Monday, 17 October 2016

7 Scent-sational Spring & Summer Fragrances

Now that Spring has sprung, the sun is shining and the flowers are well and truly blooming it is time to change over our fragrance wardrobes and bring out the lighter & brighter floral and citrus scents and put away the heady woods perfumes of winter.

To help inspire you I've featured 7 scent-sational Spring and Summer fragrances in this post. Some of these are new fragrances only recently launched, others are old favourites and well loved classics. All of them are perfect for the Spring and Summer seasons! 

If it's not Spring or Summer where you're reading this post then no worries, just pin this post for future reference. There's a Pinterest button at the side. 

7 Scent-sational Spring & Summer Fragrances

The two categories of fragrances most associated with Spring and Summer are:
  • Florals - this is of course the most obvious and completely quintessential Spring fragrance category, and
  • Citrus - the fresh crisp citrus scents come into their own in the warmer months, especially Summer!
As inspiration I have listed below a selection of my favourite floral and citrus fragrances. In the comments below I'd be interested to hear which additional floral and citrus fragrances are your favourites.

Daisy By Marc Jacobs
All the Daisy fragrances are perfect floral scents for Spring and Summer. I mean just look at the bottle lids of these fragrances! You can't get a more Spring themed fragrance bottle than these!


Daisy By Marc Jacobs

My favourite fragrance from the Daisy range is still the original Daisy. In addition to being a floral, it is also a crisp, citrus fruity fragrance, perfect for summer too. 

The top notes of strawberry, violet and ruby red grapefruit make a wonderful fresh impact. This is followed up with base notes of musk, vanilla and white woods, balancing out tones of gardenia and jasmine.

There is a limited edition set of Daisy fragrance coming out in holiday packaging in early November 2016 consisting of three metallic hued bottles of red, gold and pink! So keep an eye out for these. I love metallics and these will look amazing! 

Marc Jacobs Daisy 50ml is currently reduced from $90 to $69 at Priceline Online. Click HERE to buy.

Alternatively if you want to try more than one variety of Daisy, you can purchase the 4 set of Daisy Minatures including Daisy, Daisy Eau So Fresh, Daisy Delight & Daisy Eau So Fresh Delight HERE for $59. These mini bottles are just the cutest ever! 

These mini bottles make an affordable yet totally luxurious gift that is always happily received! I buy these mini sets of four and then give individual mini bottles as Christmas gifts to teachers and work colleagues.

Roses de Chloe
Another beautiful and feminine floral fragrance perfect for the warmer seasons is Roses de Chloe. 


Roses de Chloe

The rose notes of this fragrance are incredibly fresh and not at all heavy like some rose fragrances can be. The top note is a gorgeous rose scent with the added freshness of bergamot, which is gradually joined by a heart of damascena rose essence, modernized with a magnolia accord. On the skin this fragrance leaves a lovely trail of white musk and amber, a signature of the Chloe house. 

I'm totally in love with this fragrance! 

Amazing Grace 20th Anniversary EDT by philosophy
Created to celebrate philosophy's 20th year anniversary, this clean and beautiful feminine fragrance is an irresistible blend of freesia, muguet and jasmine blossoms. These florals are highlighted with clean citrus notes of bergamot, grapefruit and mandarin. This is accented by fresh greens, passionfruit and a classic long lasting musk.

Amazing Grace 20th Anniversary EDT by Philosophy

Viva La Juicy By Juicy Couture
Viva La Juicy is another old Spring and Summer favourite fragrance of mine. A lot of you are probably already familiar with it's crisp fragrance which opens with notes of mandarin and wild berries before floral mid notes of honeysuckle, jasmine petals and gardenia take over. This scent finishes with dry base notes of amber, caramel woods, vanilla, sandalwood and praline.

Viva La Juicy By Juicy Couture

Viva La Juicy is a fresh, fun, flirty, Summery fragrance.

The Juicy Couture range of fragrances are available HERE from Priceline online.

Versace Eros Pour Femme 
Versace Eros Pour Femme is a bright and sexy feminine fragrance without being overpowering. It's one of my all time favourite Summer evening fragrances. It has citrus top notes of Sicilian lemon, bergamot and pomegranate, middle notes of lemon flower, jasmine absolute, jasmine infusion and peony, and base notes of sandalwood, ambrox, musk and sensual woods.

Versace Eros Pour Femme

Versace Eros Pour femme 30ml is available from Priceline Online for $95. Click HERE to buy.

Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey EDT is a pure, sensual scent that contains only the notes of white flowers. The fresh scent features top notes of freesia, cyclamen and rose water, and has a floral heart of peony and white lily with carnation. The base notes consist of osmanthus, ambrette, musk, tuburose and precious woods.

The romantic in me also loves the symbolism of the glass and steel bottle which is designed to represent the full moon above the Eiffel Tower. 

Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey

I have blogged about my love for this fragrance previously and this is my third bottle of Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey! This is one of the fragrances that I would consider to be my signature scent. It has given me confidence on many an important occasion!

Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey is currently reduced from $119 to $59 at Priceline online making it the perfect time to indulge and buy this fragrance for either yourself or for a good friend for Christmas at this reduced price. Click HERE to buy. 

Roberto Cavalli Paradiso Azzuro
This Roberto Cavalli Paradiso Azzuro fragrance launched earlier this year and was inspired by the Mediterranean coastal Summer breeze. 

It blends soft and delicate notes of dewy flowers with a bright aromatic counterpoint, evoking the caressing sea breeze. It's an evocative fragrance with a unique tale of seduction. It's the perfect Summer fragrance in my opinion. 

The fragrance opens with a touch of sparkling zesty citrus and bergamot, mingled with lavender top notes. This is followed by a floral heart of jasmine petals. The base notes of cypress wood and cashmere offer a warm and luxurious dimension with a mezmorising lasting trail. 

I strongly recommend spritzing this fragrance in store but beware you will probably fall totally in love with it. It is truly divine and perfect for Summer! 

Roberto Cavalli Paradiso Azzuro

I'm also loving it's stunning diamond shaped bottle. It reminds me of the blue ocean with the sun sparkling on it thanks to it's beautiful vibrant blue colour topped with the multi faceted gem of a lid! Isn't it beautiful! 

To find stockists for this fragrance in Australia plus Amazing Grace and Roses de Chloe ring 1800 812 663.


Bonus Tip: 
If your fragrances fade fast and don't last as long as you'd like, 
click on this link for: 
What are your favourite Spring and Summer fragrances?



xxx

Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

* Please note that three of the above fragrances were gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

64 comments:

  1. I can't go past a bit of Daisy! I hedged my bets and got the mini rollerball set at Christmas. They're perfect for travelling or for adding some scent when you're on the go, and with four different "Daisies" I'm positively spoilt for choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish all fragrances came in mini roller ball packaging! They really are so convenient for popping in your hand age for fragrance top ups during the day!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love Chloe. To be honest I am not a regular fragrance wearer as often they give me a headache, but Chloe I can wear most days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That's no good but at least you can wear Chloe without getting a headache most days! It's definitely one of the lovelier scents!

      Delete
  3. I'm a big fan of the original ChloƩ, she's timeless & having her in a rollerball size is handy. Wasn't a fan of the Roses version though. Really want to nab a bottle of Viva la Juicy (+ the Noir & Rose versions too), but I need to finish more from my stash first before I shell out the cash! Also got my eye on Paco Rabanne's Olympea - still kicking myself for not buying a full sized bottle duty free when I had the chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duty free is a great method to buy fragrances but if you keep an eye out for specials sometimes they match and better the duty free prices. I haven't tried Olympea. If I see it I'll make sure to spritz it.

      Delete
  4. I haven't bought perfume for years and all of my old stuff has definitely started to turn. I think I'll be requesting some Issey Miyake for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Issey Miyake is amazing! I hope your request gets fulfilled!

      Delete
  5. I wish I could wear perfumes, but unfortunately they give me headaches. Even a stroll past the perfume counter or down the cleaning aisle in the supermarket can set me off. It makes it really hard to be around people who drown themselves in scent. They don't get it and just think you're being an arsehole. I hate being this way and would love to able to tolerate it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can actually relate to this, but with coffee instead of perfumes! The smell of coffee gives me headaches. It's the most anti social thing ever and I wish it didn't give me headaches but unfortunately it does!

      Delete
  6. I just treated myself to a bottle of Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden. The first bottle of perfume I have owned in ages. Just another way this mum usually puts herself last :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you've treated yourself to Elizabeth Arden's Sunflowers. Enjoy it! Even as mums we need to treat ourselves!

      Delete
  7. I love me a Versace perfume. My favourites apart from them are Victoria Secrets. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria Secret perfumes are lovely too!

