweight and although it looks very pigmented at first, it blends beautifully into a subtle shade, adding a gorgeous natural looking radiant glow.


Rimmel London Good To Glow Highlighter in Soho Glow

This highlighter contains a visible yet subtle shimmer. I like mixing this highlighter in with my foundation to give me an all over natural dewy complexion. 

You can also wear it on top of your base to highlight the high points of your face, namely your cheek bones, the bridge of your nose, the top of your forehead and your cupid's bow. 

In addition you can add a few drops of this highlighter to your body cream to add a subtle glow to your decolletage, clavicle (collar bone) or even your shoulders when wearing this season's fashion trend of cold shoulder and off the shoulder tops. 

Rimmel London's Good To Glow Highlighter has a Recommended Retail Price of $12.95. Click HERE to buy it from Priceline Online.

Brow This Way Highlighting Pencil

Rimmel London's Brow This Way Highlighting Pencil is a highlighter pencil that can be used to accentuate the brow bone, and lift and illuminate the eye area. 

There are two shades currently available in Australia:
          1. Gold Shimmer (002) - perfect for a glam look, and
          2. Pink Matte (001) - perfect for everyday.

I have the Gold Shimmer shade.


Rimmel London Brow This Way Highlighting Pencil in Gold Shimmer

I found this jumbo highlighting pencil quick and easy to use and I love the effect it has in lifting and brightening my brow arch and eye area.

It has a soft formula which allows for a smooth application and makes it easy to blend.

I use it to highlight my brow bone for added eye impact. I also like to use it as an inner corner eye highlighter. You could also use it on your eyelids if you want to add some highlighting shade to them as well.


Rimmel London Brow This Way Highlighting Pencil in Gold Shimmer

Rimmel London's Brow This Way Highlighting Pencil has a Recommended Retail Price of $9.95. Click HERE to buy it from Priceline.

I have previously reviewed the Rimmel London Kate Moss Sculpting Palette which includes a lovely light champagne shimmer highlighter powder and #Insta Flawless, a tinted primer which provides a natural 'my skin but better' glow. Click HERE to read these additional reviews.



Do you use highlighters? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

These two Rimmel London products were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

45 comments:

  1. Lovely products. I just bought a similar BB illuminator by Gerard Cosmetics and I am waiting excitedly for it's arrival. I will check these ones out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the natural glow these products create.

      Delete
  2. Hi Ingrid fab idea to let people know about sales. There are huge reductions there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best time to buy beauty products! I usually stock up during sales!

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of the highlighter, but I don't know whether I'd go for Notting Hill or Soho. I'm fairly terrible at choosing which colour is the right one for me :/ #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may need to go in-store so you can swatch them to see what works best for you. The lovely Beauty Advisors at Priceline are always happy to help.

      Delete
  4. I do like 40% off!! Highlighter is one of my must do products at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love 40% off sales too! It helps my budget stretch further! Whenever I see good makeup sales now I'm planning on adding them to the end of my blog posts to share them with other beauty lovers! Why buy for full price when you can buy on sale!

      Delete
  5. Oh these look great for my trip to Bali next week - give that pretty glow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have the best holiday! I'm sure you'll return with a totally natural Bali holiday glow!

      Delete
  6. Im not sure how I feel about the pencil, I found it to feel a bit waxy and it gets caught in my brows :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that must be disappointing to you! I've been loving mine especially for highlighting the inner corner of my eyes.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous, sounds like Rimmel have delivered yet again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rimmel definitely have delivered again with these two gorgeous highlighting products!

      Delete
  8. I've been using Good to Glow EVERY SINGLE DAY since I got it! It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore any product that offers me a healthy glow...off to buy Good to Glow today! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never say no to products offering a healthy glow!

      Delete
  10. Oh these both look delicious! I especially love the highlighter, will have to invest in some today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never. say no to achieving a radiant glow!

      Delete
  11. I have no brows to highlight! Well, I do, but they are sparce and blonde at the ends which means they are lost on my face. People keep saying to get the feathered tattoo ... but a tattoo on my face? I just don't know if I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be too scared to have my face tattooed either!

      Delete
  12. Summer is definitely on the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter lasted way too long for my liking,winter lasted way too long for my liking!

      Delete
  13. Great wrap up of products. Going to have a go at the highlighter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth experimenting with these highlighters.

      Delete
  14. I wonder if the shimmery look is the way to go if you're the wrong side of 40 and can't afford botox? I do need a new lippy though, so thanks for the heads up about the Priceline sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wrong side of forty is where you'll find me too! That's why I love these products that give my skin a more youthful glow! Glad to share the Priceline sale details :)

      Delete
  15. I like the idea of a brow highlighting pencil. I've not had my brows waxed or tinted since I finished full time work nearly 4 years ago and they really need some work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The brow pencil looks great. It's on my list. Thanks for the heads up.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look great. I'd love to get the pink matte shade, the gold one looks nice too but the matte one is something I don't have. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE highlighters, I think I'll grab that brow one for sure!! Jackie - Lipstick, Lattes & Louboutins

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a great reminder to me that I still "can" find some afforable beauty products for my aging face and this glow one looks good. Thanks for joining the first link up for Life This Week Ingrid!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These two products are so perfect for Spring! I have the Good To Glow Highlighter in Notting Hill Glow and it is gorgeous but I am loving your swatch of Soho Glow so I think I definitely need to add that to my collection :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do like the look of the good to glow highlighter - that might actually give me some colour this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't use highlighters, but i would be interested to try, especially as summer is coming up. Will keep my eye out. I've just stocked up on makeup with my last visit to the chemist, and a family wedding coming up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow these look like terrific value Ingrid - I have a whole bunch of highlighter pencils, but not enamoured with most of them. Looking forward to trying the gold shimmery one ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Soho Glow is right up my alley! It's so rare to find non-silvery highlighters that will suit yellow-toned people like me.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like the look of both of these! Thanks for linking up with me on Flat Bum Mum. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I actually think I am getting over highlighters. The glow from space thing was never something I liked and there are very few products that are nice and natural (aka aren't so bright that they don't look like sweat lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe - I know what you mean about the glow from space. I don't like that sort of glow either. I like adding the liquid highlighter to my foundation for a more natural all over glow.

      Delete
  27. I never thought about highlighters ever, and then I bought touche eclat - lifechanging! I like the golden glow of this one I might give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you've tried highlighting, you normally do get hooked on using them all the time! They do make such a beautiful difference!

      Delete
  28. Ooo I like the sound of a highlighter, I've never used one before! Think I'll just have to go try one out for myself, thanks for the heads up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to spread the word about these stunning highlighters!

      Delete