      Delete
  8. I have some old faves I've been wearing for ages. When I used to travel o/s for work (in 90s and early 2000s) I used to stock up when I travelled but that was a LONG LONG time ago. I love Jean Paul Gaultier (the ones in the shape of a woman), Chanel No. 5, Opium, Poison Hypnotic and I used to love Fendi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chanel No. 5 is a favourite of mine too! It's such a classic and timeless fragrance!

      Delete
  9. I haven't been able to wear much perfume at all since I first became pregnant more than six years ago! It brings back morning sickness memories. I can still get away with Very Irresistible Givenchy though :) #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you've identified one perfume you can wear!

      Delete
  10. I'm in need of a new perfume and it's my birthday this week so I might just left this lying around open....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wear roses by Chloe and LOVE it. I love the scent of anything floral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florals are lovely, especially in Spring!

      Delete
  12. My fav Issey Miyake has been discontinued! Very sad face...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hate it when a favourite product gets discontinued!!!

      Delete
  13. I love Daisy, actually all the Marc Jacobs fragrances are gorgeous for Summer! I'll have to try that Roses by Chloe too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing Grace is one of my favourite fragrances ever. I like Daisy too. Issey Miyake is divine, but I actually prefer the male version on me. And on my husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must have similar tastes in fragrances! However I've never tried the male version of Issey Miyake. I'll have to try it next time I'm in store.

      Delete
  15. Oooh I haven't tried daisy yet but it is on my list :) :) Jackie - Lipstick, Lattes & Louboutins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a true classic and a lovely scent! You need to try it Jackie! Spritz next time you're in a fragrance section in-store!

      Delete
  16. Fragrance wardrobe? I didn't know a fragrance was seasonal! Huh. I guess it is when you think about it. I'm off to buy some florals ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florals are absolutely perfect for Spring!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for joining the Lovin' Life Linky! Hope to see you there on Thursday :)

      Delete
  17. I love the idea of the mini sets, as you get to try more than one scent. Fresh citrus scents are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already bought a mini set to give three to my kids teachers and tutor and 1 to keep myself! Convenient how that worked out, isn't it - lol!

      Delete
  18. I tend to wear my perfumes year-round but most of the scents I have are spring/summer "type" ones anyway. I keep hearing such good things about Marc Jacobs Daisy and it sounds lovely, I really need to try it next time I'm in store!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't bought a new perfume for a few months so will definitely check out some of these scents next time I need a new perfume

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to have provided you with some suggestions!

      Delete
  20. I need a new fragrance after leaving my new bottle of romance in a Melbourne hotel room. Boo! It may be time to finally get a bottle of Issey.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for this handy guide Ingrid! I always feel lost when choosing a new scent in Duty Free. Now I know exactly where to head ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I tried a sample of Eros Pour Femme and loved it, but they're always out of stock at the local counters - shows how popular the fragrance is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hate it when you want to buy something but it's out of stock. Keep trying, as this scent is truly special and worth owning!

      Delete
  23. What a gorgeous perfume collection you have! I love floral and sweet citurs scents so I really enjoyed this post :) I love Roses de Chloe too and there are some here I definitely have to try x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved fragrances ever since my lovely Nana gifted me my very first bottle of fragrance in my early teens.

      Delete
  24. i love roberto cavalli! that scent is so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I used to wear Issey Miyake all the time! But I think I want to get a bottle of my name's sake - Amazing Grace. A friend wore it once and I completely fell in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing Grace would be like having your own personalised fragrance just for you! I wouldn't mind a fragrance being named after me!

      Delete
  26. Thanks for linking up today Ingrid. People love your posts on perfume!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. gorgeous picks Ingrid. My absolute favourite is Chloe. I'd my signature scent x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! Chloe is such a gorgeous classic scent isn't it!

      Delete
  28. Love Daisy, but just bought the new basil and neroli from Jo Malone. Very yummy indeed. Dropping over from the loving life linky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to give that Jo Malone scent a spritz next time I see it! It does sound yummy!

      Delete
  29. Have always loved Amazing Grace. I also love the Marc Jacobs Daisy bottle, it is such a pretty design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fragrance bottles are always so pretty, especially the Daisy bottle!

      Delete
  30. I love Pacifica's Malibu Lemon Blossom and Sonia Kashuk's Yellow Alluriana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I haven't tried either of these two! Will have to find and spritz them!

      Delete
  31. I love Daisy too, but after reading this I HAVE to try the Roberto Cavalli one lol - thanks babe! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a great list! I definitely have to check some of these out!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for sharing these perfume suggestions at C&C with J&J! :)

    ReplyDelete